Top 10 Posters

Hi, my name is Victoria and I am an addict.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 370
VictoriaLB Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:51 PM

Hi everyone. is that how us quilters should introduce ourselves? I am an addict....I am addicted to fabric, quilting, quilting magazines, quilting patterns and quilting web sites, and I am even addicted to thread! I have been a beginner quilter for about 15 years. I am still learning with every quilt I make. I am still making mistakes with every quilt I make. I love to do applique work. My favorite part of quilting is the hunt. The hunt for the pattern and then finding the perfect fabric for it. My least favorite part is the actual quilting. I used to hand quilt and then I started learning to machine quilt. I like to hand quilt much better but I am limited on time. I look forward to getting to know everyone here. And I will be searching for advice and tips on machine quilting. 

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:04 PM

Welcome Victoria... You have come to the right place... we are all addicts here..  So you will fit right in...

Welcome

Kelley.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

This is the perfect place for all us addicts. You will love it here. I hope you post some pics on the Show and Tell Gallery. Can't wait to see your pics. And welcome.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:29 PM

So nice to meet ya, Victoria. You sound like a woman after my own heart. I like the piecing, but then turn it over to someone else for the quilting.  If, I could just piece and pass, I would be so happy. Haven't kept one single quilt I have made. All the UFO's that need quilting, hanging in the closet, are destined to travel to who they will find homes with. DH wants me to make one for us. So, I will make one from all the Civil War fabric blocks I got in our Birthday Block swap. If you like civil war fabrics, come on over to the Parasols and Fabric in Buttenut and Blue group.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:05 PM

Welcome Victoria

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,707
Points 364,362
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:59 PM

VictoriaLB:
Hi everyone. is that how us quilters should introduce ourselves? I am an addict....I am addicted to fabric, quilting, quilting magazines, quilting patterns and quilting web sites, and I am even addicted to thread!

Welcome Mimi.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:04 PM

Hi Victoria, welcome, you've come to the right place, we are all addicted to our craft.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,388
Points 46,845
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:30 PM

Hi Victoria, and welcome! Just like everyone said we are all addicted, to patterns, to fabrics to new tools...anything to do with quilting I hope we will get to see some of your quilts.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:55 PM

Welcome Victoria. Very humorous introduction lol. Most of us are addicts. Although some will be in denial lmao. Lately, I haven't had much time do to much infact never finished my ufo from last xmas for my bf or my friend. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 295
PaQuilter replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:55 PM

Victoria, I couldn't have explained me any better than you did you!  I think what has helped me the most is watching the Love of Quilting Shows.  I finished a quilt I was making for my DGS and I was up to the binding part...I've NEVER had a binding finish without being a disappointing mess where you join the two sections together.  Well, I was watching the Binding Bootcamp that Marianne and Mary Fons did in an episode in Series 19 and it worked.  I haven't had a messy binding since then.  I'm still learning too and so addicted to fabric, thread and quilting gadgets.  So welcome, you're among fellow addicts!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 10:32 PM

hi victoria, welcome to this fun group of addicts

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 22 2013 12:47 AM

Victoria,from one addict to another welcome , You're gonna love it here, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use