Shower curtain

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,841
Points 40,180
ls2116 Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:50 PM

Has anyone ever used a quilt top as a shower curtain?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,798
Points 122,955

ls2116:

Has anyone ever used a quilt top as a shower curtain?

No, actually it never occurred to me.  You'd have to use a separate plastic liner hanging on the inside to protect the quilt from soap scum wouldn't you? Would you only use a single layer of flannel instead of both a backing and batting?

Interesting thought.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 439
Points 7,025
Mz M replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:17 PM

my cousin's wife did and it looks really kewl!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:01 PM

I have seen this done in pictures in magazines. I think to use a completed top would make it too heavy. But, you do need to use a liner. It is a great look.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,395
Points 37,770
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:45 PM

I've made a shower curtain that looks like a quilt top and lined it with bleached muslin. The plastic liner hangs separately from the shower curtain. Made it about 10 years ago and it still looks like new.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:57 PM

I made one a few years back and I found a new pattern in the Moda Bake Shop blog. I didn't use batting and I do use a fabric liner on the inside.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 295
PaQuilter replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:29 PM

I made one a few years ago.  I lined the back of it with cotton.  It didn't need a liner because it hangs over the front of the shower doors (not my favorite thing to look at but a necessary evil.)  I did make a header and made buttonholes in the header to put the shower hooks in.  In our master bath, I couldn't find a shower curtain I liked and I haven't had the time to make one, so I used a wooden curtain rod, closet rod brackets, cafe curtain rod hooks with clips, and a drapery.  When I get around to making a new quilt shower curtain, I can just clip the quilt on to the rod and won't have to put the buttonholes in it.  Hope this helps...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:36 PM

I have made a shower curtain  "quilt"  with no lining just backing.  Put buttonholes in the top to hook my shower hooks thru.  Looks great.  I do use one of the plastic shower liners behind it.  Looks the same as it did many years ago when I made it.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use