Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 12:14 PM

Well, this day is certainly not going the way I had anticipated.  My plan was to get up and have breakfast  and leisurely get ready to go to church.  That didn't happen.  A friend called who lost power in the night from our high winds and wanted to know if I would join him in going out to breakfast.  Of course,  I would still have time when we got back to go to church.  Well, that didn't happen, the restaurants we went to were without power also , so we ended up at a small older place that was freezing cold because their large windows did nothing to hold out the cold.  Got thru that, then I had to invite him in until he got heat back.  So ended up redading the papers and he wanted me to retrieve his property tax statements for the year on all 5 pieces of property that he owns in the township.  So to the computer we go and it took a while to find the right township site to get that info from.  Well, he didn't leave until 11:05 and church started at 11.  There went that plan down the drain, and I haven"t been to church since the 1st of the year because I have had to keep my leg elevated -- I really wanted to go.  Since then , my friend has called back to say that his sister was taken to the hospital with a buildup of fluid in her lungs and they are going to do surgery on her.   She has liver cancer and he is thinking that perhaps it has gotten out of control.  I told him that it sounded like the cancer has spread to her lungs and is causing the fluid build up.  

Well, until I hear more, like in case he wants me to go to the hospital with him,  I am going into my sewing room and correct the error I made last night sewing my bias strips together to make bias tape.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 12:55 PM

Ginny, Sounds like you need to go back to bed and start the day over again, LOL. Sorry to hear about your friends sister. I do not know her name, but God does, and I will pray for both of them.    Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 1:47 PM

Praying for your friend and all to get their power back.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:14 PM

Thanks Susan, since I posted this, he has talked to his sister by phone and things don't really look good for her.  The cancer has spread everywhere and this sounds like it is going to be more of a pallative procedure.  Her name is Eunice.  She has always been a very private person, and my friend isn't one to ask questions about anything at all.  I told him that he needed to be more open with her so she feels comfortable reaching out to him.   He is trying.  He just called me back for the 3rd time since he left here at 11. 

Oh and IS his heat was on when he got back home.       Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:27 PM

Hi I haven't been able to be on here for awhile.  Seems like I have had quite a bit going on already this year.  Anyway i wanted to share something that happened this weekend that was pretty cool.  Friday night they were having a talent show to raise money for Prom.  My granddaughter volunteered to sing in it.  So during the show, when it was her turn the curtain opens, she is sitting in a chair with her guitar and a micraphone.  They put a red spot light on her and she sings and plays her song.  She jut killed it!!!  When it was over, all the kids were clapping and hollering and hooting and whistling like mad.  It was so awsome tears were streaming down my face.  I was so proud of her.  Nobody knew she could sing and play like that.  Then when I went up town everybody was talking about it and complimenting her.  Oh my gosh.  That was so neat. 

Thanks for letting me share this.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:50 PM

Ginny, thoughts and prayers going out for Eunice and her brother. I know it is so hard when it looks like the end is near for a loved one. If she has on one else, he better get a conversation going about her estate planning. I don't mean him getting every thing she has, but someone has to take care of the business of dying.

Pearl, isn't it so exciting to see a gift of God come forth from a loved one. Just hearing this story gives me chills. 

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:03 PM

Thank you.  I probably should have said that she just "nailed" it instead of killed it, but it was just awsome.  She is only 16 years old.  She basically has taught herself to play the guitar. 

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use