Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 100
Helen Posted: Sat, Jan 19 2013 2:46 PM

I have always had a problem sewing accurate snowball blocks.  I tried different methods like marking and sewing on the triangle line but everyoneof the blocks seems to be different.....there must be a logical way to make all the blocks square.  Your help will be much appreciated since I have been struggling with this problems for many years now,  Will Fons & Porter triangle tip cutter be of any help?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:16 AM

Helen

Alot of times when I do that style of block I will cut all the pieces just a smidge bigger than required.  Then after I get all the corners sewn on I square the blocks to size.   Hope this will help.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:18 PM

Helen:

I have always had a problem sewing accurate snowball blocks.  I tried different methods like marking and sewing on the triangle line but everyoneof the blocks seems to be different.....there must be a logical way to make all the blocks square.  Your help will be much appreciated since I have been struggling with this problems for many years now,  Will Fons & Porter triangle tip cutter be of any help?

Helen - when you sew the little triangles onto the square. just sew a "hair" to the outside of the line (towards the outside corner).  Then press the triangle out to see if they're right before you trim the extra layers off, you'll still be able to "correct" if you need too.  Bonnie H. says "just kiss the line when you sew it"  It works!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 100
Helen replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 10:05 AM

Thank you Nana, I will try you tip.!   Appreciate the help!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 14
Points 100
Helen replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 10:07 AM

Thanks so much Carolml, I have tried for years maybe the tips I get here will help me succeed!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use