Top 10 Posters

Fons and Porter 1500 series DVDs

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Points 5,312
LadyRags posted on Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:14 PM

I did not know where to post this so here it is...

Our local PBS no longer carries Fons and Porter... they switched to Kiddy cartoons from 6am til 6pm... like any responsible grown up would let kids watch TV all day.... JEEZE...

ANYWAYS.... The only way I can keep up with F&P is to buy the DVDs... Does anyone know when the next series will be released??    I do not get high speed internet way out here in the country... the cows do not need high speed internet.

Yes I have the magazine!

• | Post Points: 65

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,490
Answered (Verified) Nana replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:16 PM
Verified by LadyRags

Ladyrags

Sorry that your broadcasting network made that decision.  Maybe you should write and complain as I feel there are others that are just as upset.  I don't know about the DVDs so can't help there.  Good luck though.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 25

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,490
Answered (Verified) Nana replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:16 PM
Verified by LadyRags

Ladyrags

Sorry that your broadcasting network made that decision.  Maybe you should write and complain as I feel there are others that are just as upset.  I don't know about the DVDs so can't help there.  Good luck though.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 25
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,123 Posts
Points 411,179
gini replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:34 PM

we get fons and porter here, it's up in the green square.  does it not have the 1500 series?  if not i would ask them if it is going to be made available.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,445 Posts
Points 94,185

LadyRags, if I were you, I think I'd call F&P and ask them when the 1500 series will be released. I probably checked where you did, but I checked their shop and they only go to 1400. The video on this site, which you cannot watch because of your slow connection, only go to 1100.

Good luck with your search!

Gillette, WY

Top 500 Contributor
Female
202 Posts
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:51 PM

Isn't the 1500 series the set of DVDs they are currently giving away with a new subscription? I could be wrong.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
281 Posts
Points 5,145
Maria replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 7:30 AM

Lady Rags you can go to their website to find out which is available. I tried to get the 1500 series when I renewed my subscription but they said it was not available and sent me the 1400 series. I really don't know when exactly it will be available, as for the PBS series I haven't been able to watch them on there for over a year and a half. I asked PBS to put them and all the other quilting shows back on but the only ones they have on is Martha's sewing, Nancy and America sews (I think) none of these interest me so I don't watch them. I watch mostly on QNN.

Maria

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
12,940 Posts
Points 234,172
Thea replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:29 PM

Lady Rags, I believe the 1500 series is the series they are broadcasting right now and when they move to the 1600 series the 1500 series will be available on DVD but until then they don't sell it as then they wouldn't be able to market it to the stations that broadcast it.

i would contact your PBS station and let them know that you are upset that they are not carrying it.  It isnt on right now here either so may be in the off season time.  We have Eleanor Burns running and they usually offset each other. 

On our rural channle we always get EB though.  But until then you can get the older versions over on QNN tv.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
23,838 Posts
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:19 PM

The 1500 series is listed on the site but we're not able to watch them online yet. It's part of the deal with the TV network they can't make them available online until the next series begins. Or something to that effect.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use