Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 65
weddingring Posted: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:57 PM

Hello All

I'm not a quilter myself but my mother is.  She has produced more than a dozen quilts for the family since taking up the art at 70.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.  A few years into her quilting she saw a picture of a drunkard's path quilt called around the world.  Basically the quilt began with sunrise colours then proceeded in a clockwise fashion through the colours of the day.  It began with the yellows and oranges and  carried on through the colours of night.  The design was an exercise in colour matching and blending.

I love to sew and I love books. I have been searching for years  to try to get either the book or at least a colour photo for her.  She has made four quilts for my son and two quilts for me.  Mine was her first and it is entirely hand quilted.  I treasure it.  It is the only patten she wishes she had.  Back in the day the only photocopy one could get was black and white.  Can anyone help?  The book is long out of print so I'm hoping that a book collector has it stashed away somewhere.  Finding it seems to me, to be the best way to thank her for all of her hard work.

Thank you for your patience.  Marg

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:08 PM

Hi Marg, welcome.

Does the book have a name?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:57 PM

Marg, I found drunkards path  quilt around the world on my EQ7, but i don't have a clue how to share it with you , maybe someone else who uses eq7 can help me with that.  Kris, where are you lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:05 PM

Sorry I havn't seen that quilt and don't know my way around eq7 yet.  Good luck on your search for pattern. 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 11:20 PM

weddingring:

Hello All

I'm not a quilter myself but my mother is.  She has produced more than a dozen quilts for the family since taking up the art at 70.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.  A few years into her quilting she saw a picture of a drunkard's path quilt called around the world.  Basically the quilt began with sunrise colours then proceeded in a clockwise fashion through the colours of the day.  It began with the yellows and oranges and  carried on through the colours of night.  The design was an exercise in colour matching and blending.

I love to sew and I love books. I have been searching for years  to try to get either the book or at least a colour photo for her.  She has made four quilts for my son and two quilts for me.  Mine was her first and it is entirely hand quilted.  I treasure it.  It is the only patten she wishes she had.  Back in the day the only photocopy one could get was black and white.  Can anyone help?  The book is long out of print so I'm hoping that a book collector has it stashed away somewhere.  Finding it seems to me, to be the best way to thank her for all of her hard work.

Thank you for your patience.  Marg

Is this it http://www.frommarti.com/dpgrids.shtml.  There is a PDF file of the pattern. But no it's not in color. What is the name of the book your looking for?  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:07 PM

Hi Marg!  Welcome to the club!

I would think that if your mom purchased Elise Wilson's drunkards path acrylic templates, she could easily design her own Around the World in sunrise colors.  The drunkards path curved pieces are easier to sew than most people think.

Here is one Around the World design that could be re-colored to create the sunrise.  http://www.etsy.com/listing/79028164/vintage-amish-quilt-top-drunkards-path

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:10 PM

Oh, here is where you can get Wilson's templates in various sizes:  http://www.backporchdesign.com/templates.htm

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,237
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:37 PM

Leslie :
Kris, where are you lol

LOL Leslie. When you have it open click on "File" then choose "export" it there will be options to choose how you want to export it. You can create a PDF from the cutting instructions (or templates in this case).

Marg, if your mom has already made one of these quilts she could make another without the pattern. The Drunkard's Path block is simple to make. The "Around the World" is a layout based on the "Trip Around the World" pattern. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:50 PM

It sounds like a lovely quilt pattern and I have yet to do drunkards or anything with to many curves. I have done one from fons and porter which was just flowers.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:17 PM

I have templates for a DK from Elisa's Backporch...they come in a couple sizes. I have the 7" crazy

curves template.  He website show several different uses and designs.

www.backporchdesign.com  you could then arrange your colors and designs out

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use