Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle Posted: Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:44 PM

I haven't introduced myself yet, (I don't think??) to the Quilter's Club.  I am a 55 yo female, married with 3 grown children, 36,34 and 21 (still in college).  We live in Southern Texas (for over 25 years now, so think I am a true Texan), my husband and myself as the kids are all out on their own.  At least for the last few months, they are gone, no telling as children come back and forth! 

I started sewing when I was 10-11, clothes and crafts.  More clothes as the kids were born, then more clothes as they got older.  Started quilting as a new craft about 4 years ago when I semi-retired from full time nursing.  We travel in an RV-fifthwheel- to see the country, but still have roots (as house) in Texas.  My husband bought me a Long-Arm, Handquilter 18, this last year, as I finally decided this craft, I was going to keep doing.  I didnt' want to invest in anything that large if I wasn't going to keep it up.  We converted one bedroom into a sewing room, so the Long arm is there, all my sewing and crafting is in one walk in closet and he put cabinets on the wall over the sewing table.  Hehe...I told the kids, they can't come back now to live, no extra room!  I love the process of making a quilt. All the parts, planning, cutting, bringing together and then thinking of the pattern for the free motion quilting.  I havent' done any pantographs yet, but that is my next learning process.  Glad to see everyone here! I love this site. So many helpful and friendly people. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 3:50 PM

Hi Michelle. Welcome.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi, nice to meet you.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 4:06 PM

Welcome, Michelle. You will learn a lot here. We have a group, learning to FMQ from Barbara. You should take a look. There are lots of Retreats. Since you have an RV, it would be perfect for going sewing and making friends with many of our ladies. There are great tips, help when you need it, and, just plain old gabbing, which us women are so good at. Oh, and we have Joe, he is a mite chatty, too.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:57 PM

Hi Michelle, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome Michelle,

Can't wait to see some pictures of your quilts. You will love your time here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,129
Points 14,595
Dawn replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 6:05 PM

Hi!  Nice to meet ya!  We have fantastic people here!  Yes, please post pics!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:19 AM

Michelle,welcome to the club, happy to have you joining us .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use