Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:02 AM

Love the quilt.  As for teapots, I have a few.  My Grandparents did not like the same teas so each had a two cup little teapot, I have them now.   I much prefer brewed tea to tea bags, took me the longest time to get used to tea bags  I have trouble finding loose tea here.  I have two teapots of my own as well.  One big enough for company and one that is my little two cupper.   I am also a coffee drinker. Coffee in the morning to get going, tea in the afternoon and evening to keep going or just relax.  There is something calming about making brewed tea.

Granny M

Coffee 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:49 AM

Donna B:

Judy T-Bellingham:

Spudgrandma:
I have a couple of actual teapots, one that my mom and dad used every night. Its a shame people do not use teapots anymore

Isn't it the truth Spud.  Another one of those wonderful things that is fading into the past.  

Don't speak too fast here...I have 3 in the cupboard behind me and as a tea drinker I use them fairly regularly!

Francis, where are you???  The quilting tea drinkers need to stick together!!!

Donna, honey if you meant me its a myth all British drink tea i hate the stuff however i would give my last piece of fabric for a cup of coffee.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:53 AM

Sorry Judy,

forgot to say with all the banter its a lovely quilt, I cant wait to see what yours turns out like.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:07 AM

Agnes:
Let's banish the thought that teapots are no longer used. This little baby gets heated up with fresh tea two. three or even sometimes four times a day. I don't touch any other hot drinks but teas are an entirely different matter. I have close to 30 different teas, a variety of flavored regular and green teas but mostly herbals.

I have 3 tea pots.  One that holds just 2 cups, a modern glass one with tea ball that can be raised by a lever, and my old one given to me by my mother over 40 years ago.  I still have the remaining cup and saucer that was my mom got when stationed in England during WWII.  The teapot was broken.  Oh yeah.  I also have her silver tea set she also brought back from England.  I should get that out and use it more often. 

I have been a coffee lover, but my sister has reintroduced me to teas.  So many delightful wonderful teas.  My sister always brings some new teas with her when she visits.  I think I will go make myself a pot of Earl Grey now. 

You know, coffee never tastes as good as it smells.  But tea does.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:08 AM

Judy, that is a very lovely quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:53 AM

Original poster, that is a splendid quilt. Sorry to have participated or fostered thread-hijacking, but not very much, because tea is such a fascinating subject. Also it seems the bag v. pot subject still stirs interested

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Frances:
forgot to say with all the banter its a lovely quilt, I cant wait to see what yours turns out like.

Me too, Frances. So far it hasn't made it as far as my EQ7 drawing board, nor have I pulled fabrics for it. But, I want to! I'm trying to complete some projects but keep getting distracted with new and exciting new projects. I'm sure no one here can understand that! LOL

This afternoon, no, maybe this week, I WILL start a project file for a teapot table topper. Maybe I'll play with it while watching Downton Abby tonight.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 11:58 AM

Judy

I have been trying to think of something I could do with a teacup/pot quilt and never once thought about making it into a table topper.  Can we say "brain fart".....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,842
Points 123,720

Nana:

Judy

I have been trying to think of something I could do with a teacup/pot quilt and never once thought about making it into a table topper.  Can we say "brain fart".....ROFLOL

Sure you can say brain fart! George would look at me if I said that and go "Brain??? Hmmpf, not exactly!"  ROFLOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:14 AM

Well bah Hmmmmph to George.....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 12:40 PM

Donna, love your teapot cozy.  I also love a variety of tea.  When I do go to see my dear friends in Atlanta I love to go to Teavanna and pick up loose tea.  Very expensive but so very delicious.  I think tea tastes better in a china cup, one delicate and decorated with flowers, alas I've only mugs on hand.

Will have to shop around and find a couple of nice cup/saucers sets.  Years ago I had several that come from Avon, they were exquisite.

I also love Twinnings teas.  Ingles carries many of their flavors, in bags of course, after steeping the tea is great.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740

Joni:

Will have to shop around and find a couple of nice cup/saucers sets.  Years ago I had several that come from Avon, they were exquisite.

Try Stash.com.  They have a great variety of china just as you describe for tea - and other options.  I used to be far too addicted to this web site.  :)  

Raleigh, NC

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use