Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:29 AM

Just an if. This site's been problematic for a long time and losing paid members. Just 'cause it's large doesn't mean it can't go down.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:41 AM

I have to say i havent tried another on occasion ive looked but i love the people here, they are friendly and fun and have a great sense of humour, i love quilting but it is a hobby i dont want somewhere where its too serious i like to have fun and laugh.

By the way Kris, if QCA goes under we will just have to have one long email going round to everyone with everyones news on it, Geez thats going to be one hell of a long email.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:23 AM

It certainly would be Frances.

I hope QCA gets fixed and we won't have to worry about finding a new "home".

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:09 PM

Bonita:
I'm a big lurker over there, haven't posted since they changed everything around. Lost all the bookmarks I had saved. They say they are still there but I can't find them. I do like looking at the quilts that are posted and a lot of web sites for free patterns and tutes
  I'm also a "lurker" on there, I get the daily digest and can't seem to keep up with it, not as much fun to read as this one.  I like the Vintage Machines thread - learn a lot from it.  Guess I'm like Bonnie Hunter, keep acquiring these old machines!  Just recently got a white FW in excellent condition, already had two black ones, also got on Ebay and found one for a friend who doesn't do computers at all.  Also  I just discovered another forum, but haven't even been able to figure out how to get to where I can read or post to it, it's really hard to navigate (private, with no advs) may have to keep trying.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Carol:
I like the Vintage Machines thread - learn a lot from it.

I really like that one also Carol. I was  a member there before coming here, I don't have a problem getting around the site as I've been on BB sites before, but the members don't seem to interact as much at QB as they do here. There is some great info thought. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

I have been a member on the QB longer than here and loved it before they changed, that  is when I joined here.  They have alot of good information from quilters there and love to look at pictures and the tutorial page is great, although I do not fine the friendship on there like on QCA, but then again they don't have retreat like this one does.   So bottom line I like both...which means I spend too much time at the computer.

Janis

TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 11:58 PM

Like Carol and Janis, I am really enjoying the vintage machine pages (& pictures!), and the tutorial pages.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use