Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:44 PM

Since QCA bogs down so often, I've been exploring other quilting discussion options.  How many of you have looked at "Quilting Board?" (I see Spud is there)  Do you like how it's organized?  I've only been looking at it for a couple of days, but so far I'm impressed with the offerings and it seems like the discussions stay more on point with the general non-quilting chit-chat remaining confined to the "off topic" area. I haven't figured out the best way to navigate through all of it yet. Has anyone discovered any downsides to this site?  I don't know if the members come to know each other as well as we have here, and I don't know if any gatherings or retreats with members have happened.  

Here's a funny from that site.  A group of members decided to support one another in a moratorium on fabric shopping for the year.  One gal wrote:

~Originally posted by DogHouseMom

1) Just say no.
2) Say h-e-double-hockey-sticks NO
3) Reroute all of your driving routes so you don't pass a fabric store
4) Go play with your stash
5) Sort/cut your scraps
6) Make a scrappy quilt from your scraps
7) Say no again and go eat a pint of ice cream
8) Say NO louder and grab a bottle of wine
9) Make a spreadsheet of all your stash
10) Say NO really loud and grab a bottle of vodka
11) Shay no and por shom Bim Jeam
12) It's December .... GO SHOPPING!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

That is funny Nancy. 

Say Gini ---- how did you fare last year after your New Year's Resolution??????

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 2:12 PM

I believe Marge P and Agnes are on the Quilting Board also...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 2:34 PM

I was on it before I came here. Then I came here, and didn't go back. But wasn't on it long. And, of course, you are all so lovable, how could I leave, or cheat on you for that matter ; /

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

I just joined the Quilting Board.  I'm very confused about how you move around and keep tract if you have posted.  I've noticed a few I recognize from here.  It make sense to go over there occasionally, since this site seems to be slow.  I've found some of the postings there to be rather uppity, or sarcastic but those threads can just be ignored.

I just hope that the problems with this site are repaired, because I enjoy it more.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:15 PM

marge, it was two years ago and i wasn't perfect,   but i ended up with less fabric at the end of the year than i started with.   

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:31 PM

nancy,  i find it hard to navigate there.   probably because i am not used to it.  they also have a lot of written rules and warnings.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 29,655
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:42 PM

I was there once upon a time as we had been more or less rerouted there from Quilts Your Way which was going to shut down. There were some fun elements to it but generally I got frustrated when I had to sign in each time and as that  was when hubby was first diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer I didn't need a hobby to add frustration. Marge P suggested I check this forum out and I do not miss the Quilting Board at all. I found there were very serious quilters there, almost over achievers to my mind, whereas QCA members are generally more laid back in both life and quilting. I am a fairly precise quilter but I still want  it o be fun. The main reason for my quilting is as my sanity saver and a feeling of accomplishment but I have no desire to obsess so that I can enter the national competitions such as Houston.  If this board frustrates me I simply leave it and find something else to do meanwhile. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,728
Points 437,065
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:03 PM

Nancy

I love it but don't think I would make it past the first month...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,805
Points 67,575
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:34 PM

I'm a big lurker over there, haven't posted since they changed everything around. Lost all the bookmarks I had saved. They say they are still there but I can't find them. I do like looking at the quilts that are posted and a lot of web sites for free patterns and tutes. I've wasted more printer ink on printing out patterns that if I live to be a hundred and six I'll never do them all.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

HA! You sound like me Bonita.  I now have 5 ring binders full of sewing and quilting "Projects' plus many books.  I think I will have to quilt until I am 300 years old.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:45 PM

so, where do you lurk there, bonita, i have trouble getting around

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,805
Points 67,575
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:13 PM

gini:

so, where do you lurk there, bonita, i have trouble getting around

Gini, I get a daily Digest in an e-mail. Just click on and wait just like here sometimes other times comes up very quickly. The digest page is set up by subjects and that's where I spend most of my time. At the bottom of the page there's a link to just see pictures people have posted. If you have trouble getting around they have FAQ's to help you. It's not as easy to get around as QCA is  for me. I see Belfrey Bat on quite often.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,407
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:14 PM

I've looked at The Quilting Board on occasion but I think if QCA goes down I'm done with this sort of thing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,835
Points 40,060
ls2116 replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:29 PM

Why would QCA go down?  Its a large Company isn't it?

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use