quilting frames and sewing machines

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 295
Laura posted on Sat, Jan 12 2013 10:39 AM

Hello everyone. I am upgrading my EZ3 grace frame to a Grace Pinnacle KIng frame I have also purchased a Juki 2000Q so I can learn to long arm machine quilt.  Does anyone have pros or cons to either of these items?

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,598

I am sure someone out here might be able to help you out Laura.  I am not fortunate enough to be able to afford a long arm nor do i have the room for one.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 10:49 AM

I have the Grace King with the Juki 2000 I really like it. My only complaint is the amount of space you have to quilt. I suggest that you mark the end of your machines reach with pins so you know where it is otherwise, if you are like me, you will end up hitting the end of your area all of the sudden and have an out of place flat line. I got the stitch regulator, also and I really recommend it if you can afford it. It really makes it easier to do.

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 295
Laura replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 7:47 AM

Thanks kelli  That is very useful information.  I am sure I am going to go through quite a bit for fabric and batting while learning to use them both.

Top 200 Contributor
364 Posts
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:42 AM

Let me know what you think when you get it set up. One thing I do for practice is my guild makes baby blankets for charity and I practice quilting on some of them. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 1,585
Jesse replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:00 AM

I have been looking at the Grace Z44 frames. I am a hand quilter and am hoping these are the best! I have read a lot about them and it seems that people like them. Did you like your EZ3?

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 295
Laura replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:24 AM

Jesse .I am happy with my ez3. It is not the sturdiest but does the job well . I have a baby quilt on it now and a queen preciously and no problems. I really like that I can almost lay it flat and slide it under the bed or stand it up behind the couch. With the Adjustable height and angle makes it easy to put where it is comfortable.

Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 1,585
Jesse replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:50 AM

Great, Thank you for your feedback. ez3 only goes up to queen correct? or is there an extention for it?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 295
Laura replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:59 AM

Ya only a queen unfortunatly.  I was so excited to get my first modern frame I neglected to read all the information and consider what I was asking my husband for.  I really need one that will accomodate a king.  I did buy some extension rails but I will have to have my daughter make some extension pieces out of wood for the center part.  Just the same now that I am getting the larger frame I will just keep my ez3 and use it for smaller projects so I can have two going at once.  One for my handquilting moments and one for the macnine moments. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Laura, it is nice to meet you. I have a Proflex Superquilter and I did have a Brother 1500S (which is a lot like your Juki) and I really enjoyed learning on it. But you are correct, you end up not having much quilting space, sometimes when I would get to the end of a quilt I would only have 4" or less. I'm still using the same frame but I bought a Nolting FQ a couple of years ago. My frame can be extended to do a King but I don't really have room to set it up for that. Mine is set up at 10'. Good luck and have fun!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi  Jesse, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
47 Posts
Points 1,585
Jesse replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:45 AM

Hi!   It's nice to meet you too! :)

Not Ranked
Female
59 Posts
Points 590
Me either, and your are right they are many on the sight that could help her:). Sad for me either who does not have a long arm, maybe a sore arm from time to time:)

Blessings,

Pat F, Jamestown, NY

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use