Top 10 Posters

EQ7 Help with making a quilt with multiple log cabin blocks that are different colors

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 620
Dorothy posted on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:30 PM

I found instructions for a quilt in an old magazine called Sweet Harmony.  It's a picture quilt that has 399 blocks.  320 of them are courthouse steps and the others are a log cabin blocks.

I thought that recreating the pattern in EQ7 would make it easier to work with, but the program will not let me save different colors of the same block.

Am I missing something with this program?  I would hate to have to color each one of the blocks one by one.  There has to be an easier way.

Ideas?

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
721 Posts
Points 14,105

I just checked my EQ7 and it says you can save several colorings of the same block. I went to the Help section and did a search for "saving block."  In the list of results is "Saving a Coloring." 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
721 Posts
Points 14,105

Update....  I just tried saving more than one coloring.  What happens, when you go to the sketchbook, click on your block to select it. At the bottom of the sketchbook window it will say "coloring 1 of 3" or whatever coloring is displayed. At the top right corner of the sketchbook window is a little arrow, right  below the red X, for another menu. Click on that arrow and the first thing in the menu is "Select Coloring." When you click on Select Coloring, it displays each coloring of your block for you to choose which one you want.

Hope that helps!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 620

OMG I'm such an idiot!  I didn't even see that the block was 1 of  whatever at the bottom of the screen.  I'm so glad you read my post.  This would have driven me crazy for hours.  Bless you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,948 Posts
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 5:34 PM

I'll add to that.

You don't have to be in the sketchbook. When working on a quilt you can select the colouring from the "Set block" tool. Just right click on the block then choose "select colouring". Any time you save the quilt with a different colour of the block this will update.

Not Ranked
Female
10 Posts
Points 620

Thanks Kris.   All help is appreciated.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Dorothy, it is nice to meet you.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use