Digital Magazine Problems

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 115
dotb Posted: Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:09 PM

I know I am not alone with the problems related to viewing the digital issues of magazines. However, I need to vent my frustration and perhaps add another unhappy subscriber to this list.

As others have experienced,  progress goes well until around pages 70 or so, depending on the magazine. Then my computer locks up and the only way I can do anything is to manually shut my computer off and start over--VERY FRUSTRATING!  I can hardly consider "access to magazines" a feature of my membership when I cannot see the entire magazine. It has become so frustrating that I don't even try anymore. (This acts like a memory issue with my computer, but I have plenty of memory needed to do everything else on and off your site.)

I have seen your posts that advise the problems are being worked on. But I also read more posts of members who are as frustrated as I am, going back for a very long period of time. Please don't let these few "bugs" spoil the reputation of an otherwise great website. The magazine access is only one of the many desirable features you offer with your membership. If your programmers have been working on this problem for this length of time with no solutions, please find someone who can solve these problems once and for all. When these problems are solved, you will have many more satisfied customers spreading the word of how much they enjoy their membership.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:42 PM

I can get through the entire magazine on my computer.  Do you need a certain amount of memory or something for it to work? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:14 PM

Miine locks up too.  But it is not a QCA problem.  It's my computer.  I have plenty of memory, but it badly needs updating. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,015
QCA Admin replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:49 AM

Hello All,

I have been able to read through the entire digital issue. After pulling up the digital issue, I typed in the page number I wanted to read at the top of the page and the page opened immediately. This is not a QCA website issue, as the link takes you from QCA to the digital issue that is housed outside of QCA website. Thank you for your messages, please let me know if you continue to have digital issue problems.

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 60

Hello. 

Customer Service answers questions like this all of the time.  This is not a problem that we are experiencing within the technical walls of the club.  This is within your own computer.  A great fix for this is that you need to clean your cookies & cache out of your computer.  This is temporary memory that builds up & effects websites such as ours. 

You go into the internet options area & it is listed as browsing history.  This is where you find the option to delete the cookies/cache.  Now be sure that you don't wipe out any passwords that you have saved, just the cookies/cache.  If you are having trouble finding this, then have someone who knows computers or messes with them a lot to help you find it to clean it out. This should clean up your computer & you will notice not just on our website, but your overall computer usage will be faster & more enjoyable.

Happy Quilting!!

QCA Tiffiny

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use