Top 10 Posters

My membership debited 3 TIMES to my Visa A/c!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 175
11happycrafter Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:13 AM

I joined online a few days ago for a digital subscription.However, I kept getting an automated message saying my payment was not accepted and my account wouldn't be debited. I tried three times with the same result. In turn I got 3 emails from QCA membership centre advising I would not be debited. Today I look at mt bank account online only to find my account has been debited three times.      After using my Visa card I thought I would use my MasterCard. I used that three times, was refused three times, and got 3 emails again from the membership centre. I'm waiting for those debits to appear on that account!!  And at the end of all of that, I still don't know if I am a member or not.   FIASCO!!!

11Happycrafter 🍀

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,765
Diana replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:13 AM

Just another reason why a lot of us are not renewing our paid subscriptions.  Being retired, that could be my grocery budget for a month.  When they finally get it right, I may reconsider a paid subscription, but until then, I will buy the Easy Quilts one at a time at the store and just pay once. I hope they get it all straightened out for you and get your money back to you ASAP.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:53 AM

HAPPY CRAFTER, I would call The QCA and let them know what happen ,I 'm sure they will be happy to fix this for you .  Don't give up because of a glich. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:00 AM

HappyCrafter

Be sure to call the 800# and have them remove those charges, ...oops I mean call your credit card company.  You can also call QCA 800# and they can credit your account for the overcharges.  They in the past have been very good about that.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:53 AM

Other then the discount cards, QNNTV and paid subscripion to Easy Quitls, there are no benefits to this. I optied out of my paid subscription from Oct. and, yesterday, got a full refund. I can still use all the groups.. I couldn't use the discount cards, cause I didn't revceive them, and didn't even live close enough to a Joann's to use them. If everyone who could opted out of a paid membership, things would HAVE to change for the better. Like Diana said, I can buy the magazine or get a subscription outside this group, if I want it.  $29.95 is money I could use to buy two  and one half yards of fabric!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 85
Smooth replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 9:55 AM

Oh not good I got the same error 3 times yesterday when I joined I need to go check that out right now. Thanks for the heads up!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Happycrafter it is nice to meet you.

As the others have advised, I would call customer service, I'm sure they will be able to clear this up!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,570
Points 30,589
Kelley replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:04 AM

Iam soooo sorry some people have had many issue with this site.. I love this site and all its perks... I sure hope customer service helps all that is having problems.. I would hate to lose such greaat people on here.. Ill miss you all if you go...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Smooth, it is nice to meet you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 10:34 AM

hello smooth and happy crafter, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,719
Points 121,420

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Other then the discount cards, QNNTV and paid subscripion to Easy Quitls, there are no benefits to this. I optied out of my paid subscription from Oct. and, yesterday, got a full refund. I can still use all the groups..

I do understand Sukochi being frustrated.  I have to admit it's awkward going through the steps to get that card from Joann's. But once I got it, they send it faithfully every year. The discount card to Joann's alone more than pays for my premium membership. I've been having such good luck lately with this site and was surprised to hear that others are still having problems. Now watch, I probably won't be able to post this!  LOL

I'm about to renew my membership, then heard Gini was charged three times. Ugh. Even though it will be taken care of, that is such a paint in the butt. I think I'll call them to renew instead. I do use QNNtv, Easy Quilts and have often taken advantage of the discounts and free shipping at online quilt shops so the membership fee has great value to me.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,510

Kelley -- you don't have to be a paid member to use this site.  I'm not a paid member and have access to all areas of this site.  So just because a person chooses not to renew or cancel their paid membership does not mean you'll lose anyone who is currently posting. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,719
Points 121,420

11happycrafter:
After using my Visa card I thought I would use my MasterCard. I used that three times, was refused three times, and got 3 emails again from the membership centre. I'm waiting for those debits to appear on that account!!  And at the end of all of that, I still don't know if I am a member or not.   FIASCO!!!

Wow, happycrafter, if I'd had that kind of experience I don't know that I'd want to join either. But, from someone who's been here since 2009 it IS worth it. Even if you don't take out the premium membership you can still be a full part of QCA groups, forums and sharing. So, stick with us even if you don't take out the premium membership. We are a fun group. I've learned so much from the talented and generous people you see posting on QCA. I've made projects I would never have even attempted on my own (or even thought of in the first place).

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy T-Bellingham:
that is such a paint in the butt

And what color would that be Judy...  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Judy T-Bellingham:
that is such a paint in the butt

And what color would that be Judy?  

Sorry if this ends up be a double post, don't know what happened to the other one I posted. ????

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use