Page 12 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 189 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,261
Points 28,525
Agnes replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:07 PM

Jacy--Cute monkey. I caught my monkey Just one pull away from being on the fridge. He was on the same mission as your, Donna..

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:15 PM

Watch out for the trees.  Tell your monkey to be careful which I'm sure you did.  I'm in awe of your pantry do you coupon?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:28 PM

Is

I feel sure she coupons.  She has 8 children.....I would have to do more than coupon.LOL.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 1:55 AM

I enjoyed reading all your comments about my monkey! Believe it or not, he was climbing to retrieve a box of bow tie noodles because he wasn't impressed that I was making mac and cheese with regular elbow macaroni noodles. At my house goodies are usually well hidden, like in a canister labeled "dried beans" or some such boring thing. A mother of 8 (yes, Nana was correct) has to continually be creative! And no, I don't coupon very often, it's quite time consuming, mostly I stock up on good sales and buy in bulk, and cook alot of things from scratch. No matter how much food is in that pantry it seems to get depleted way to fast, I bet CC knows all about that too!

Sukochi, do I live in a Zoo? Most days it sure feels like it!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:30 AM

Morn' Glories. This is going to be a great day. Starting out fridgid outside. Had to, about, push the kitties out. They did their busniess and came right back in.

Going to church tomorrow. Been away too long. Miss our Praise Band that just makes us feel Him in the house. Miss all my sisters in Christ. Love those ladies. Can't wait for tomorrow. Jim has to stay home.

Went to his post op yesterday. Doing great. But, optom agreed that he should wait a month before undergoing the next one. She sai any problems. will show up during that time. Best to wait in case something does. The surgoen is chomping at the bit for him to schedule next week.  Guess they want all the bucks NOW. Costing $400.00 for each surgery.  He can't believe how well he can see. Last night, we were reading in bed. He said look at the ceiling fan. without glasses I can see the dust. Wonderful!  Thanks for pointing that out! There's lots to see in there (ME?) besides a dirty ceiling fan. : {

Didn't get   in the sewing room yesterday. So, today will be that much busier. Yesterday, after his checkup, went to Walmart. Found this pair of "skinny" jeans.  I never try on clothes in Walmart. I bring them home. Too lazy. So, they are skinny. Straight leg. And, they fit...not tight!. They are a deep rose, with heavy wash on the front legs. So, they look kinda faded along the thights. How cool. I will get a lot of oh's and ah's tomorrow at church. Yes, we wear jeans to church, T-shirts. Even the ladies in their 80's-90's don't wear dresses. Casual.. Ron says God doesn't have a dress code at His house, just an invitation.

Gotta get busy. Lots to do. Have a very warm, quilty day. (((HUGS)))

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:38 AM

Jacy, coming from a family of 8 kids,  i understand, my mom made everything from scratch, raised ahuge garden every year, m y brothers were always rabbit or squirrel hunting, my mom also raised tame rabbits for meat.   it was a wonderful time growing up always had someone to play or fight with lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:00 AM

Jacy:
No matter how much food is in that pantry it seems to get depleted way to fast, I bet CC knows all about that too!

LOL. I only have half the problem you do. I'm in awe of your pantry too. So neat and tidy...and well stocked! Can I have it? Pretty please?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:29 AM

Looks like we might get some fresh snow today. At least the wind finally quit blowing. Dh said that while we were in town yesterday there were gusts hitting 90-100mph here. Gee. I'm sorry I missed that... In town they were a puny 35-40mph. 

DD made me laugh yesterday. Our first stop HAD to be JoAnn's to get fleece for doggie beds. She's promised my brother that 'we' (meaning "Mom") would make crate liners for his favorite pet rescue charity. She found a great colorful medalian floral that she just had to get a few yards of while we were at it, and a couple of batiks to co-ordinate. (News for her. Mom paid for it, mom gets to use it! Bwhahahah) We giggled over all of the wild funky fabrics they have out for making formals this season. Some of them are really tacky. 

Then it was off to the art museum to spend some time getting inspired, and check out the works of her former teacher that were going up for auction last night. I came away discouraged by the lack of real quality work on display. Aside from her teacher and one other gentleman, most of the stuff they had up  looked like it came out o a high school art class filled with un-inspired students and a lack-luster teacher. That was disappointing since it was actually created by some of our areas 'finest' artists. I expected better....  But, DD now feels a greater confidence in her own skills, so it's not all bad! LOL

We stopped at the goodwill and poked around for a bit. I found a few useable kitchen tools to repurpose in my bead making. (funny how old junk takes on a whole new value when you find a good use for it!) While i was looking for a cheese knife, I sent her off to find a basket to coral all of the TV remotes and Wii controlers that always seem to be underfoot. She came back with  ... a very tarnished silver fruit/bread basket !?... That cracked me up.  It's one of those things people give at weddings when they want to gift something really nice but don't know the happy couple all that well.  ... So, now we have one very posh remote holder. LOL DH is teasing me that I shoulda taken it over to the coin shop and sold it  to pay for the gas for our trip to town. I paid $2 for it, so I certainly would have made a profit with it. But I think it's valuable just for the fun it brought to us...and someday I think DD will treasure it for that too.  I'm not looking forward to keeping it shined up, but  what the heck. It makes her happy, and the boys think it's awsome...so maybe they'll remember to put their gadgets back in it when they are done with TV time. At least for a while...

Now I need to go bring in the surger so I can get started on crate liners. Whee-ee....

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 10:57 AM

CC, sounds like a wonderful day.   Sukochi, you sound great as well. 

Me, it's Saturday!  and if that was not enough to rejoice about, its the evening sew-in at LQS.  Trying to figure out what I can do.  My newer Pfaff is too heavy to lift yet after my cataract surgery.  Maybe the old one is light enough.  Either that or it will be hand sewing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Well, I've been sick for a couple of days. I have a cold and my throat feels like I swallowed razor blades. I have severe COPD and it really scares me when I get a cold, as it always goes to my lungs. One years I was in the hospital 5 time with pneumonia. I have to be very careful. I haven't even been able to sew for a few days. At least it's a little warmer today. It's 37 instead of 27. I guess this is going around everywhere in every town. I feel a little better today. 

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

I loved your picture of your monkey. I had two of those and they were very quite so I never knew what they were up to. I felt like I had to follow them everywhere. Enjoy yor time with them though, as it goes so fast.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:49 AM

chocake2:
a very tarnished silver fruit/bread basket

I have a great recipe for silverware CC.

1 teasp. salt

1teasp baking soda 

4 - 5 inch square of aluminum foil crumbled and then flattened.

1 cup boiling water

Lay foil in pan, add above solution, add siverware

When done wash silverware in soapy water and dry

It's magic but it really works!  You'll see. 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:51 AM

Melissa, glad you're feeling better, take care.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:55 AM

Sukochi, glad your DH 's surgery was a success.  No rush to do the other eye, let this one heal.  Tell hubby that wasn't dust, the surgery must've failed.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 11:57 AM

Jacy, I agree, cute monkey!

Millbury, MA

Page 12 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use