Top 10 Posters

Miscellaneous

Page 9 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 189 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:12 AM

Just heard on the news that there is 6 more weeks of flu. How do they know that?? Also, that there are two strains of flu now going on. Geez, give us a break already.

Started this day out feeling better for the first  time in a week. Better disposition, too. THEN, I was reading an email from DIL and went to set my coffee cup on the table next to my chair, Well, I missed the table.  Good, coffee went everywhere. Mostly on the floor. But that was a major waste of coffee. This day is good, though.

Has now literally pour down rain for 12 hours. Hard rain.  Has, finally, let up. Last time we had rain like this, our town flood. It was awful. Hope it isn't flooded now.

Need to get back in sewing room and finish borders on that little quilt. If I had depth perception, quilting would be so much quicker and easier. Cut is fabric a long time ago, but, didn't get to it for a long time after that. Only recently hit me that this is directional fabric. Have to recut largest border fabric but didn't have any more fabric. Well, found some online. YEA! Will get this done after that fabric gets here. Have found out that birthday is on March 12. So, gives me some more time. Hope Judy will still let me in between others. 

I hope all have a great, flu free day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:19 AM

Oh, Nan and Maddie are back. Plane landed at 7 a.m. in Atlanta. They are probably NOT having fun driving through rush hour traffic down there.  I bet Maddie slept all the way. I guess she ran full till for the while two weeks.

Welcome home, girls.

Nan sent me two pictures of a quilt shop in the MALL!!  There was a large quilt in one. Oh my, beautiful. They do. mostly, applique quilts over there. Large applique. And, what an upscale shop. Beautiful 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 5:45 PM

We had rain Thursday and Friday. Then snow Friday night and Saturday, yesterday and today...brrrr....cold, very cold.  It's supposed to stay like that for the week.

oh we'll, I need to go make supper even though I don't feel lie it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:21 PM

Nan and Maddie are not home. They don't leave Honalulu till 5:30 this evening.

Felt SO great this morning. Oh yes, it is over. Then,  just after noon, sick again!  This better be lots better by Thurs, a.m. early. I have to take Jim for his catatract surgery at 7 a.m. and it is on the other siude of the world from us. His appt. is for 9 a.m.

Didn't sew this afternoon. Everything I touched turned out wrong so, I stopped before I did any real damage.

Hope all is well with all of you. (((Hugs)))

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 7:26 AM

Sukochi, I hope and pray all goes well with Jim's surgery. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 8:45 AM

Thank, Angele. Prayers never hurt. This is a straight forward surgery. Not to worry. I worked for a Ophthalmologist  in 1980 and observed one of his Cataract Surgerys. BIll was talking to our patient all through the surgery. I got queasy and had to stand against the wall, though. It was just being in the OR that made me fainty, I guess. Jim's LDM had it, several years ago, and, it went well. Easy Peasy. So, we are just looking for a trip over and back. Know the surgery will go as planned. Even though the paperwork is enough to scare you to death!

Please continue to pray for Jim DB. He is progressing with the recovery of this strange disease, but very slowly. He feels weak and exhausted. Tried to go to work ,and only lasted a brief time before DSIL had to go back and get him. He stared PT at home yesterday. Not report yet.

Listening to scanner. Acciden with  unknown injuries, possible entrapment Vehicle about 10 feet down an embankemnt. Cover Road is shut down. A hydrant is involved and is gushing water. This is in the next County. Oh, negative entrapment.  No injuries. So, not as big a deal as was first indicated, but I wouldn't have wanted to be that driver, either. Too fast for conditions. That is a terrible road and people think they can just put the pedal to the metal. . See, how interesting this is to listen to? I am listening as we have a flood waning and it continues to rain heavely. OUr town floods with too much rain. So far, so good.

Had to stop sewing yesterday. Tried to attach a border strip, three times, Kept missing the seam allowance. So just stopped. Will try again today. Hope it goes better. Got two post cards out yeaterday. Found the best fabric for my quiltie swap. All in my new fabric. So, Jim, take that. I got the point across that adding to my stash just makes sense.

Everyone with snow, I am jealous. Bu,t hope you don't have so much you lose power!

Better get in the shower and back to sewing. Have a blessed day.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:18 AM

Here is what i recieved from DxH for Christmas,  I have never heard of this machine the only info i can find is it is a #5 series from 1897,  it works great just need to clean it some and oil it

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 155
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:25 AM

Thats a new one for me. Sorry I can't help with info but thanks for posting Pics.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

How wonderful! Color me green with envy!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:51 AM

Ditto what Mary said. WOW!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 10:58 AM

Leslie

I have never heard of that one either.  Gorgeous cabinet that looks to be in fantastic condition.  Love the embellishments on the machine. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Leslie, that is a wonderful machine and the cabinet is beautiful. Here is some info I found through Google:

The St. John Sewing Machine Company, which was the predecessor of the Free S.M.Co., was founded in 1870. In 1883, it was renamed the Royal Sewing Machine Company. After the company relocated to Rockford, Illinois, it was renamed once again in 1897 as The Free Sewing Machine Company after company president William C. Free.

Most machines made by the Free company were sold by mail-order companies and department stores. For instance, machines that are marked "Illinois Sewing Machine Co." were actually made by Free.

In the mid-1920s, Free became associated with Westinghouse which became the sold supplier of motors and electric equipment for Free brand sewing machines. As such, the earlier electrically driven Free sewing machines are labeled Free-Westinghouse.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 11:34 AM

Thanks Judy,  I did find a pic of it online,  mine is missing 2 of the drawers shouild be 3 on each side.  But i couldnt believe it when i found all of the feet in a drawer in the original case.  I was able to print out a manual for it.  I can't remember what web site i was on, but it was on historical machines, had alot of great info.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:23 PM

Beautiful machine and cabinet , Leslie.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 15 2013 1:28 PM

WOW! Beautiful gift, Leslie. I've seen one other Free Machine. My friend bought it for $25 and repaired the cabinet for his Mom about 15 years ago. His wasn't nearly as nice as yours. I helped him get a belt for it but never did find a manual for him.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 9 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use