Top 10 Posters

Miscellaneous

Page 4 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 189 Replies | 21 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:02 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Romona, this is quite beautiful.

Sorry, Robyn. I mis-spoke. You are the one who gets the happy dances today for this beautiful quilt.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Is this a secret new "what are you up to" thread that you guys were trying to hide from me by titling it "Miscellaneous"???

Well, I found it and I'm on to you now!  Muah ha ha ha...  ;)

Srsly though... someone with the ability (admin, I presume) should freeze the old post and consider re-naming this one.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:06 PM

Gini, my grandfather died in the 1917 epidemic and left my grandmother with 7 children and one on the way.  Sad, I never got to know him.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:12 PM

My internet, TV and phone were down for 24 hours.  Verizon came and fixed it all in 20 minutes today.  I read and went to bed at 9, early for me.  I've been in front of this computer trying to catch up for hours.  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:50 PM

Carolyn :

Is this a secret new "what are you up to" thread that you guys were trying to hide from me by titling it "Miscellaneous"???

Well, I found it and I'm on to you now!  Muah ha ha ha...  ;)

It just took me 2 minutes NOT to get on what are you doing today, so I gave up and came here.  

After a day 1/2 of doing other obligatory tasks, I decided this afternoon that this is my time to do what ever I want.  So I am starting a baby quilt for a co-worker.  Something new.  But how long can a baby blanket take, right?  Well, I should make it something simple, but oh no, I found a paper pieced butterfly I really like.  And my co-worker has a butterfly theme in the baby's room.  But I am shrinking my batting for the UFO I am supposed to be working on, so I am making movement that direction. 

Well, off to pick out my fabrics from my stash.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:57 PM

Robyn, I love your quilt! It looks great! Hmmmm, your house, is it renovations or a brand new house you are building? Will you have a sewing room in there?  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,803
Points 352,157
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:05 AM

MelodyP MO/KS:
Last year i took the flu shot. I did get sick. Was it because of the shot? Was it the flu? Who knows.

There is no live virus in the vaccine. Flu shots do not make you sick.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:52 AM

Marie I found I never catch up I just read forward glad you got service' back.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:50 AM

I think that flu outbreak in the early 1900,was the Spanish Flu . .I 'm pretty sure you can get flu shots  up till about March . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:24 AM

Sukochi -

actually here in OK they are still saying time to get the flu shot - and my work pays for ours and a new email just came out today that if you didn't get one before you could still have it paid for.  I always get mine in Oct at our Staff Development Day, it's free and they have started doing wellness screenings and we got $25 gift card if we did so.  can't be that?

OK had deaths from the flu just quadrulped this week. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:16 AM

Me too I have a hard time keeping up if I don't check every day.

well our hot water tank just up and died...! It had a warning hiccup but no real sickness... So today it's time to go and shop for a new one.  This one did well about thirty years dealing with hard water, until we installed a softener about twenty years ago.  That and the pressure tank is showing sings of age.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,108
Points 410,894
gini replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:09 PM

the kids got the nasal spray flu shots this year and were pretty pleased with themselves for not getting a shot.  then they learned that they couldn't go near their nana for several days and debated the issue for several blocks in the back seat.  they decided  the shots would have been better. .  is that because it carries live parts of the virus?

and you should have seen the looks on their faces.   the weekend was coming up and they trade days on weekends, who gets nana.   

they were debating one day about who was the luckiest, and it was getting heated as discussions do between siblings. i stopped them in their tracks and said, i'm way luckier than both of you put together.

they gave me a very skeptical look and go, oh, yeah, no way.  i said, who's my mom?   they paused for about  3 seconds as they worked out that nana was my mom, then both of them totally deflated and said in tiny voices, you win. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:32 PM

Gini, the flu shot now are not live virus.

Kids say the darndest things.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:12 PM

Hmmm. Hadnt thought about the nasal spray. Maybe I'll try that next season (little late this year I think) I know they say over and over again that you absolutely can not get sick from the vaccine, but every time I get the shot, i end up flat on my back with a fever for 2-3 days. When they say "You can't..." I answer  "I DO!" ...most definately, get ill. Added to that is the swelling and pain in my arm for a week or more afterwards ...so I do not get the shot. This is the first time in 5-6 years that I've gotten the flu, and it's not for lack of exposure - I guess I just have a good immune system. Having said that, IF you haven't gotten vacinated yet, PLEASE do it ASAP! This germ is a doozy. You don't wanna tangle with it.

I'm feeling better  now, but I suspect that by nightfall I'll have another relapse. That's how it's been going ...a few hours in the afternoon where I think I have it licked, and then back to square one with the fever and chills by mealtime.  While i have a little play in me, I put on a big pot of beef veggie soup for supper (with DS1's expert help). It should be enough to hold the crew for a day or two.  I haven't gotten the housework done all week and oh my! does it need doing. Doofus Dog has been staying inside, close to the fire, and she's sheds! OMG She sheds! The carpets are white... not at all the natural color!!  and Sprout is covered in doggy hair where he crawls around in it. It's enough to give me the heebies.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:20 PM

chocake2:
I know they say over and over again that you absolutely can not get sick from the vaccine, but every time I get the shot, i end up flat on my back with a fever for 2-3 days. When they say "You can't..." I answer  "I DO!" ...most definately, get ill. Added to that is the swelling and pain in my arm for a week or more afterwards ...so I do not get the shot

Sounds like you may have an allergy to something that is in the shot.  Eggs have something to do with have the vaccine is produced.  I know we have to ask the patients about allergies to eggs before giving it to them.  Who knows what else is in it.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 4 of 13 (190 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use