Posts 784
Points 12,625

Okay!  It worked.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:49 PM

Yup, it worked...   I've just gotten into my robe and got comfy.  Rainy, grey and absolutely miserable.  Arthritis is really cranky.  I wanted to go downstairs to my studio, but don't feel like moving.  I've done a little hand stitching on a binding while my cleaning lady was here.  Even cats are leaving me alone.  Maybe they feel the same.  We are starting a block of the month at our quilt guild.  Hope to pick out fabric and start cutting after ibuprofen takes effect.  Have a great day everyone.

I love to see the snow scenes because it reminds me of why I left upstate NY.  Don't miss the snow at all.  At least here in East Tn., our normal winters are maybe a total of 5" of snow for the whole season.  1/2 inch here and 1 inch there.  I can handle that.

Diana in East Tn.   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Donna B, I had to look a couple of times to find DH in your photo! Great pictures, I'm just glad I don't have that snow. It is 53F. here in Kansas today. Saturday is supposed to be 62 degrees. Then it turns ugly on Saturday. That is our Kansas weather. Up and down.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

Elaine Phillips:
Saturday is supposed to be 62 degrees.

I mean, Friday it is supposed to be 62.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:14 PM

So, had to go into the million dollar LQS, again, today. I lost some cut fabric. I have no idea where it went. I sat down to sew and lo and behold, it was gone. Had to have that very fabric. Or take apart what I had done and start over with different. So, I had gotten the fabric at my LQS. I hoped she still had it. It was 8.99 when I orginally got it. Well, she had it, and it was $10.99!!  And, I found the  fabric I wanted to use for the backing. $10.99 a yard. So, for three and 7/8 yards I paid just over $41.00. When I went to the car with my golden bag of fabric, Jim went ballistic. No more fabric purchases THIS YEAR. Ha, like that will happen. He said that last week, then told me I could buy that 9 yards on sale. He is all bark!.

Went to Walmart and got some supplies for post card making. He didn't say a word about that. Thank you, God!

Better get dinner on the table.

Oh, got a beautiful post card today, from Hawaii. From Nan and Maddie.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:29 PM

Last week I visited the local WalMart...the fabric was awful, absolutely ugly fabrics and the hand was coarse and nasty.  Nothing I would purchase or even dream of using on one of my quilts.

My 2 LQS fabrics run an average of $10-$12 a yard.   At this time I'm not purchasing any fabric,  I have so much in excess I need to use what I have.   Sukochi, everything is expensive, getting higher every month and I see nothing going down.  So long as we are willing to pay the price they are going to sock it to us...food, gas, is there no end?

I'm praying that somehow I can put in a garden this spring and do some major freezing/canning.   I would like to try to make one of those winter canopies to grow some veggies in the winter on the south side of my home.  I love root veggies and love to roast them, so tasty and nutritious, I don't even care to have meat with them.

Hopefully by summer I will be down to 2 horses and 3 dogs no cats or birds.

Later...

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 455
Robyn replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:33 PM

I finished putting this top together.  It's a kit called "Harvest" that my mom got me for Christmas.  My goal is have this completely finished by Thanksgiving this year.  The even bigger goal is to have my HOUSE finished by then as well so I can display my quilt in my house and have my family down for Thanksgiving dinner.  I usually host Thanksgiving, but have been unable to for the last two Thanksgivings since we've been moving painfully slowly on my addition.

- Robyn

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:34 PM

Lovely quilt...love the colors!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:53 PM

Thanks for starting # 7 quiltless.  Admin has the ability to lock the other as far as new entries, but I think folks will pick up on this.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Quiltless:

The # 6 is over 5,000 posts long and sometimes loading is slow.  Just experimenting here to see if I can start a # 7. 

Only problem is when we start this as opposed to admin doing it, #6 is still "live".  I just found that out when I replied to a post of Spud's .  When admin does it, they "lock' the old one so it is read only.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

I spent the morning rearranging the spare bedroom.  Now I can see to type on the computer but I doubt it will improve my spelling.  :o)  I had one box that things just have been getting dumped in.  Trying to go through that so I can get rid of most of it when we make our run to the trash / recycling center tomorrow afternoon. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

I have spent some time trying to find those wonderful zipper bags I received from Eleanor Burns when I bought fabric from her. I can't find them on her site and a google search doesn't come up with anything.

I just KNOW I saw them for sale online. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find them?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Are they plastic Judy????  I know our shop sews some zippered project bags in a couple of sizes. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Are they plastic Judy????  I know our shop sews some zippered project bags in a couple of sizes. 

Yes, they are plastic, fairly heavy duty. Here's a photo (already loaded with Going To Branson projects). I need at least a couple more bags. They are about 12x13

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 13 (190 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use