Top 10 Posters

Mom's Gammill is being delivered today!!!!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr Posted: Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:43 AM

My mom's Gammill Statler Stitcher Optimum is being delivered today! I can't wait to start quilting. We had a lesson on Sunday and I am ready to get going. Of course now i have more ambition to finish all those projects! Will post pictures soon!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:47 AM

how exciting!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

How exciting Kim. Have fun and be sure to share some pics...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740

For everyone else wondering what kind of machine this is, I went to their website:

The Statler Stitcher® utilizes computer software and hardware to operate a longarm quilting machine capable of stitching almost any design. A Gammill® machine equipped with Statler Stitcher® can handle an intricately patterned king-size quilt in a matter of hours instead of days, and is guided by the computer instead of by hand. The system can determine the pattern size, block size, stitches per inch, repetitions of the pattern and the offset of the pattern.

I'm completely clueless about longarm quilting, but that sounds awesome... An intricately patterned king size quilt quilted in hours..  wow!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Carolyn :
I'm completely clueless about longarm quilting, but that sounds awesome... An intricately patterned king size quilt quilted in hours..  wow!

Wow indeed, but the part that takes me the longest is changing the bobbins and then checking to make sure it is all working properly and I wonder how that works with one of these? I saw one in a quilt shop once, it was not running but looked very interesting and complicated.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 817
Points 15,530

Congratulations, Kim and Kim's Mom!  You will love it! I got my Optimum and Statler about a year and 1/2 ago and have learned so much with it. The store where I bought it sponsors Statler classes for 3 days once a year where they have wonderful instructors and lots of great quilters to meet. If your seller does that, be sure to go. Also, did you know that Gammill now has forums on their site? One of the forums is devoted to Statler questions and their support staff, along with other Statler users, quickly answer any questions you have. The part I find the hardest is deciding which patterns I want to quilt on my creations. One suggestion: make sure your Statler patterns are on your home computer so you can design your quilts using Stand Alone Mode in Creative Studio. Also, there is a software program you can download on your home computer---NOT your Statler computer-- called Pattern Viewer and Manager that you can purchase online at DigitalQuilting.com. It gives you a view of each of the patterns on your computer. Good luck and have fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Sweet Kim!!!!   Sounds like she lives close by so you can wander over whenever you need to quilt. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:25 PM

Yay Kim. How exciting. We'll be looking forward to those great quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,524
gini replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:05 PM

congrats kim and mom,    i can't wait to see your creations

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:16 AM

Well it was finally setup around 4pm.... Mom and I were so excited to get started and realized all the quilts we had waiting in the closet had backing fabric with them but not backing actually sewn to size. So after whipping up a back to a quilt we loaded and quilted. It was amazing!! After 3 hours we had a quilt done! Now don't worry we have a lot to learn and it wasn't perfect but it was done. 

Yes mom lives only a 1/2 hour away... This is a joint effort. She needs my help with the computer stuff. We received great training on Sunday from the store in NJ where we purchased from and we are headed to MQX in April for lots more training. 

Looking forward to lots more FINISHED projects!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 6:54 AM

Oh my Kmrchr,     It certainly is a beauty.   I am in awe of it .   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wow kmrchr, it looks wonderful and looks like you have lots of room... Have fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 945
rshatto replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:13 PM

Very nice. I wish I had that much room. I have to squeeze around mine. Sounds like it was a piece of cake to get started. I bought mine used and had to figure things out myself pretty much. There are so many people willing to help if you have any problems on  this website.  Happy quilting.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 12:48 PM

You have a great set up!  Congratulations!  Can't wait to see your work.  Have you checked out the Longarmers Share forum?  Lots of good tips and pictures are shared there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,296
Points 26,610
Elizabeth replied on Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:58 PM

Beautiful, what a great way to spend time with your mom

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use