Top 10 Posters

2 openings left for Beachcomber's Haven, Gleneden Beach, near Lincoln City Oregon. Oct 13-18.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti Posted: Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:06 PM

Although it is not until October, we have 2 openings left.   Below is a description of the unit in which we have the openings.  You can check it out on their website.  This would be for 2 females,  willing to share a queen bed, or for one person paying double for the room.

"This upstairs unit in the four-plex has two bedrooms with queen beds and one large bathroom. There are wonderful ocean and beach views from the large shared deck with a 6 person hot tub. 

There’s a queen hide-a-bed in the living room. The kitchen is fully equipped and the open living area has TV, VCR and a CD player and a cozy wood stove. Within 150 ft. of easy beach access."

There will be 20 of us in the Sewing room, and 6 husbands doing whatever guys do. 

This is an absolutely fabulous location.  And a fantastic sewing room.  1000 sq feet of space and ergonomic chairs, etc. 

Let me know either here or in the groups forum if you are interested.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 10:10 PM

Here is one photo taken by Judy when she scoped the place out. 

"I took this photo from one of the units when I did the tour of the resort. Whoever is lucky enough to get this room might get to see a whale tail way off in the distance, if you stare out the window long enough."

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 11:47 AM

Hi Patti!

I am the Oregon gal that was sending you all sorts of places to look at-remember the deluge? Ha!
Anyway I have been down & out for awhile and after getting on here I saw the Beachcomber's Haven Retreat (DonnaB Thanks!) and am wondering a few things.

Help!
Me and the 2 other Musketeers are interested- I know you have 2 spaces left. Is it possible we 3 can rent a place for us and Husbands together? A more expensive alternative is ok too- like a house there- been there once and recall they have many options. I didn't know if y'all got a discount for renting or not- or I'd just "look around" and price it myself.

Another question is my 2 Musketeers are not QCA members (but could be hahahah) and are busy still in work force. Do they have to be members to attend?

Thanks so much and DO appreciate your hard work!

Pam 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:17 PM

Hi Pam.  They do not have to be members.  What is restricting the number of attendees now is having room for sewing in the Sandbox, the sewing room.  It is limited to 20.  And the spaces we have for lodging are for 2 women in unit 12.  We already have 18 quilters who have paid.  (I am not counting all the spouses as they do not intend to sew.)

And we have one other person who has said she is interested, so that may leave one space left. 

However, it is still a long time until October and if someone needs to cancel, their space would open up and if taken, they can be reimbursed.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:02 PM

Thank you so much for the info- if all else fails I will come in for a visit anyway...

for those not familiar with the Oregon coast....bring a camera, rain gear and prepare to be wowed!  If you do a whale watching tour, may I suggest Carrie Newell's eco tours out of Depoe Bay....here is here site and a short PBS video on her tours. We all went had such a blast! We are going again soon!

she is a hoot, and a professor. watch this: http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/segments/view/1754

then  her site : http://www.oregonwhales.com/index.html

Also at Depoe Bay 'The World's Smallest Naviagable Harbor" which Carrie sails out of, and the spouting horns right downtown where you park for her museum.  Just too much fun!

Then America's Most Photographed Lighthouse at Heceta Head (pronounced Hay Cee ta)    http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_124.php

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 467
Points 9,790
Pam replied on Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:04 PM

aw heck, I'll just have to organize a tour for y'all!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use