Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 245
Teresa Posted: Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:05 PM

My primary machine is a Brother Duetta sewing/embroidery combo.  I found that my machine bounced on some work surfaces when running at high speeds.  I found the perfect mat for my machine - one of those high density mats you use in the kitchen to stand on.  It absorbs all the vibration from my machine and I can use my machine on any surface and know it won't be damaged by my machines feet.  The mat is great for sticking pins in while I'm sewing so I don't have to keep looking for my pin cushion.  If the mat is too big you can easily cut it to size.  Another advantage is its SO MUCH CHEAPER than buying a brand-name one.

Teresa

• | Post Points: 65
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 710
Points 13,835

Thanks, Teresa. Just last night when I was sewing, I was wondering what I could do to stop the bouncing machine. I just refrained from high speed, thinking nothing could be done. I'll look for one of those mats.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks for the great tip Teresa. I will have to look for one of those as my machine bounces when I use it on the folding table. I'm going to have to use the folding table in my bedroom for awhile so this would take care of the bouncing and noise problem. Thanks again.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 6:59 AM

Great tip.  Thanks, I have been having that problem with some surfaces I place my machine on.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 65

When I go for my mammograms, I ask the radiologist (?) if I can have the pink mat that they put down to cushion your breasts. They are always happy to give it to me. It has a sticky side, so they usually put the paper back on. That way I can either use it as is, or remove the paper backing and stick it down to my sewing table. I'm sure I'll come up with more ideas for this foam piece.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 245

You get mats ?!!!  My radiologist just shoves you in between the plexi-glass and squeeeeeeeze!  Torture!

Maybe I'll take my own foam mat with me.......

Teresa

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Spudgrandma:

Thanks for the great tip Teresa. I will have to look for one of those as my machine bounces when I use it on the folding table. I'm going to have to use the folding table in my bedroom for awhile so this would take care of the bouncing and noise problem. Thanks again.

Noise problem!  My 830 Bernina is loud and I share the family room with my DH. The TV is so loud to overcome the Bernina. I'm going to try one of those mats!!!  Thanks

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Teresa :

You get mats ?!!!  My radiologist just shoves you in between the plexi-glass and squeeeeeeeze!  Torture!

Me too!  I want to go where they have pink foam. ;-D

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 8:44 PM

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Teresa :

Oh Man, I want to go where they have mats too.  Just had my mammogram 2 weeks ago and am still bruised.     Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 295
PaQuilter replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:32 AM

Thank you so much, Teresa.  I have a Brother Quattro and it bounces like crazy too.  I just bought a couple of those mats for my kitchen.  I bought them at Walmart for $9.99.  I'll have to go get another one.  Thanks again!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:16 PM

Ginny:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:

Teresa :

Oh Man, I want to go where they have mats too.  Just had my mammogram 2 weeks ago and am still bruised.     Ginny

We don't have those pink mats either.  I always feel as if my breasts come out flat as pancakes.!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use