Cordless iron

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 335
Paula posted on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:22 AM

Do anyone use a cordless iron and if so what brand?  I would like to get one but I see mixed reviews on them. I like my regular iron but the cord gets in the way sometimes, especially when I take it in our motor home.  I thought I'd ask here since I really only use it for quilting.

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,571 Posts
Points 30,609

I have had bad luck with cordless Iron... I have had 3 different brands and all leak within 6 months...Maybe Im just bad luck.. I switched back to corded.... but I do agree that silly cord gets in the way...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,736 Posts
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 5:35 PM

Paula

I had an Oreck iron once that did a really good job.  Lasted for several years and probably would have lasted longer if it hadn't hit the floor so many times.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
936 Posts
Points 15,850

Paula -  I have an Oreck cordless iron that I rec'd free when I bought my Oreck Vacuum Cleaner and where I haven't used it for about a year, I like it.  I had it sitting right next to my sewing table so I didn't have to get up to press stuff.  It was very handy but really needed the exercise of walking to the end of the room so haven't used it lately. I got a new sewing machine in its own table and there isn't room to have the Oreck next to that area so have changed sewing areas completely.

The area where the iron is sitting is so overloaded with fabric, projects, etc that I can't even get to it to use it. :-(  The Oreck seems a bit heavy but it always worked well.

I am going to post a new thread on my iron woes - I think I will be moving my cordless one to the ironing board as I need to have a working iron if I intend to get anything done on my UFO's and other projects.  Good luck in your search for a good cordless iron.

Marge P 

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 335
Paula replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:12 PM

Whoops! 

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 335
Paula replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:13 PM

Thanks for all of the posts.  I appreciate it.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
791 Posts
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:34 PM

I like my Panasonic cordless - little pricey, but works well.  Only thing I don't care for is the automatic  turn-off, since I only use it for quilting, I'd rather it stay on until I turn it off!  One thing, t ho, I never use water in my irons, all it does is ruin the iron, IMHO!  If you need damp, use a spray bottle and save yourself a lot of grief  with the irons!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Paula it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Carol:
Only thing I don't care for is the automatic  turn-off

I don't like that either, it always takes so long for it to heat back up.

Carol:
One thing, t ho, I never use water in my irons, all it does is ruin the iron

That is true, if I need steam I just use a spray bottle. I also found the cordless iron that I had awfully big and heavy. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
13 Posts
Points 335
Paula replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 5:43 PM

thanks for all the replies!  I may just stick with my corded one for my sewing room but I think a cordless will work in a pinch for the motor home should I need it.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use