Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 120
rosemarie Posted: Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:56 AM

I live on Long Island and was wondering if anyone was goin to the quilt show and wanted company. we could split expenses.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

What are the dates of the show and who is having it?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:44 PM

grammyro:
anyone was goin to the quilt show

First, welcome to QCA.  There are lots of wonderful quilters on this site who are so kind and helpful.  Can't wait to see some of your masterpieces. 

I'll probably go to the Lancaster AQS show in March but I usually only go out for the day on Saturday as I live in PA. I also work full time.  I would be glad to get together with anyone who was going to eat lunch or see the quilts.  It's an awesome show as I went last year.  Really had a great time. Let me know if you're interested in meeting up on Saturday.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 9,445
Joyce replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:52 PM

I went to the Lancaster quilt show several years ago and it was great.  If anyone knows the exact dates please let me know.  Maybe I can get my friend and make it this year.  We would come for the day as we can be there in a couple of hours.

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:24 PM

Joyce:
If anyone knows the exact dates please let me know.

Hi Joyce,  The show is March 13 - 16, 2013.  Held at the same place as last year, Lancaster County Convention Center.  Hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 120

i was looking to go thursday and friday come home on saturday. i've been there many times. only i have 194,000 miles on my car and don't really want to take the chance of driving there.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wish I could, it sounds like fun but too far away for me. I did want to say Hi grammyro, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

Mimi:
I would be glad to get together with anyone who was going to eat lunch or see the quilts. 

I really would like to go, even if only for a day. A lot depends on the weather- I don't like driving the turnpike through the mountain area in snowy weather. If I decide to go, maybe we could meet up along with whoever else will be there.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:07 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:
If I decide to go, maybe we could meet up along with whoever else will be there.

Sounds like fun Carol.  I know what you mean about the weather. When it gets closer to the time remind me so I don't forget about it.  Would love to be together with other quilters for this show, too.  How about it Joyce?  I can be there in about 90 minutes if I fly low.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:11 PM

grammyro:
i was looking to go thursday and friday come home on saturday.

Sorry my timing won't work for you Grammyro.  Hope you can find a friend to help with the expenses.  Your car sure has been faithful to you.  My DH says I'll have to keep the one I have until it has 250,000 miles on it.  Help! I'm only to 100,000 right now.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 9,445
Joyce replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:12 PM

Thank Mimi that does help a lot.  Sure would like to go.  Will need to see if I can find someone to sit with my mom that long.  They sure have some beautiful things & quilts at those shows.

Joyce

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 9,445
Joyce replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:15 PM

Sounds great to me if I can work it out to go.  Lunch and quilt talk what could be better.  I will let you know if I can get away.

Joyced

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 9,445
Joyce replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:18 PM

Hi Granmyo:  I know what you mean about the mileage on the car.  Our good one has about 150 to 160,000.  We just keep on rolling.

Joyce

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use