Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 455
Robyn Posted: Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:59 PM

Just thought I'd say "Hi".  My name is Robyn and I live in central New Jersey.  I'm in the middle of a DIY home addition so between that and my job, I don't have as much free time for fun stuff as I'd like, but hopefully that will change if the house ever gets finished (I'm planning a nice sewing room when it's all finished too!).  I'm an engineer by profession so unfortunately my work hours can get crazy sometimes too.

The closest I've come to any kind of sewing education came back in junior high school, many years ago, so anything I've done in recent years has been pretty much self taught by trial and error.  I got back into sewing, strangely enough, making a bag for the spare tire in my MINI Cooper.  That kind of led to a small side business making and selling tire bags for other owners.  That led me to getting into machine embroidery as well, as some of the customers wanted names or other messages on their tire bags.

Just last year, I decided to finally jump into quilting.  I've always been fascinated by it and have always been looking for an excuse to buy the fun and beautiful quilting fabrics I've always walked past in the fabric store when I was in there to buy duck cloth to make more tire bags.  I've only finished a couple quilt projects so far, but I am definitely hooked.

I'm hoping when I get a bit more free time, I can participate here more and get involved in some of the swaps or block of the month "festivities".  For now, I'll probably just be lurking in the shadows.

- Robyn

• | Post Points: 185
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Robyn, nice to meet you welcome to QCA

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Nice to meet you Robyn.  You'll find this site is packed full of fun hope to see you around in the near future. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 4:52 PM

Hi Robyn,

I remember how hard it was to make time for quilting when I was still working, so I understand where you're at.  How do you like your Mini Cooper?  Welcome to the quilting club.  Lurkers are always welcome, but we sure like it when they add their two cents from time to time, so don't be a complete stranger!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:26 PM

Robyn, Welcome to the quilting world.  You will love it as much as we all do!  This is a wonderful place to meet great people and make good friends.  I am glad to meet you and hope to get to know you better.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 455
Robyn replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:23 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  I hope to be more than a lurker once the house is finished. 

And Nancy, I LOVE my MINI. It will be 10 years old in August and I love it as much as the day I drove it home!

- Robyn

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Robyn, Welcome and enjoy!

MelodyP

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Robyn,

Welcome to the club. You will love it here.Everyone here is so nice and friend and so, so helpful. I hope you post a picture of your next quilt.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:19 PM

Robyn....welcome and hope you enjoy your time with us.   It doesn't take long to get hooked on quilting.  Once you start you will never look back.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,307
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:45 AM

Welcome Robyn.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 4:34 AM

Welcome Robyn,

I grew up in northern NJ, little town called West New York.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 455
Robyn replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:36 AM

Then we grew up not so very far away from each other. I spent my first 25 years in Wayne.

- Robyn

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:37 AM

Welcome Robyn, we'll be happy to help you out with your addiction so post a lot and enjoy the ride.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:37 AM

Welcome Robyn, we'll be happy to help you out with your addiction so post a lot and enjoy the ride.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:04 AM

Robyn, nice to meet you and welcome tothe  club, drop in and chat withus often. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use