Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy Posted: Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:48 AM

I already had this spice rack, but I didn't like it for spices. As I looked at it, I saw that it would be good in my sewing room. Now I have all of my different kinds of pins stored on a shelf right above my cutting table. Even though the front is clear, I taped a sample of the pin that is inside on the front just to make it easier, especially when it is not hanging on the holder. or I have more than one out at a time.

The containers seem very small but one container can hold enough safety pins to baste a queen size quilt. When I purchase new pins the entire package fits into one container.

I can take the container with my pins with me. When I remove pins as I sew I can have just the top there to catch them or the whole can. the bottom of the can is magnetic, so I can use it to pick up pins from all over the table easily, and just peal them off of the bottom to put them back into the can and back on it's holder. The holder also has the option of being hung on a wall.

The little container with magnetic bottoms, can be purchased without the stand too. I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I have been using this method for about three years and I have not lost track of my pins yet.

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

This is a great idea.  I use these containers for spices on my fridge and I LOVED them initially... but I've noticed that some are starting to show bits of rust and some of the spices are getting clumped in them b/c of moisture... so apparently, they're not good for spices.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:57 AM

Judy ,very creative. good job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Great idea Judy, thanks for sharing.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:04 AM

I love this idea. Thank You

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 3:07 AM

Great tip Judy. Thanks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 4:54 AM

good tip.  I am forever struggling to keep similar objects in the same place.  A few of these would certainly help.  Thanks

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use