Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Thu, Jan 3 2013 1:23 AM

Just a reminder that I still have openings for the retreat in Branson , this is a big retreat and we will have all kind of great things for you .We have some great door prizes to give and all kinds of great activities . I hope you will consider joining us for the fun. If interested please let me know here or thru the Retreat  Group in Groups .only 2 mos away .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:06 AM

Barbara

I can hardly wait.  I really need my quilting buddy fix.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 12:00 PM

I have projects coming out my ears.  This is perfect timing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

If that lottery that my hubby keeps playing comes in, I'll be there with bells on :) But, since I'm pretty sure that is not happening,  I will wait for the pictures and just enjoy it from afar.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Barbara:
this is a big retreat and we will have all kind of great things for you

Yippee! Less than 2 months. I'm ready (well, not really, but mentally I am ready). Now that the State Block Swap is filled and closed, I know at least one project that I'll be bringing to work on. That's one thing I can get packed.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:55 PM

Spud

I wish you were able to come.  I can hardly wait to get to see you again.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:55 PM

Judy

And just think Feb is a short month....WOOHOO

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Nana:

Judy  And just think Feb is a short month....WOOHOO 

Nana, you're right!!! We gain a couple days. Oh Lordy, I must start making my list, gather my fabrics and supplies, pack, arrange for Corki to go visiting..........

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,932
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:38 AM

Spudgrandma:

If that lottery that my hubby keeps playing comes in, I'll be there with bells on :) But, since I'm pretty sure that is not happening,  I will wait for the pictures and just enjoy it from afar.

If DH and I win I'll come get you and we'll both go to Branson.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,673
Points 65,760
Bonita replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:27 PM

This will be my first retreat and can hardly wait to get there. How many projects do you all usually bring to work on?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,464
Points 116,640

Bonita:

This will be my first retreat and can hardly wait to get there. How many projects do you all usually bring to work on? 

Bonita, that is a really good question and one I've yet to figure out. This will be my second retreat. The first one I STUFFED my bags with fabrics and patterns. This time I'm going to be more selective what I bring; partly because I'm flying.

It helps to bring projects that aren't too brain intensive. There is lots of chatter, lots of interruptions, lots of laughter. It may be hard to keep your head on straight, let alone keep a complex pattern straight. Might not be the best place to construct a Bargello! LOL

I'm going to pre-cut blocks for one of the projects I'm bringing, put them them labeled zip lock bags.

Small projects such as baby quilts work well. This is also a great place to bring a project you need help with. You'll find lots of quilters more than willing to give you a piece of their mind. LOL

Right now, I'm thinking of bringing four projects, all easily transported and worked on within a group of raucous women. I had thought of bringing my Seascapes paper piecing project but it  requires to much concentration, and is way too messy.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:12 PM

Bonita,    I found that cutting projects at home and bagging them to bring and sew makes things a lot easier.  Not too much brain work...hehehe   Things do get a bit silly and a lot of laughing going on.  Last June at the Smoky Mtn. retreat, I brought a dozen blocks, all cut and ready to sew with me.  Got 4 blocks sewn....lol   I'm bringing the rest of them to Branson and see if I can get the rest sewn...  I'm going to bring some baby quilts and hospice quilts that need bindings to be hand sewn.  I can just sit and stitch and don't have to think.  I'm in the process of tying them now so they'll be all ready to go.   Of course, we'll be finding the local fabric shops to check out what they have.  Hope this helps you out a bit.

Can't wait to meet all the new ones.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:22 PM

Bonita

I usually pick out about 4 projects that I want to do and cut all the fabrics and put them into labeled baggies.   Then I put the whole project with pattern into a bigger bag.   I never get them all done but that way I can pick which one I want to work on each day.   I also bring hand sewing projects to work on when I just want to sit and chat.  I also agree with Judy...keep your projects on the "simple' side or you will loose concentration and end up with something you hadn't planned on..LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,673
Points 65,760
Bonita replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:31 PM

Thanks Ladies for your help. Most of my stuff is fairly simple anyway so no worries there. LOL Nana, the hand work thing is a good idea, I've been working on some red work for the last six months off and on. I better start cutting. I do have a lot of charm packs with a couple of patterns to work up. I like that  all I have to do is stick them in a bag. Oh my goodness I'm getting excited, you'd think I've never been away from home before. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:33 PM

I so wish I could go!  But with not working, the funds just aren't going to let me do any traveling for a while, darn it anyway!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use