Top 10 Posters

Why can't I get my pieces to match properly???

Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:58 PM

Patti

Bali pops are 2 1/2 in strips cut width of fabric out of bali batiks.  Usually sold in the rolls like jelly rolls.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 24 2010 1:57 AM

Patti:

What are bali pops?

They are jelly rolls made up of Hoffman batiks. I think they (Hoffman) are the only ones that use that term.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:24 PM

Kris, I think you are right - i just bi-pass them in the store...I think they are beautiful but know that some of the fabrics in the group won't get used by me so would rather buy quantities of fabrics that I can use... I think the first time I saw Bali Pops they had a stick coming out and they were like a sucker shape... was really cute...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 144
Points 1,930
Priscilla replied on Sun, Feb 28 2010 6:13 PM

I am not sure what the question was but I do know if you put your short piece of fabric on top it will fit if you give it a little stretch as your sewing. Once quilted it will lay flat. Not sure if I got the question right. I have seen borders that are like the waves in an ocean. Now how does one fix this. Take it apart and cut the borders 1/2 inch shorter than the quilt. And make sure your borders are on top as you sew. If you put them on the bottom make sure they are cut the same length as the quilt. Top and bottom makes a difference on how you work your material. It really stands to reason. Not everyone sews the same. And most machines do not have the same tension. And some of us do not get the seams "exactly 1/4 inch from top to bottom when we sew" or they are just cut wrong.  ME ME ME.  Not that I know much. Just a suggestion. I think sometimes we try to be a little too picky. Not saying any of you are but I have some customers that are. Nice and neat but things don't match up good. I am sloppy but my quilts look good and stand up to punishment. They have to be I sell them. I am not a fussy quilter. I just do the chain piece thing and listen to Beethoven. Did that make any sense?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use