Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 125,005

Judy T-Bellingham:
It's Munch a Bunch from her Back on the Farm series.

I was so excited to get the pattern on Saturday since I only ordered it Friday. That was fast service! I opened the packet, which said Munch a Bunch on the front, to find it was the Fishy pattern! And, the invoice was for someone in Montana. Fooey, but those things do happen and I'm sure she will feel really bad about the mistake.

I've emailed her but since it's a weekend she probably won't get it until tomorrow.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:53 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I was so excited to get the pattern on Saturday since I only ordered it Friday. That was fast service! I opened the packet, which said Munch a Bunch on the front, to find it was the Fishy pattern! And, the invoice was for someone in Montana. Fooey, but those things do happen and I'm sure she will feel really bad about the mistake.

OOps. That's internet ordering, but I'm dure they will correct it.

I hope you enjoy yours

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:16 AM

Thea:
Judy, I have made about 5 of McKenna Ryan's multi block quilts now and I would never be able to do them if I sewed the backgrounds together before I put all the applique pieces on.  I satin stitch all the little pieces down and to try and do that to the full size quilt to me would be horrifically hard.

Thea,

I just read your post and it's too late I already sewed the background together. Fortunately it is a wall hanging and it is only 36 x 36  (approximately) I think I'll be able to manage the satin stitching. Some of the appliqués fall over into the border and onto the other panels. There is a layer of weeds etc that goes on after it is put together so on this one I have to make sure that I don't have double satin stitching and am able to lift pieces so I can give a dimension to the second layer. I think I chose a very hard Ryan quilt for my first one. Luckily it's not my first appliqué and it is raw edge.

Your blog is great. I love the way you started with the quiltaholic twist. It's funny.

Judy

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,140
Judy replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:16 AM

Thea:
Judy, I have made about 5 of McKenna Ryan's multi block quilts now and I would never be able to do them if I sewed the backgrounds together before I put all the applique pieces on.  I satin stitch all the little pieces down and to try and do that to the full size quilt to me would be horrifically hard.

Thea,

I just read your post and it's too late I already sewed the background together. Fortunately it is a wall hanging and it is only 36 x 36  (approximately) I think I'll be able to manage the satin stitching. Some of the appliqués fall over into the border and onto the other panels. There is a layer of weeds etc that goes on after it is put together so on this one I have to make sure that I don't have double satin stitching and am able to lift pieces so I can give a dimension to the second layer. I think I chose a very hard Ryan quilt for my first one. Luckily it's not my first appliqué and it is raw edge.

Your blog is great. I love the way you started with the quiltaholic twist. It's funny.

Judy

Judy Kay - Stow Ohio

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use