Top 10 Posters

I'm struggling today . . . Cried myself to sleep last night.

Page 4 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 82 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 5:56 PM

Oh NO Wendy you have been erased too......

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:02 PM

Nana:
. I have seen that blank look and weird smile when you are talking with me.   Have I been erased?

no, when i get that blank look, my mind really is a blank.  now, be nice,  i don't want to hear that is the only look i have on my face. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:29 PM

Gini

ROFLOL....no it isn't the only look you have on your face

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

gini:
now, be nice,

Now who here would not be nice???? 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

Kristen,

I am really sorry.. Families suck sometimes.  I read your post and then the website went  down and I walked through my house and caught a glimpse .  I had the pinched face of the old women that are the women that are my family and I WILL NOT BE THEM!  Don't you be them either, do what you do for your family because you want to, not because you have to or you feel guilty....

Strong always, pls...!

Nancy P

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!

Nancy P

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:14 AM

Kristin -

I read all the posts and what wise women are all these friends we have on this site!  But, I got to thinking that was last weekend and the "to be continued" hasn't aired.  Please tell us how the weekend went, did your Dad have a good time?  Were you able to incorporate the wise advise and enjoy yourself, in spite of how ever your family acted? 

Maybe it's none of my business and you can tell me that, you don't owe me anything BUT I really want to know that you had a good time in spite of the company.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hey Quilter Friends --

I'm just now getting a chance to sit down at the computer and catch up.  I apologize for not getting on here sooner . . . . I went back to work on January 7 after 2 weeks off for the holiday and just got too busy.

The birthday party for my dad went relatively well.  When I was around my DB and DS I basically put a smile on my face and didn't give them any reason to think that they hurt me.  It's extremely hard for me to write off my family but as I've said before, my health and happiness are more important.

We had a couple of "battles" with my DS and DB . . . . and we were only there for 24 hours.  The first one occurred Friday before the party.  We got into town about 3:00 and the party was due to start at 5:00.  My DB took it upon himself to tell my dad that we (my DH and I) would be picking him up and taking him to the party.  I don't mind helping my dad but I would have appreciated somebody telling me about it more than 5 minutes before we needed to pick him up.  No harm done . . . . we got Dad to the party on time.

The rest of the weekend kind of went like that.  I would get told that something was planned less than an hour before whatever it was was supposed to occur.  

All that mattered was Dad's celebration.  With his health as bad as it is, I personally am just happy to have him still around.  He had a great time at the party . . . we had about 300 people show up . . . which was good for his mental health.  I had a chance to see some people that I hadn't seen in YEARS.  While I grew up in Dad's church, and he married us there, I haven't spent any time there in probably 23 years.  I always enjoyed that church . . . and the friends I had when I still lived in Minnesota.  I am hoping I can actually rekindle a couple friendships with people from the church that I re-met at Dad's party.  I was in the choir at church and many of my friends from the choir are still there.

Here's a few pictures from the party . . .

From L to R ::

Erik (DN), Richard (DH), Dianne (DSIL), me (In the bright blue shirt), Carl (DB), Margot (DS), Lauren (Yellow; DN), Morgan (black stripe; DN), Ed (DBIL), Erika (DN), and of course Dad.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Another picture

Me (Bright blue blouse), Carl (DB), Margot (DS) and of course, Dad .......

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

And another ...........

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Here's one of Dad .....

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

And me ........

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:05 PM

great pictures kristin,  i'm glad you had a good time with your dad in spite of your family

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:59 PM

Kristin,

thanks for sharing. I'm happy you were able to have a good party for your father.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:41 PM

Keep the good emeroies and just let the others go. Give them to God. HE will dispose of them.

You have a big family. To look at the pictrues, it looks like all are so happy. Much like the pictures taken at any of my inlaw family gathering. All for the camera.

Sukochi

Page 4 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use