Top 10 Posters

Acrylic Sewing Machine Insert for New Sewing Table

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 95
nkread@gmail.com posted on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:04 PM

Hi all, 

Got a new Gidget 2 sewing table for Christmas. I would like to get an insert customized to my table and my sewing machine. Does anyone have any experience with these? 

Happy New Year! 

Nancy

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
17 Posts
Points 335
J.P. replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:30 PM

I don't have a Gidget table, I have a Koala but I  emailed the company and they said I could get a second insert by giving them the dimensions I needed (width and length) and the model of my machine. The inserts are $149.  Try emailing the maker of your table about an insert.  JP

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,517 Posts
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:35 PM

Wow, the cost of that scares me.  Back in the day when I bought my table, they gave the insert as a freebie if you gave them your machine make and model.  I have been thinkng of getting a new insert for my new Babylock Symphony.  Guess I'll rethink that idea for now.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I have the Gidget 2 with the acrylic insert custom cut for my Bernina 440. I love it!  I may have to order a second insert if I win the Singer Featherweight I'm bidding on right now on eBay.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,394 Posts
Points 27,280
Suggested by Ms MoomMist

I don't have a Gidget but I have another Arrow Cabinet and I got the insert from them, so I have to agree with JP, that you should be able to get on from them. I got mine back in 04 or 05 and the price wasn't anything near $100.00... If all else fail, make a paper pattern of you machine with the cutout and take it to your local glass company and see if they have plexiglass and price it out there.

Best of luck.

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Nancy, it is nice to meet you. There is a company that makes them but I cannot think of the name at the moment. 

Here is a link to Connecting Threads, you can also do a search for acrylic sewing machine insert and you may find more options. insert

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,396 Posts
Points 415,524
gini replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:37 AM

i have an insert and love it.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 95

Thank you so much for all of your input. I haven't been quilting for quite a while and now I am so excited to get back into it. 

Nancy

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 95

Thank you so much for all of your input. I haven't been quilting for quite a while and now I am so excited to get back into it. 

Nancy

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 95

Nancy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
655 Posts
Points 16,585

I don't have the Gidget II but am thinking of getting it for my Brother quilter.  I'll get the insert from SewVacDirect as they have the best prices and good reviews.  $49-$59 depending on the model of the table and machine.

http://www.sewvacdirect.com/arrow-4/?sort=pricedesc

Brigit-Carol

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use