EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:46 PM

Happy new year,

May you have a joyful one where ever you are and what ever you do, do Americans make new years resolutions and if so has anyone made any, mine is to try and lose weight, to finish all my quilts (yeah right not likely in my lifetime), to make my Christmas presents for next year before Dec 1st, to look after my dad to make sure he knows he is loved and how lucky i am to have him and to try and make as many people smile and laugh as i possibly can.

God bless you all

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:29 PM

Oh, yes, Frances, there is a New Year's Resolution!! Everyone does that. At least everyone that I know. I have not made one in so long cause, by day 3, it is broken.  However, that said, I think I have hit on a great one. I already started it today. I am making Christmas Applique "Whatever" Kits. The whatever? What ever I decide to make. Today, I have put together two kits. One is for a tea towet. all the applique bits are fused and cut. Reasdy to sew on the chosen background fabric and the pattern is included.. The second is a tablerunner. The background fabric is with the pattern and wool for the applique, also ready to fuse on the background fabric. Each goes into a small box or bag. If we have an appt. that requires waiting, I will just grab a bag and off I will go. The necessayr threads are in there, too. If I could make one a month, that would give a lot of a head start. If, I could get one every two weeks, that would finish Christmas for next year. So that, beside the usual, lose weight and exercise, are mine for 2013.

What about everybody else?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,850
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:44 PM

Sukochi what a great idea to have those whatever kits ready!  Yes one more time I made some new year resolutions. The first one is to get back in shape and lose weight. The next one is to complete one of my friend's memory quilts a month and finish them all by June. Then do the usual, mystery quilts, baby. Quilts, all. Kind of usual stuff.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:45 PM

Thanks Beth.

Happy New Year everyone. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:55 PM

Happy New Year Everyone.  I want to start my Farmers daughter Quilt this year.  Build my stash (te he) and the one resoulution I have made for a couple of years and have improved on a lot is not to swear.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Happy New Year everyone!!  May it be a good one, filled with peace and calm.

Resolutions?  I am still working on keeping the one I made 10 years ago and have kept so far...never to make another New Year's Resolution!

Max

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:55 AM

Max, I am with you .  I don't make resolutions either.  They never carry through.  I just try to do better in the new year than I did the previous year, based on lessons learned the previos year.  ANd that changes each year based on the physcal or emotional difficulties of the previous year.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 7:55 AM

Max, I am with you .  I don't make resolutions either.  They never carry through.  I just try to do better in the new year than I did the previous year, based on lessons learned the previos year.  ANd that changes each year based on the physcal or emotional difficulties of the previous year.    Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:03 PM

Happy New Year everyone!   May you not see your seam ripper (at least for one day!).

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Ginny:
Max, I am with you .  I don't make resolutions either.

Me either, I figured years ago why make a resolution that I knew I was not going to keep :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:16 PM

Ginny:

Ginny - I do believe I am in the same corner as you on resolutions.  I will honestly work hard on the weight loss issue everyone is talking about but other than that, I plan to take it day by day and try and make each day a really good one.  I hope to complete lots of projects this year and God willing and the creek don't rise, I will be successful with that plan.  I will not beat myself up if I get less done but be happy with what I can accomplish.

Happy New Year to all the quilters on QCA and in the whole world!

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 11:18 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Resolutions?  I am still working on keeping the one I made 10 years ago and have kept so far...never to make another New Year's Resolution!

Atta girl, Max.  I like your take on this. :-)

Marge P

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Frances:
o finish all my quilts (yeah right not likely in my lifetime)

Great goal Frances, but you don't really want to be completely done do you? Its so much fun to have several quilts in the process of completion. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use