Handi Quilter Sweet 16

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645
Judy Taylor-Bellingham posted on Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:21 PM

My sister is considering a Handi Quilter Sweet 16.  She found one, with the sititch regulator, on http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/hq-sweet16-trustitch.php

I tried to access the Handi Quilter website to find a store near her so she could test drive one. She lives in Vancouver, near Portland, OR. The website doesn't work. Does anyone know why? Is there a problem with the Handi Quilter manufacturer? I'm telling her to hold off until I can find out more information.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
654 Posts
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:21 PM

Thank you. I get ideas from coloring books! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,273 Posts
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:37 PM

Very niceMichelle, I like your quilting .

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,461 Posts
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:56 PM

Michelle:
Here's the latest quilt I finished this week. For a friend battling cancer .  She wanted a Christmas quilt with minky on the back. I'll have to take a picture of the Quilting up close and the back .  I need to try using some type of pattern. All I've done is free hand so far. 

That's really pretty MIchelle.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,354 Posts
Points 414,864
gini replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:57 AM

michelle, your quilting looks great

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

What a beautiful quilt Michelle, and what a great gift for your friend. I can say from first hand experience that having a quilt someone cared enough to make for you to snuggle under when you are in treatment means more than I can say.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Michelle:

Here is a close up of some of the quilting 

Is that a dead bar on your frame? I would like to put one on mine and I'm trying to figure out how to retrofit my frame.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
654 Posts
Points 12,395

Not sure if its called a dead bar? I don't pin anything to it, it holds the quilt backing down at the rear of the machine. It came with the machine. This is a HQ 18 

Michelle B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
654 Posts
Points 12,395

Thank you. She loves the first one I made her after the last chemo treatment. This was the Christmas one she bought the material for and we started it together when she visited before Christmas. I just got it finished tonight with the binding and now to make an embroidery label and get in the mail. 

Michelle B

Not Ranked
24 Posts
Points 130

Hi Judy

I just did a google search for handi quilter, & I had no problem accessing  the web site(s).  maybe try this link:   https://www.handiquilter.com/select-location/     after you select N. America, & enter your (or your sister's) info, it will give you the nearest dealers. Hope this helps

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,465 Posts
Points 116,645

mindless:

Hi Judy

I just did a google search for handi quilter, & I had no problem accessing  the web site(s).  maybe try this link:   https://www.handiquilter.com/select-location/     after you select N. America, & enter your (or your sister's) info, it will give you the nearest dealers. Hope this helps

Thanks MIndless. Yes, was able to finally get on yesterday. Their site must have had problems. My sister did find a dealer not too far from her in Portland, Oregon and has emailed them to see if they carry the one she is interested in.

If she gets one, I'll sure make the trip down to visit her! Me and my dozen unfinished tops. LOL

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use