Does anyone know of a web site . . . .

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
35 Posts
Points 1,355
LearningDayByDay posted on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:07 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to find if anyone knows of a web site that shows how different patterns will look with different fabric choices.  For instance, if I see a pattern I would really like to use but the picture of it is in colors that are not to my liking is there a web site that will show me how this (or any other pattern) might look with different fabric?  I'm not real god at visualizing so would like to see what certain patterns look like if they were made in civil war colors or in reproduction fabrics or in shades of blue or anything else.

Thanks, Ellie

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

electic quilt 7 has a web site, you might try there. I 'm not sure if you can do what you want  .I have the soft ware so never tried on the site.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,482 Posts
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:02 AM

Ellie, I'm not sure I've welcomed you to this site so WELCOME!  Like Barbara said the program EQ7 would do it for you but wouldn't it be great if someone would open a site like that, I'm not good at visualizing either.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:32 AM

Some people have said that they make a sample block from their fabric selections to see if they are going to like it before they cut everything out.  I might try that with my next quilt.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,719 Posts
Points 121,420

MNnancy:

Some people have said that they make a sample block from their fabric selections to see if they are going to like it before they cut everything out.  I might try that with my next quilt.

That's a good idea. I think I did that once.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

MNnancy:

I have done this before and it does help. Also, some of the online fabric stores have a design wall you can use. I cannot remember which ones right at the moment, if I can think of one I'll post later.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:05 PM

Spud, I have tried that design wall on the site before But some fabric colors online are not what they appear.  Can be tricky. Though, I haven't really been too shocked about the color I got in the mail as apposed to what it looked like on the site.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

learningDayByDay, I do not believe we have met and wanted to say Hi and nice to meet you.

Not Ranked
35 Posts
Points 1,355

Barbara - I can't do what I want  on their website but their software looks great.  If I had more time to devote to quilting this looks like something I would definitely invest in.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

EQ7 is fabulous and they have tons of patterns to use It is really worth the cost of investing  in. I use mine all the time and you can actually design your own quilts ,Alot of the gals here  do this all the time. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,875 Posts
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 2:56 PM

YOu can do this at eQuilter.com and Thousands of bolts (scroll down and click on "Quilter's Toolbox).

They're not as versatile as EQ but they might be what you're looking for.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,482 Posts
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 4:11 PM

Barbara, I have an Apple computer and EQ7 is not compatible with it, rats!  I'd love to be able to use something like that.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Barbara:
It is really worth the cost of investing  in

That is high praise from a self-avowed cheapskate. :)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
128 Posts
Points 2,270
Sherry replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 5:10 PM

CONNECTING THREADS HAS A PROGRAM ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN PLAY WITH MATERIAL (FROM THEIR SITE, BUT I AM SURE U COULD FIND COLORS OF THEIRS THAT WOULD BE SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU MIGHT BE LOOKING TO USE. HAVEN'T USED IT IN AWHILE, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE YOU COULD ALSO DESIGN QUILTS THERE ALSO. AGAIN, USING THEIR MATERIALS.) GOOD LUCK

Not Ranked
35 Posts
Points 1,355

The web site links are great!!! Thank you.  Even if I can't play with the exact prints I am using they will still work.  I'm just looking for generalities such as how would this quilt look in black in white or repro fabric.  Right now I have so much fabric I need to use up.  I've only made 4 quilts and about 20 small snowman pillows, but I have enough excess fabric tomake about 15 quilts, I'm not sure how I ever managed to let myself get so carried away with all my purchases.  And the software I will definitely be looking into further.

Thanks, Ellie

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use