Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 85 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:11 PM

I have managed to loose about 10 pounds since the first of March.  Haven't really been trying to hard though.   Our diets have greatly improved since Lewis' heart attack.   He has lost 30 pounds since his heart attack.  Kind of disgusting how quickly men can loose weight...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 685
Points 11,770
zoetc49 replied on Sat, May 18 2013 11:04 PM

Congrats on your weight loss !! Heavier men often have more water weight..and more muscle.  I spoke with a trainer today and he said that he tells people to work out on weights three times a week- full body, then after do 30 minutes of areobics( walking, running etc)  I got off track for awhile and started just walking. This next week I plan to go back to doing what he suggested because I recall when I did that my legs got so strong. My weight loss is coming off about 1.25 a week.

I am sorry your husband had the heart attack, but sure am glad that you both are doing better.    

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 19 2013 12:09 AM

Nana:

I have managed to loose about 10 pounds since the first of March.  Haven't really been trying to hard though.   Our diets have greatly improved since Lewis' heart attack.   He has lost 30 pounds since his heart attack.  Kind of disgusting how quickly men can loose weight...LOL

Nana, good for you and Lewis!  It is disgusting about men losing weight so much easier than women.  My DH is eating somewhat better because of what I am putting in front of him for meals (and all my label reading seems to finally be making an impression), but he still has his "snacks" that are far from healthy. And, he still has lost almost twice what I have lost since February 1.  That is disgusting!  But, he really needs to lose it (even more than me), so I can't be too upset.

I am very happy for you both that you are working to eat more healthy meals. I hope the stop-smoking campaign is doing better now too.  I know it is very hard, but I so hope this will be the time that you will be successful.  Your life (and Lewis') will be so much better for it!    

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 12:24 AM

Donna

The stop smoking campaign isn't working so well.   Lewis is allergic to the chantix and chantix caused my depression to become almost unmanageable.   Tried the lozenges and they made me vomit.   Have tried the patch before and it didn't work very well either.   I am going to try the chantix again at just the 1mg / day instead of increasing the dosage and see if it will work without causing me increased problems.   Still taking it one day at a time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 19 2013 10:32 AM

Nana:
Still taking it one day at a time.

Just keep trying that is the important thing!  I don't know when you tried the patch last, but my understanding is that the newer formulas (whatever) are much better than the old ones.  I had a co-worker who had tried and tried to quit without any success, but finally was successful using the patch(s).  He had to start out with 2 patches to curb the urge, but it did finally make it possible for him to completely quit.  He also was working with his doctor, which I assume you are also.  Good luck and just hang in there...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, May 19 2013 10:50 AM

Yes!  Got on the scales this morning and I am 197!  Thats down 11 pounds since late December.   I had not gotten on the scales since March. 

Nana, I have a success story for you and Lewis.  My sister was a heavy smoker for many years.  She tried multiple times to quilt, including telling her co-workers that she would give everyone $100 if she smoked again.  That cost her $700.   One day she saw an advertisement for hypnotism to quilt smoking.  She went.   It was a group session, and she said the whole time she thought this is silly, no way is this going to work.  But the hypnotist said that they would go home and would continue to smoke for a day, and after 24 hours they would no longer smoke.  My sister thought that was so stupid!  Well, she did smoke for a day, and then stopped.  She states she had one 5 minute urge to smoke and managed to get through that and has never wanted to smoke again.  However, she became a health nut, and has been educating me for years.  Whether I want to hear it or not.  Consequently I am always on my best behavior when she is around. 

You can do it Nana.  Look at how far you have come already!  I am inspired by your progress. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,370
Ginny replied on Sun, May 19 2013 12:28 PM

Well, I finally decided to go to Robin's shop and order the purse pattern.  The longer I stewed about it, I finally got smart and ordered from her store, even though it is in Calif.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Sun, May 19 2013 1:04 PM

checking in, have been keping up with everyone's posts and like me some of you are doing great and others are struggling.  wish I had some wise words of widom but no such luck.  I've been maintaining, haven't lost but haven't gained back any either so I'm happy.  need to make another major push and lose aother 20#s but not there to do it yet.  DH had knee surgery on Thur, torn menicus and arthritis on his right knee so having to be nurse right now.  dr said no weight on his knee for 6-8 weeks.  this is going to be a long summer, I can tell or at least till July gets here.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 19 2013 4:07 PM

Patti:
Yes!  Got on the scales this morning and I am 197!  Thats down 11 pounds since late December.   I had not gotten on the scales since March. 

Great News Patti, I am so happy for you!  Finally...YES!  Way to go...your perseverance paid off!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, May 19 2013 4:14 PM

Debbie:
DH had knee surgery on Thur, torn menicus and arthritis on his right knee so having to be nurse right now.  dr said no weight on his knee for 6-8 weeks.  this is going to be a long summer, I can tell or at least till July gets here.  

Look at the bright side Debbie:  You should be burning lots of calories being his personal "Go-Fer Gal" while he is off that knee...lol!  

If your not gaining your accomplishing something, so don't lose faith.  This is just a hiatus until your home situation levels out.  Just keep eating healthy and get in some calorie burn whenever you can, however you can, even if its just 5 minutes at a time.  Then you will be ready for that next big push!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 10:52 AM

Happy June!!!  Where is everyone???  No one has posted here since May 19th...we need to keep each other motivated, right?  That is the purpose of this thread, so lets keep the dialog going. 

Believe it or not, here in Eastern Washington we are FINALLY drying out and warming up...whooppeee! We are going to have clear skies and 70+ for a few days and then into the 80's.  Final is the only word that fits this year...

Well, I seem to be in a plateau along with a few others of you.  I am still at the same weight I reach on May 13th...but I am not gaining so that is a blessing.  With all the wet weather we have been having, it has been difficult for me to get much motivation to walk and/or garden.  Maybe now, with the sun coming out, I will feel more like moving!!!

I have lost a total of 15 pounds since the first of the year when this thread started, so I am celebrating that victory.  And, I am still working on keeping my food plan reasonable.  

I have discovered with MyFitnessPal that as you lose weight, they cut the base-line calories you should be eating each day.  It does make sense but if I don't exercise, it makes for a very spartan food day for me...and I do like to eat...lol!  I guess that in itself should be enough incentive to exercise, right???  Right now, I am literally exercising to be able to eat a little more...isn't that a hoot!  This too will pass - just like those clouds that are heading east and finally leaving E. Washington alone for awhile.  I haven't done any "1st of the month measurements" yet, but will later today, so will probably post those tomorrow.  

Now it's your turn.   I'd love to hear how all of you are doing with your journey to better health and fitness...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:43 PM

Donna

We finally were able to get the pool opened for the year.   Now if the water will just get warm enough to get in without forming icicles.   I am able to get in more exercise with the pool ....  no joint stress in the water.  I have at least been maintaining my weight but haven't lost anymore.   Lewis seems to have leveled off in his weight loss and is staying around 220.   He is usually closer to 250.  Still haven't been able to quit smoking but I am very proud of him for his diet change.   It was really hard for a country boy to give up his fried foods.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:02 PM

My turn. I have not changed the bad eating habits, thus am still back up 8 pounds from  my beginning point last Cot. 

I have started and am continuing a walking program. I walk for almost an hour each morning. HOWEVER, I am experiencing a pull sharp pain in under my left knee toward the right top of the knee cap. I have to stop several times while walking up the long steep hill down the orad from our house. After I have crested this hill, the pain slacks off then by the time I am back in the house it is gone. I have been diagnosed with sciatica, but,  that has not a thing, I don'tt think to do with this pain. Upon waking, I have a pain, in my left leg,  in the thigh that seem to make me think my leg is broken. I limp. It just really hurts.

SO, this is where I stand today. I still need to correct my diet. That is a matter of will power. I am turning this problem over to God, as I don't seem to be able to handle it myself. With Him, all things are possible. The walking with pain, I think needs to be looked at by my physician.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

I had a fried pork chop for supper, one of my big weakness, but darn it was good, but i have maintained my weight loss

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:42 PM

Donna B:
Now it's your turn.   I'd love to hear how all of you are doing with your journey to better health and fitness...

been maintaining as well but I need to seriously think about starting phase 2 and lose another 20 lbs.  My goal is to lost 30 more, which really is just getting back into exercising again.  I am eating a salad everyday and trying to put more fruits ad veggies in my diet, so that's good.  still having pain in my foot so getting on treadmill is not top of my list.  

just completed a steps challenge at work and we needed to do 144,000 steps in 9 weeks but I managed to do 213,500+ so pretty proud of myself, that was without running or walking as an exercise just moving, daily  activity.  we use an Actiped from Fit Linxx.  

this Wellness challenge has been good for me- next up is a water challenge, which should be a cinch, I drink 3 bottles a day, about 60 ounces, just to keep my IBS in control.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 85 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use