Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 84 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sat, May 11 2013 6:44 PM

Donna B

Have you seen the chocolate candy made by Skinny Cow?   It is low calorie and you can have 3 pieces.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, May 11 2013 7:33 PM

Nana:

Donna B

Have you seen the chocolate candy made by Skinny Cow?   It is low calorie and you can have 3 pieces.

No I haven't seen those!  I better look here in Spokane before I head back to Winthrop...I will never find them in our little town...lol!  

We just finished a 2-day **Intensive** digitizing workshop...all on the pc/laptop...for machine embroidery.  Whew!  My brain is exhausted and I can't even see straight!!!  Good thing we are waiting until tomorrow morning to drive home.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 685
Points 11,770
zoetc49 replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:09 PM

Donna,

That is motivation enough for me to keep using mine. really it's rather fun to see how many calories i really am using. I just have it on my bra in the center and I just leave it there all day- no one can see it when I rear loose clothes. If you do decided to get one, go to the fitbit website and see all the ones that have. I might have bought the one on the goes on like a watch over this one, but I never saw it at the store.

I was eating like many of you all late at night. It seems like ever since I started eating more salad and more fish ( I can have 3-4 oz, over 2 oz of red meat) I don't get all hungry anymore. I also gave up eating sugar, eating out and drinking. For me all of these added up to me not feeling full and messed up my blood sugar. Also, I started writing down each thing I eat and it is helping me to make better food choices. It helps me "see" what I am doing. So when I want to have another no sugar snack of 110 calories, vs 1 3/4 cups sliced strawberries for 80 calories- guess which one I go for...the one that will fill me up and taste better- yes, the strawberries.     

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 5:36 AM

Fianally I have loss another pound, only took 3 months LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:26 AM

Leslie :

Fianally I have loss another pound, only took 3 months LOL

Fantastic!  Just keep working at eating slightly less calories each day than you are burning (with life and exercise) and the weight will come off.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 10:43 AM

Happy to report I stayed the same weight since last Monday after my brunch with the family yesterday.  I guess a did a few things right during the week.  Hanging in there and still trying!

Congrats, Leslie, on the loss.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:03 AM

Marie:

Happy to report I stayed the same weight since last Monday after my brunch with the family yesterday.  I guess a did a few things right during the week.  Hanging in there and still trying!

Congrats, Leslie, on the loss.

Congratulations Marie!  Just keep trying...I know you can do this!  You just proved it!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:31 AM

I lost 4.5 pounds this week.  Always do pretty good the first week, then everything really slows down, but I'm going to keep working at it.  Plan to be under the 200 pound mark for Oregon Retreat in October.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, May 13 2013 3:03 PM

Karla:

I lost 4.5 pounds this week.  Always do pretty good the first week, then everything really slows down, but I'm going to keep working at it.  Plan to be under the 200 pound mark for Oregon Retreat in October.

Congratulations to you too Karla!  I always need to set specific goals also.  I don't always reach them...exactly...but they really help me.  Remember, we are all with you 100% here!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 4:54 PM

Congrats Marie and Karla.  I have been making myself push mow the yard instead of using the rider,  i have a big yard, takes me awhile, but good exercise

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, May 13 2013 5:03 PM

Donna B:

Congratulations to you too Karla!  I always need to set specific goals also.  I don't always reach them...exactly...but they really help me.  Remember, we are all with you 100% here!!!

If I can lose 17 more pounds in the next 4 months, I can meet this goal.  It should be easier in the summer because I can be outside doing such fun things as mowing the lawn and pulling weeds.  Just hope my willpower will last that long.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 735

Congratulations, everyone.

We went away for Mother's Day to a resort....ooops...didn't watch what I ate and drank margarita's. So, in 4 days I gained 3 pounds....

It was fun and now I'm back on track - still hoping to meet my July 9th goal...10 to go.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:33 PM

Marie, I'm with you on that one. When I sit down at night, I want something to munch on even though I'm not hungry. Drinking green tea helps. Also knitting or hand quilting helps too as my hands are too busy to reach and eat.

so far since January I've lost twelve pounds.  This week I've walked three days at lunch. It was great.  Now I need to be home long enough to cook healthy food as this week was bad. I love my walks but have a problem with my heel. I'm seeing a doctor this week.  

Brandy, Marie and Ginny, taking a few steps back is normal. Wanting to go forward again is what we all have to look at.  By talking here it helps me to try and stay on my path to better health.  I do make mistakes, but I have made some much needed changes in my eating habits. My weight loss is slow but it still goes down so I'm hopeful that I will reach my goal by Christmas.  Slow but sure.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Sat, May 18 2013 8:36 PM

Leslie and Karla you guys did great this week.  I was not on track this week so we'll see Monday how things are.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:07 PM

Angele:
I love my walks but have a problem with my heel. I'm seeing a doctor this week.

Angele-- I don't know what your symptoms are. I will just share something about my heel problem. When I walked my left heel right on the bottom hurt like all billy-o. Yet when I tried to feel it there was no soreness. On a hunch or just a silly thought I started massaging my sciatic spot and it would ease. I finally went to the chiropractor and she confirmed that the two worked together. Just twice she did adjustments but gave me the simplest of exercise to do. It's been fantastic how much better my heel has become.

Congratulations to those still working hard and losing weight. Maybe I can get back to it again. I haven't gained above what I was since we started but I have had many struggles. I just had a birthday and I have kicked the bad stuff to the curbs. Maybe, I hope and pray, I can now also get ahead on the weight loss.  

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 84 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 82 83 84 85 86 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use