Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 83 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:52 AM

Marie, we are all here for you and I hope you will find what will work for you and get you off the yo yo track.

I have another suggestion (don't I always...lol):  Do you think you could stick to eating healthy one week a month?  (Maybe a little exercise that week too?)  Then have the other three weeks to not worry about it and just eat however and whatever you want.    Maybe taking the pressure off and just committing for a short period of time might be the answer for you...or at least keep you from gaining back all that you have lost.  It certainly is worth a try!

(Another option would be two day out of every week!) 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:57 AM

Patti:
I am enjoying life.

Good for you Patti...this is what you deserve!  

Enjoy that beautiful scenery and wildflowers in the fresh morning air and sew the rest of the day...paradise!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:09 AM

Oi...am I hurting today!  I skipped zumba yesterday because I have what I call a sloppy kneecap.  It's like there is fluid under my knee making it really puffy.  It's not painful, unless I try to walk up stairs.  But I am much more cautious because it tends to pop out of place often when it's like that.

So, instead I worked on the machines on my arms & abs.  DANG!!!  It even hurts to laugh today!  I don't know if I could do even ONE crunch or situp.  I did situps on the bench yesterday, managed 2 sets of 25 without really feeling it.  Then decided I really needed to stop before I couldn't move today.  UGH!

But...my attempt at eating low carb seems to be working.  I go through times where I seem like I am starving.  But I try to drink a glass of water and it seems to help.

The girls here at work said they can see the difference.  I'm glad, because my scale hasn't noticed, and neither have my clothes.  So I don't know what they are seeing...unless it's my loss of about 8" of hair from my recent haircut?  lol!!  Anyway...kick boxing today.  I do like that1  And I think I'll skip zumba again for some more arm work--no abs today, though!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:30 AM

Donna B:

Marie, we are all here for you and I hope you will find what will work for you and get you off the yo yo track.

I have another suggestion (don't I always...lol):  Do you think you could stick to eating healthy one week a month?  (Maybe a little exercise that week too?)  Then have the other three weeks to not worry about it and just eat however and whatever you want.    Maybe taking the pressure off and just committing for a short period of time might be the answer for you...or at least keep you from gaining back all that you have lost.  It certainly is worth a try!

(Another option would be two day out of every week!) 

Donna, teary eyed I'm writing this.  It is so nice to have friends who really care and suggest ways around my ups and downs.  You can't imagine how much that means to me, thank you!  Both of your suggestions are good ones and I will try both of them.  Never even gave either one a thought.  I guess I'm an all or nothing gal, maybe it's time for a change with that.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,572
Points 51,640
Ginny replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:43 AM

Donna, thank you for that idea that you have given Marie.  I too have been eating so bad.  Everything I lost , I have gained back and feel like giving up.  I am going to give your suggestion to Marie a go also. 

See Marie, you are not the only one with that problem, but you were brave enough to admit it, which I didn't do until you gave me the courage to do so.  Thanks Marie.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:46 AM

Marie--I will share a tip that worked for me when I first joined WW.  I couldn't manage all the things they wanted me to do, so I started with just changing one meal a day.  Instead of McDonalds for breakfast, I bought instant oatmeal & had that with a cup of hot chocolate (not a coffee drinker.)  Once I thought I had a good handle on that, I gradually swapped out other bad eating habits.  They are still REALLY easy for me to fall back into...I love McD when I'm on the run, but I know it's not good for me.  At the same time, I don't beat myself up for it, either.

Someone once told me that life is not a sprint, it's a long-distance race and every little step we take in the right direction is helpful. 

Start slow and don't get down on yourself.  Donna is right...we are a GREAT group of ladies and somehow, over this crazy thing called the intenet, we have become good friends and the BEST support system!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,572
Points 51,640
Ginny replied on Thu, May 9 2013 10:48 AM

Susie, I don't know if I would be stressing my knee with kick boxing today since it is already flared up.  I would tend to think that would aggravate it more.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:01 AM

I thought about that, Ginny.  But the kickboxing class here at work is really almost all arms.  We do a side-step, but it's really low impact. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:05 AM

Ginny, you're welcome.  Fessing up, I'm told, is the first step to getting there/anywhere.  And it's true, now we all have another way of handling our problems thanks to Donna's thoughts.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:12 AM

Susie:
Start slow and don't get down on yourself.  Donna is right...we are a GREAT group of ladies and somehow, over this crazy thing called the intenet, we have become good friends and the BEST support system!

Susie, thanks for that input, my bad time of day is in front of TV so I'm going to try and choose something I really like but that is good for me.  I hope I can think of what that could be.  LOL  Also, I agree, we do have the best support system in every way here on QCA!  The friendships are THE BEST!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:35 AM

Marie:

[Susie, thanks for that input, my bad time of day is in front of TV so I'm going to try and choose something I really like but that is good for me.  I hope I can think of what that could be.  LOL  Also, I agree, we do have the best support system in every way here on QCA!  The friendships are THE BEST!

Marie--do you like baby carrots?  I have found that they sure helped me wih my tv nibbling.  Or the light butter popcorn..if you are on WW, it's only 2 points for an entire bag!...or at least it was.  I also find, though, that if I have my hands busy with thread and fabric or yarn, I nibble less.  Don't want to get any spills on my project, lol!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, May 9 2013 12:45 PM

My bad time is in the evenings...and not necessarily in front of the TV since I don't watch that much.  I've been trying to keep myself very busy or go soak in the bathtub (although it is not impossible to eat in the bathtub) and just go to bed early when the urges to eat are really bad.  Another method I use, to treat myself, is to eat sensibly and healthy on all weekdays, allow one special treat on Saturday and eat anything I want on Sunday.  I find that I don't usually want that much on Sunday, except for a big breakfast as we usually go out with neighbors every Sunday morning.  It's worked for me and it gives me something to look forward to all week long,

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Thu, May 9 2013 5:00 PM

I was having a issue with not ever feeling full. So on days like that I now take Psyllium husk, 550mg, before as often as I need to. It will not make you have runny stools, but it will make you feel full.

I am glad for this chat as it seems we all have the same issue with food.

I LOVE my Fit Bit !! With it I am seeing that I often walk around 2-3 miles without my work out. Today I am off 2 miles because I have been cleaning files- yuk !! But all is done that I have wanted to get done. Now, I have room for more ..lol  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:55 PM

Karla:
 I've been trying to keep myself very busy or go soak in the bathtub (although it is not impossible to eat in the bathtub) and just go to bed early when the urges to eat are really bad.

Oh Karla, thanks for mentioning this!  I had forgotten!!!  The year I belonged to Curves was the year before I retired from a very high paced, stressful job and I was bound and determined to lose 50 pounds before I ended that year.  I knew if I stayed up, I was going to eat something...maybe even the kitchen sink...or whatever I could find that was edible...whether I liked it or not! There were many nights that I wanted to eat a snack sooo baaad that the only thing I could do to avoid it was to go to bed...LOL!  So, I really do know that feeling!  

I have learned now to give myself an "acceptable" evening snack, like the Dreyers Fruit Bars @ 25 calories or the Skinny Cow Fudge Bar @ 100 calories.  I determine which one, by how many calories I have consumed already that day. I need something a little "sweet" in the evening to cap off my day (and I absolutely can't have chocolate candy in the house).   I am sure there are other options that could fit the bill for you if these don't seem right to you.

BTW, isn't it great that we have each other for friends here!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:59 PM

zoetc49:
I LOVE my Fit Bit !! With it I am seeing that I often walk around 2-3 miles without my work out. Today I am off 2 miles because I have been cleaning files- yuk !! But all is done that I have wanted to get done. Now, I have room for more ..lol  

I would love to have a FitBit, but honestly haven't resorted to that...yet.  When it's that or something for quilting, I will go for the quilting first.  But, I still would love to have one.  Two of my sons have them and love them.  The youngest has lost 88 # since last July...toward his goal of 100 # by July 2013 - using MFP & FitBit.

Winthrop, WA

Page 83 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use