Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 80 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,644
Points 52,515
Ginny replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:33 AM

Do your shoes have a good supportive arch in them?  I know that I used to have a high arch, but now my feet are , I don't know, just giving up I guess and I am having pain on the bottom of 1 foot or the other. The Dco says my arches are falling and I need very good arch support in my shoes or orthotics.  That may be what is going on with you.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Well, well, well.  I didn't know this link was here.  wonderful!!  I have been working away on my own and while I am doing well on the walking, as one person said, my portion control is controling me.  My feet were getting pounded out with all the walking so I have ordered orthotics.  Then I pulled out the new hiking  boots I bought to replace my very old very comprtable ones.  What a difference.   I should have tried them a long time ago.  My old boots still seemed fine the orthotics should help with that.  On the diet.  whenever I try to diet I get hungry, really really hungry.  I know its my head not my stomache but I will have to work around that. I have lost  30 pounds since Jan 1 and have been able to get into clothes that havent fit in some time.  Yea me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,644
Points 52,515
Ginny replied on Thu, May 2 2013 9:20 AM

Yea  Vivian on the weight loss.   Wish I could say the same, unfortunately I have had the opposite experience since the first of the year and now I have to get back at it.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625

Well I can't say its because of will power or good planning on my part.  my husband and I separated and as I am not a stress eater off came a lot of the weigh.  now i have platued (sp) so I am going to have to watch what I eat carefully as most of the meetings I have these days are over meals.  Pluse I seem to get cravings and not for veggies either.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 225
Jessica replied on Thu, May 2 2013 9:33 AM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but there is an amazing website that helps provide tips, recipes, support, and tracks progress. I only know this because I, unfortunately, have been put into a situation where bariatric surgery has become a MUST for me. I have such bad acid reflux that it is destroying my voice. I work as a customer service representative on the phone for 8 hours a day/40 hours a week. With my voice the way it has been, and it's been this way since January, I have been out on short-term disability. I was supposed to go for a Nissan surgery in March, but the surgeon denied me due to my weight (although I do not look that overweight, I am considered to be morbidly obese due to my BMI, which made the surgery a MAJOR RISK). Since I have started using this site (which has been for about 2 weeks), I have already lost 8 pounds!!! So, give this site a try, and let me know what you think and the results that you get...by the way, it's comletely FREE and it is also highly recommended my bariatric surgeon and nutrionist. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to hearing from you!

www.myfitnesspal.com

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 225
Jessica replied on Thu, May 2 2013 9:41 AM

Vivian :

Well I can't say its because of will power or good planning on my part.  my husband and I separated and as I am not a stress eater off came a lot of the weigh.  now i have platued (sp) so I am going to have to watch what I eat carefully as most of the meetings I have these days are over meals.  Pluse I seem to get cravings and not for veggies either.

Vivian,

I am stress eater as well. I have found that by eating 3 meals a day plus 3 snacks a day, I feel full longer. Some of my favorite foods, chinese especially, have been cut out from my diet, but I can't really say as though I miss it. I have worked a lot lately on behavior modification and have gotten to the point that when I feel "hungry" due to stress, I will either drink a glass of water, have a snack if it's that time, or go for a walk. I also went out and purchased a ton of snacks that are healthy (yogurt, 80 calorie special k chips, and 100 calorie oreo cookies). The great thing is that I can eat any one of those items for a snack and not feel guilty about it.

Also, I posted a website a few minutes ago that I think you might find very helpful, if you haven't visited it yet. It will provide a lot of support and tips that are very helpful! I wish you the best of luck and just keep thinking how great you feel each time you lose a pound (remember, 1 pound lost is 1 pound that wasn't gained or maintained)!!!

Jess

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:07 AM

Jessica--I found that site on my phone first.  I wanted an app that would let me track my food on the go.  It's really cool that I can also access it from the computer and print out all my activity.  I'm going to review it with my chiro tonight when I go see him.  He's really huge into body building and being healthy and has been after me for a while to do something about it.  I keep telling him that I'm trying, but no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to change anything.  I'm really beginning to think there is something else going on.  My weight is really pooling around my belly--I look like I have a beer gut now and it's very frustrating and depressing.

I'm going to increase my exercising to twice a day for about 30 minutes each session and see if that will help.  I do Zumba three times a week and an on either the treadmill or elliptical two days a week.  That's during the week.  On Saturdays, I'm out and about off and on all day long. This weekend I'll be in St Louus for my son's football game.  LONG drive because we aren't saying overnight at all.  UGH!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 225
Jessica replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:26 AM

Have you had your thyroid tested, Susie?  It could also be polyps. If you haven't already, you may want to take to your HMO and see what he/she says. You have to do what's BEST for you and avoid discouraging yourself. The biggest thing is, If you're not losing weight with everything that you're already doing, you may want to make sure that you're eating the right amount of calories each day (do not eat any less or your body will go into starvation mode) and check with your doctor to make sure that you are completely healthy. Keep me posted on what you find out!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 2 2013 4:09 PM

There are several of us here that started using myfitnesspal.com in January this year to help with our weightloss and fitness goals...including me.  It has really helped me a lot!  

My goal has been to lose an average of 1 pound a week, but I was sick for most of January so got off to a very poor start.  For that reason, I can fairly say I didn't really didn't get started until February 1st.  So, I now have completed three months (Feb-April)...and have lost 11.8 pounds - just short of twelve.  I really want this to be a life-style change for me, not a diet per se...I want to continue balancing my caloric intake with my caloric burn (exercise)...so that I lose weight slowly until I reach my goal weight and then can modify slightly to an easy maintenance level...still monitoring caloric intake and burn levels.  

So far, MFP's is working exceedingly well for me (with a few hic-ups on my part) and I have referred several friends to it!  

p.s.  If you do join MFP, be sure and send me a friend request (drbonn) so we can support one another!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,031
Points 368,952
Kris replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:58 PM

Well we completed the "Biggest Loser" challenge here at work. Our team finished second. I got a certificate. I lost 7.23% of my starting weight. I haven't been on a scale since the last weigh in (don't own one) but I'm sure I haven't regained it.

I'm still working on making healthy choices. Exercise has been reduced to very light stretching as my muscle spasms got really bad. I was in bed for a week taking valium and Vicodin. I'm upright again but not close to 100%. I'll be seeing another new doctor on Monday. 

Congratulations to those who continue to maintain or lose.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, May 2 2013 10:09 PM

Kris:

Well we completed the "Biggest Loser" challenge here at work. Our team finished second. I got a certificate. I lost 7.23% of my starting weight. I haven't been on a scale since the last weigh in (don't own one) but I'm sure I haven't regained it.

I'm still working on making healthy choices. Exercise has been reduced to very light stretching as my muscle spasms got really bad. I was in bed for a week taking valium and Vicodin. I'm upright again but not close to 100%. I'll be seeing another new doctor on Monday. 

Congratulations to those who continue to maintain or lose.

Congratulations Kris to you and your team for getting 2nd place!  That is great!!!  And, 7.23% of your starting weight in (what?) four months???  That's really very good.  

I just figured what mine would be and it's 6.72%...but I AM a *few* years older than you.  And we all know it gets harder to lose weight as the years pile on.  At least right now that seems like a very good reason to me...LOL!  Not that I am competitive or anything...just kidding!  

You really should be proud, that is a great number!

Also, so sorry that you have had to deal with those muscle spasms again.  I hope this new doctor will find a solution for you.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Kris, great job, hope the new doc can help you

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 735

Great results!

We're doing a Summer Slimdown Challenge at work and 25 of the participants are in my department. So, from May 3 until July 3 we are competing in teams of 5 for various categories (highest % of weightloss, highest team weight loss, best team name....etc). Since I've lost 28 pounds since January and I'm approaching my goal weight - hoping this will encourage me to increase activity to keep the weight loss going to support my team - I should be at goal (10 more pounds) by the end of it!

Not wanting to count my pounds before they're lost, but that would put me back to "pre-baby" weight (he's only 37 now...) - if I make that, then my next goal is to get back to where I was when I starting working at the University. Been here 26 years and gained about 50 pounds - want to retire at my "original" weight and then maybe I'll shoot for wedding day weight for our 42nd anniversary.....and on it goes!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:40 AM

Robin Martin:
One of the lessons was on calories. 
                      Thanks Robin, I new some of this but not all I am going to try it out as I will be joining WW Wednesday and want to avoid the plateaus if I can.     Susan 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Sat, May 4 2013 10:43 AM

SuzyCraftMaker:
Since I've lost 28 pounds since January
                   Way to go suzy !!!    Keep up the "Hard" work and good luck with the challenge. Keep us posted on your progress.   Susan

Page 80 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 78 79 80 81 82 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use