Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 79 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:48 AM

Patti:

Day 1 was good.   Keeping myself busy with home projects and mostly quilting helps.

Good job, Patti!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:49 AM

Debbie:

and I havent lost any more weight but haven't gained either so in maintenance and need to kick it back into losing mode.  Today's walking helped.  I'm up to almost 11,000 steps in just 2 days, will see tomorrow how many I did today. 

Debbie, way to go...and way to lose!  Keep it up!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,282
Points 28,975
Agnes replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:56 PM

delete

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:34 PM

Great work everyone, wether you lost, or maintained. I only lost about a pound in March.  I don't know why but it seems like it is a very difficult month.  My energy is low, and I've developed a spur on my heel. It's painful.  I'm seeing the doctor in about a month so in the meantime, I need to manage this.  Any ideas?

my goal is to increase my weight exercise in the month of April, and try to walk some.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:48 PM

Angele:

Great work everyone, wether you lost, or maintained. I only lost about a pound in March.  I don't know why but it seems like it is a very difficult month.  My energy is low, and I've developed a spur on my heel. It's painful.  I'm seeing the doctor in about a month so in the meantime, I need to manage this.  Any ideas?

my goal is to increase my weight exercise in the month of April, and try to walk some.

Angele,  Sorry to hear you are having this problem.  Have you tried new insoles (or heel pads) in your shoes?  Most sporting goods stores carry quality insoles that give more and better cushioning.  I like ones called "Super Feet", but don't know if it is available in your area.  In fact, I swear by them!  I use them in my ski books, hiking books, walking shoes, etc.

Do you have access to an exercise bike?  That would give you a great workout without putting any stress on your heel.  (I doubt a regular bicycle would be an option in your area yet this spring.)  Another option might be yoga.  It's not as aerobic, but it does really help with muscle toning.

You'll get through this as long as you control you calorie intake while your exercising is limited. MFP will really be your friend during this!!! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 3:10 PM

Doing well today and getting exercise too!  I have stuck with it every day since Wednesday.  I know I can do it now.  I am on my way to a healthier me.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:09 PM

Patti:

Doing well today and getting exercise too!  I have stuck with it every day since Wednesday.  I know I can do it now.  I am on my way to a healthier me.

Glad to hear this Patti!  Thanks for trying to link up 12Months.  I hope she finds this thread...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 1:16 PM

Happy May Day everyone!  Finally, we are starting to warm up again here in the beautiful Methow Valley...we've had frost the last two nights and very windy conditions.  The forecast is for the 80's by the weekend, so maybe summer will be here before spring has even a chance...but that is the Methow:  frost one day and 80's/90's the next...LOL!  Hard to garden with these conditions!!!

Hope all of you are continuing with your journey to a healthier lifestyle through better food choices and more exercise.  This month has been a real struggle for me...lots of family related stress, ten days of traveling, plus the weather...yuk!  If it wasn't for the beautiful wildflowers and quilting, I would be in major trouble!!!

So, the bottom-line for me is that I did not do as well as I had hoped, but actually better than I have a right to expect - considering.  I did manage to tweak out a small loss of two pounds (for the whole month [my goal is 4]) and a total body loss of 3.25 inches - since April 1st.  My BMI is also down a bit to 26.5 due to the small weight loss....every pound helps.  I started out at a BMI of 28.4 and my goal is to be under 25.0 (which is considered just below the "over-weight" (and into the healthy) range for my height and age.

Being accountable to all of you, has really helped me to keep focused on my goal (in spite of this last month...lol).  And, I promise all of you (and myself) I will do better this next month.  I want another four + pounds off this body really REALLY bad!!!!!  

I look forward to hearing from all of you about how your April progressed and how you are doing on your journey to a more fit you!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,550
Points 23,460
Susie replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:01 PM

Congrats Donna!

Me? I'm stuck...I have been tracking what I'm eating, and am very close to my 1200 calories on most days.  And I'm exercising at least 4x per week..  But the scale hasn't moved in 5 weeks...and I"m not losing any inches either, at least based on how my clothes feel.

It's frustrating!  And I'm starting to wonder if my thyroid levels are out of whack again, or if there is something else going on.  I guess it's time to go visit my doctor.  Dang, but I hate doing that.

Any suggestions?

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, May 1 2013 2:53 PM

Susie, have you tried eating 1400 calories for a week and then dropping back down to 1200? (This doesn't mean junk food...lol, but good nutritious, healthy food!  Same as if you were on a diet of 1400 calories.) Sometimes that week off will give your body what it needs to react to the calorie loss when you drop back to 1200.  

BTW, depending on your body size, type, etc.  1200 calories is generally minimal (for women) for daily living...even without exercise.  So you may have been putting yourself into "starvation mode" and that is why your body is retaining all the calories you are eating.

Just a thought...  Give the week at 1400 calories a try and see what happens...  You might give yourself a jump-start!

Good Luck and let us know how it goes,

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, May 1 2013 6:10 PM

I have been off again, on again.  But no more traveling for a couple months, so I should make progress the next couple weeks. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

I have stayed the same on my weight loss, still struggling makeing myself eat enough,  I v'e been doing alot of yard work so maybe that will kick it back in gear

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Wed, May 1 2013 9:40 PM

I am proud to say I have stayed the same on my weight but ready to kick it up a notch and start losing again.  Plan to put phase 2 in action after my birthday.  decided to take a month and just practice maintaining.  it has not been hard except for keeping up walking on the treadmill, have had some feet issues that keep me from getting up and walking a steady solid 30 minutes but may have to push through and do it anyway.  dr injected the spot in Jan but it has come back and I don't want another injection - that hurts!  it was on top of my foot just above the arch. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

Just caught this post today.  Sounds like we all have the same problems with weight loss.  I'm 58 and it was much easier at 20 to lose a few pounds than it is now.  I was reading one post here about changing up your calories.  I worked in the weightloss business for 5 years.  We did fills for the lap band that was so popular.  I taught classes on how to jump start weightloss.  One of the lessons was on calories.  You should never drop below 800 calories or go over 2000 calories, but average for the week 1200 cal per day.  So one day, eat 1000 cal, the next 1800, then down to 900 then up to 1500.  If you eat exactly 1200 every day, your body gets used to it and settles in for a nap.  When you change up the calories, you body doesn't know what you are going to do tomorrow, so it will burn extra cal.  One really good piece of advice I heard was to drink really cold water.  Your body burns more calories just to warm it up.  Drinking water is really important.  Find a 1 cup measure and drink it on the top of every hour.  Its really not that much when you put it in a measuring cup.  Facing a big 32oz jug is a bit intimidating. 

I lost 75 pounds with the lap band.  Then I got Whooping Cough (get those tdap shots) and had to take all the fill out and gained it all back and then some.  I had to have my band taken out, but have lost 60 pounds just eating small portions.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, so its difficult to exercise.  I weeded flower beds for an hour and paid for it for 2 days with major hip pain.  I need an exercise machine that will grab me when I walk by and throw my butt on it.  I need to lose about 45 more pounds.  I know the weightloss will be good for me.

Robin-Snohomish, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Thu, May 2 2013 7:21 AM

Robin,  I am with you , I need an exercise machine that will reach out and grab me as I walk by.  Sitting for most of the winter has put the weight loss I had last summer right back on.   Ginny

Page 79 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use