Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 74 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:02 AM

Linda:
I'm not allowed any form of exercise other than walk Indy.

Linda have you asked your doctor about doing some light chair exercises - done while sitting in a chair? As these are generally not weight bearing, they might be acceptable for you.  Just a thought...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:21 AM

Wow, what a surprise when I weighed this morning - down anogher 1.5 #s.  That brings me to 20 #s total since Jan 1.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:33 PM

Debbie:

Wow, what a surprise when I weighed this morning - down anogher 1.5 #s.  That brings me to 20 #s total since Jan 1.

Fantastic Debbie!!!  Good Job!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,441
Points 38,480
Linda replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 7:29 PM

Donna B:

Linda:
I'm not allowed any form of exercise other than walk Indy.

Linda have you asked your doctor about doing some light chair exercises - done while sitting in a chair? As these are generally not weight bearing, they might be acceptable for you.  Just a thought...

Yes I've asked and  I'm allowed nothing. I can't even go back to the chiropractor. She has allowed the deep tissue massage therapy to continue. I have a 30% bone loss from osteoporosis plus my fractured pelvis and vertabrae could not be operated on at the time of my accident and the way they healed leaves me extremely fragile so she is being over cautious, I had 2 phys therapy sessions before the last fall and I was in excrusiating pain.from that. When asked what my pain level is on a scale of 1-10, my answer is always a 12 or higher. I can't even sit or stand up straight anymore. And my ankles and legs swell so bad that sometimes I can barely walk and someday I can't get shoes on.

I used to do Tai Chi from a sitting position, but I can barely turn my body anymore. I appreciate your thoughts tho.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:04 PM

thought yesterday's weight must have been a fluke but weighed myself this mornng and down again which means I'm losing without trying.  now it has me worried.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:52 PM

Debbie, this is great!!  Congratulations.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:55 PM

Debbie:

thought yesterday's weight must have been a fluke but weighed myself this mornng and down again which means I'm losing without trying.  now it has me worried.   

Well Debbie, if you are worried, then go see a doctor. They will so tests and figure things out for you I hope.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:06 PM

Angele:

Debbie:

Well Debbie, if you are worried, then go see a doctor. They will so tests and figure things out for you I hope.

Debbie, I agree with Angele...if you are truly worried, you should get in to see your doctor.  Do you have any indication your current pain could have anything to do with your weight loss?  If you do, I would insist upon a doctor's appointment asap!!!  

Tell them you are having "unexplained weight loss".  That should get the receptionists' attention! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:20 PM

I just returned from our annual Kiwanis' Fund Raiser Event, the "Bite of the Methow".  Most of you probably have something similar in your area...I know there are huge "Bites of Seattle" and "Bites of Portland" events.  Our little event is small by comparison, but huge for our little valley.  It's combined with a regular and silent auction of donated items to raise funds for Kiwanis projects for the next year.

As you can imagine, the Restaurants and Caterers here go all out for this event!  But, I was prepared psychologically and had eaten lightly for breakfast and lunch earlier plus had taken a one hour walk before the event.  I had 10 tickets in my hand and filled my plate with mostly protein and vegetable dishes with 7 tickets and 1 luscious dessert (1 ticket) and did not use my remaining 2 tickets. (You cannot believe how many dessert items I passed up!!!!!)  There were some carbs thrown in there (on my plate), so my estimate is probably between 600-700 calories for my meal, but I can live with that...for today only!  It was all delicious and for a very good cause!!! 

Plus, I plan to have a double-exercise morning tomorrow...an early one hour ski (probably the last of the season)  then a good long walk on dry ground after that.  So, hopefully, I will burn off most if not all of the calorie gain from tonight.  

Wishing you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,609
Points 27,095
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 7:49 AM

Debbie:

No worry there ladies, I will be going to the dr.  but remember, it was just one day so I most likely worried needlessly.  Sometimes, I do that.  this week is spring break here so getting in to see my doctor isn't an option. he takes off with his kids and can't say I fault him for that. 

and then I thought about it more and my stomach has been torn up lately, so been going more and that may account for the weight loss.  I have IBS so doesn't take much to get me out of normal, whatever my normal is. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 6:40 PM

Debbie just to put our mind at ease I guess, talk to a nutritionist, or to a nurse practionner if you can't see your doctor. It could be your IBS acting up because of the changes in your diet. It could also be so ething else.  Just make sure to keep us posted OK? 

We had a great March break and I walked outside everyday but one, as I went shopping instead...I still walked though. Today was 80 min os walking in the snow. There is still at least three feet of the white stuff in the bush so walking on the skidoo trails made it a bit easier...it was like snowshoeing without the extra weight. I'm hoping to keep this activity up except Tuesday as it is my turn to cook for our quilting group.  Yes you are right, as I read each of your success and stumbles, I see that I'm not alone. It also gives me the kick in the pants I need to get up and go.  I love exercising...it's the first step for me.  After that I'm on fire.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:15 AM

As expected, I didn't lose anything this last week...probably due to our "Bite of the Methow" meal Saturday night...LOL!  I tried to keep the calories down, but obviously not enough.  And, if it had been Friday night instead of Saturday, I might have had time to burn off those calories before weighing in this morning.

But, the good news is...taa daa... I didn't gain anything either!!!  Not even one tenth of an ounce!  So, now it's time to get back on track and keep the calorie intake an burn balance in control.

And one more positive:  When I was xc skiing yesterday (probably the last ski of this season), I felt significantly "lighter".  Now admittedly I am only 7 pounds lighter, but when skate-skiing uphill I could feel the difference - honestly and truly - and it felt really great!  (I had seven less pounds to carry up that hill...LOL!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:43 AM

I promised to get on the scale this morning and I did.  Of the 15 lbs. I lost, I gained back 3.9 lbs. over the last few weeks of my struggles.  Can't tell what the rest of the week will be like but I have the type of food in the house that will allow me to stay off track.  I think maybe I'll try to eat those foods sparingly instead of all at once, which is the norm for me, and see where that takes me.  I've always had a problem with portion control and maybe I should try to conquer that.  I'm at a loss right now, having emotional problems.  No promises except to weigh in again on next Monday.

Congratulations to those still trying and succeeding to stay healthy and those of you who are struggling like me and still trying.  Wishing everyone a healthy week.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:43 AM

Marie, I always eat what i want,  but i do use portion control.   But i don't buy things i have a big weakness for,   like potato chips,   I still have only loss 12lbs been stuck there for a month now, need to figure out what to do next lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm joing the group who weigh exactly the same as last week. I was down a couple of pounds, but had a REALLY fun weekend I do not regret a bit. I am headed to Boston this weekend for my daughter's baby shower after the fact. I should finally get to meet my new twin grandbabies.

I'm still working getting more active, still on the night shift due to a co-worker's injury. Next week - back on day shift. I will be going to physical therapy two days a week right after work for my arm, it seems to be locked in position and the doctor is worried I will not regain full range of motion if I don't get it working soon.

I need to chime in on the portion control, food in the house chat. I am terrible at portion control, so I try to eat a lot of salads and veggies where it is not so important. I also just do not have food in my house that is not healthy, because I WILL eat it, usually just as fast as I can. I live alone, with my three furbabies, and literally do not have a single can in the house, well, I did quit eating from cans a few years ago due to the BPA. No chips, cookies, ice cream, I do like sugar free popsicles though. Point is I go to the grocery store 3-4 times a week  for veggies, protein, and fruit. I just have totally gotten out of the stock up food mentality. I would not be able to survive in the event of a disaster :-D.  It is easy for me as there is a grocery store about 1.5 miles away at either end of my street, along with McDonald's, pizza, mexican, and chinese, Yikes!  At least I can pass these by and just go to the grocery store.

Have a good week everyone.  

Page 74 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use