Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 73 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:13 AM

Star:
It feels good to be back on track. I am cast and splint free. I have started back walking, I'm still slow, but am getting out there.

Welcome back Star!  It sounds like you are indeed back on the right track...good for you.  Just keep moving every day and watch what you are eating (as long as your not watching the junk food go in...lol) and you will succeed.  

Good to have you back and we look forward to hearing from you often,

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:23 AM

Debbie:
Donna B - I love Skinny Cow ice cream, have you tried their candies?  very good and wrapped in portion sizes also. 

Debbie, no I haven't seen Skinny Cow candies here.  For a small community of 5,000 our two grocery stores are amazing (due to the tourists), but there is a limit to what they stock.  I'll have to look for them the next time I go to the "big city".  But as Agnes reminded me, I don't want to stock up on anything that even looks/smells like a treat because if I have 5 "treat size" portions on hand, I will probably eat them...in one day! Maybe I will buy one in the big city - just to try it!

Great job on your Challenge!  I sympathize with your back pain (I've been having similar issues lately) but we will get through this.  Just keep moving as best you can and it will all work out in the end.  Best of luck, I know you can do it!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:42 AM

Agnes:

Donna B:
Do you have Skinny Cow ice cream products in Canada?

Donna, we do but knowing myself they are best left in the store. Portion becomes a relative thing. Younger son's ginger snap portion always was the number he could hold using thumb and first finger as clamp. It didn't take long to empty the cookie jar.

Agnes...LOL...This is so funny to me!!!  For over a year(several really)  I have had a rule that no M&M's enter my house...period!!!  Because I have absolutely NO self-control when it comes to those little chocolate and peanut morsels...NONE!  So, I have rule Number 2 - I can only have a small package of M&M's after I work-out...whether it is xc skiing, yoga, our senior exercise class, walking, hiking, etc. etc. etc.  Well, one small package is 250 calories all by its lonesomeness.  Eventually, that small package (somehow) turned into the next larger size (the "share" size) which is roughly twice as large or around 500 calories.  And I was eating it all by myself...no sharing allowed...lol!  Needless to say, I was sabotaging every calorie I was burning with the exercise by "enjoying" those little morsels for about 5-10 minutes.  SAD, but true!!!   

So, that has stopped - since January 1 - and I honestly think that is the main reason I am now starting to lose some weight!!!  NO M & M's !!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:38 AM

I have been back on track this week, starting to feel better, not so sluggish

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:30 AM

I had another good walk yesterday. It wasn't as long as the previous few. I figured out during the morning that my knee issue is not the knee, just the sciatic nerve back in overdrive. So I have been massaging it with heat rub and then settling down for it to work in. As a result the leg was much better behaved.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:56 AM

You know Agnes, that is what popped up in my mind when you said yesterday that you weren't really certain that the problem was in your knee.  I wondered if it might be sciatic problem.  Sounds like you are working to resolve that.  Keep on keeping on.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:40 PM

I did  so much better on my trip to Spokane this week.  Today has been a good day as well, (as long as I don't eat anymore).   Tomorrow DH and I take off a for a few days to do some bird watching.  (had to think of something to do other than just drive,)  So now my challenge is to only eat healthy and not snack on the trip. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:21 PM

Patti:
Tomorrow DH and I take off a for a few days to do some bird watching.

A friend just told me today that there were a whole bunch of meadowlarks up on the hill above our house this morning near Gunn Ranch Road!  There is a swampy area there and I am sure that is why cause we haven't seen any here (too dry down on our bench).  

Sounds like you are getting the "traveling while eating healthy" down so I bet you will do fine.  I will be having that challenge in early April, so let me know your tips and tricks...LOL!

BTW Patti, have you seen the emails I've forwarded to you regarding a Quilt Day (10am-8pm) in Twisp in late May???  Hope you will be able to join us!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:47 PM

just walked 6.2 miles. It felt great.  the strength training today was very intence.

69 days to Marathon woo hoo!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:13 AM

Wendy, keep up the good work!  It will be worth it...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:46 PM

I haven't dropped out but still struggling.  Couldn't face the scale on Monday so I can't say how much I gained.  Will force myself to get on this coming Monday so I hope that will keep me doing what I should be doing.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:40 PM

walked another 5 miles today.  Am sitting here with a hot pack on my back and Ice on the knee. Boy am I sore.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:38 PM

Wendy :

walked another 5 miles today.  Am sitting here with a hot pack on my back and Ice on the knee. Boy am I sore.

Maybe you should start out a little more gradually???  Obviously your body isn't happy with what you are asking it to do without any preparation, ie build-up.

Why don't you try 2 or 3 miles for a couple of days and see if your body tolerates that better.  If everything is doing OK, up it by an additional 1/2 mile to 1 mile. If everything is OK after a few days of 3-4 miles per day, then keep increasing in small increments.   If your body starts objecting, drop back a little for a few days and then keep gradually increasing your mileage up.  I'm sure you'll have much better results and less pain doing it this way.

Sorry, but we're just too old to jump in with both feet like we did when we were in our 20's and 30's...LOL!!!  (At least I am!!!!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:44 PM

The only time I get on here is to report lost weight. I started out at 167 and I'm down to 152. I'm not allowed any form of exercise other than walk Indy. And since I started falling last Sept. I can't even do that. All we do is walk in the back yard. I was put on a soft diet because of acid reflux and other digestive issues. I find if I watch my weight too closely, I never loose it at all. So you won't see me much because I don't check my weight very often, If I watch it frequently, I don't seem to loose anything. Good luck to the rest of you.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:09 PM

Didn't do so well today, had a brownie AND candy!  and then ice cream cone tonight, especially after DH came home with new car he traded his in for.  Not real happy with him but what can I do?  had him too long to retrain, I guess. 

ok, tomorrow's a new day.  wish we could figure out what is causing my middle back pain, right between my shoulder blades.  can't sew or type more than 5-7 minutes before I have to get up and walk around.  Very long 4 hours at work tonight, can't sit still for the pain.  don't go back to the dr till Apr 10th unless I get called for a cancellation earlier.  Let's hope and pray that happens.  Haven't been on treadmill in almost 2 weeks because of this.  never have had pain like this before. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 73 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use