Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 71 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Sue, great job

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:04 AM

Jennifer:

Hello all,

I've been reading all the post and they are amazing! Do you mind if I join in? I've gained about 50 + pounds on my 5'4" frame in a 1 1/2 years, due to some injuries and the meds. I would love to lose it. I'm better at being accountable to others than I am to myself.

Jennifer

Jennifer, of course - we would love to have you join us!  Jump right in...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:07 AM

SuzyCraftMaker:

Doctor's appointment today for a diabetes check up. The most important thing (to me) was to get on that scale and see where I am...

December 196

February 184

March 177

I'm excited and hope I can keep it up. Need to add in more exercise so that I don't cut back on my calories too much. I'm halfway there....18 pounds more and I'll be at the top range of my "healthy" weight.

Suzy, WOW...double WOW!!!  Fantastic Job!  Get your doctors input, but yes, I would say adding some exercise would be very helpful to maintain muscle mass while you target losing fat stores.  That way you can moderate you calorie intake somewhat while still losing weight.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,965
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:35 PM

To all of you great job getting back on track.  Yep I went over my calorie intake yesterday and today! On the other hand, I managed to run while pulling a sled. My student was so happy! After 20 minutes though I was done in!   Today I went for a nice walk in the fresh snow.  Hard walk but good for the soul.  This coming week is our spring break.  So I plan to exercise, walk AND sew to my heart's content.

Marie, Donna, Kris, Suzy, Brandy and sorry for the ones I forgot, you are doing the best thing possible. Taking care of your health and getting more energy. Most days it would be way easier to say I'm taking a break and I'm sitting.  But we take time to exercise our body and change out eating habits so we feel better.  It is normal to slip, but I think the best thing is that we get back on track immediately.  I love being able to share my goal, my fears with you all. It has helped me all along.  See you Monday.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:31 PM

Angele:
 I love being able to share my goal, my fears with you all. It has helped me all along.

Angele, perfectly said...  

We are all in this challenge we call life together and helping each other is the best way through it!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,965
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:43 PM

Thanks Donna! I know it really helped me to go past my wall.  I hit that wall consistently for over a year and figured that I would never be able to find myself.  Being able to share here helped.  I don't want to go to meetings once a week and announce I lost or I gained.  But here, I feel comfortable to say today I messed up or today I feel great! I know that I will get support and encouragement when I need it the most.  Thanks to all.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:54 PM

Well, I have to say exercising the last week or so has been rather frustrating for me.  Now that we are in to spring skiing conditions, that means the ski trails warm up quickly in the morning and they get mushy (I call it "sucky"), the skis don't glide well and you really have to use your arms to push more to get any glide (on each ski).  Now normally this just increases the workout, but for me, it really is causing pain in my lower spine.  When the snow is firm, I can just ski without poles to avoid the pain, but not in "sucky" snow...you just bog down!!!  

The only real option is to ski "very early" ( I am not very good at moving early in the morning due to my arthritis) or stop skiing.   Today we had a "Spring Ski Celebration" event at which I was a volunteer helper (setting up food) and then skiing with a group of skiers at 11:00am - before lunch.  Well, you guessed it - it was "sucky" snow by that time and I was failing fast!  We ended up only skiing 8 K!  But, at least it was 8 K, right???  

I think I will need to start walking our road shortly - not very interesting, but a steep hill...down and up, down and up...sigh!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,965
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:00 PM

Donna I'm sure walking will be better for you than pushing with the poles and causing yourself pain. Now do you have a friend to walk with!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:19 PM

Angele:

Donna I'm sure walking will be better for you than pushing with the poles and causing yourself pain. Now do you have a friend to walk with!

On our hill???  There is always the dog...or DH...take your pick...LOL!  I'm joking, of course!  

Actually DH is starting to jump on the band-wagon about losing some weight too (and he needs to also).  He was just talking about working up to running our road every day...I'll have to see that to believe it (didn't say that to him), but it is a good goal.

And the dog is always happy to go for a walk, no matter what...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:34 PM

This week has been a total bust for me,  but i will get back on track

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:49 PM

In early April I will be going to the Oregon Coast for a " Sister's Get-Away", so for a few days I will be able to do lots of walking there - hopefully on the beach (weather permitting).  We are staying in a nice Condo unit that has an exercise room, so if the weather is crappy, I still can use their equipment.

I will keep moving through the next few weeks...just need to whine a little...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 600
Points 10,405
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:52 PM

I have gotten off track for three weeks. Today I was eating smores Girl Scouts cookies and I realized that two of them had 150 calories, yes I still ate them. Then as i completed the box- me alone- I realized that I could have eaten about 8 apples for the same calories, the 8 apples would have filled me up though.

I also got into weight lifting, it feels great and it helps bring up your resting metabolism. 

Sunday, I will get back on track...this time I will, I hope...... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 10:58 PM

zoetc49:

I also got into weight lifting, it feels great and it helps bring up your resting metabolism. 

Sunday, I will get back on track...this time I will, I hope...... 

Good for you!  Just keep remembering how good it feels to be eating right and exercising.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 10:00 AM

Add me to the "has had a bad week" list.  Last week I ate out of happiness!  I celebrated Tyler's birth with food and more food.  Go figure!  Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in.  Will try to have a better day today.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,276
Points 28,915
Agnes replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 10:14 AM

I am keeping the weight pretty well even but things are just not good. I have so much to deal with right now. Best move lat week was walking over 2 miles to the first lawyer appointment of a long process to deal with my son's estate. I would have walked back home but the left hip and knee were talking to me pretty loudly.

Despite all that it is great to check in here so that I do not forgot my resolve to lose at least a bit of weight.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 71 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 69 70 71 72 73 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use