Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 69 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:51 PM

Angele:
Today I went for a 4mile walk.  Did it in an hour and my poor dog is just done in! It was about 26F nice and crisp.

Good job!!!  Were you walking on snow, using snow-shoes or do you have bare ground in some places now?  That is a great pace...15 minutes per mile!!!  Faster than me...LOL!  I've had to slow down my pace in the last year...doctor's orders.  

Angele:
So far in the first two months I've improved my eating habits.  I'm including some activity every day.  I will start adding weight bearing exercises during March break. I feel better.

With all the steps you are taking, it's logical you would feel better...and I am glad you are!!!  

Angele:
I just wish my weight dropped faster.  I just love eating too much.  Last time I checked I think my BMI was around 26 but will check all this tomorrow.

I think we all wish we could twitch our noses and the weight would just disappear, but sadly...'that ain't gonna happen'.  You don't want to take it off in a month or it will be right back the next month...LOL!   Better to take it slow and easy with a food plan that you can maintain for life so we can then keep it off forever.  

You're doing fantastic, so just keep it up and those pounds will be melting away...slowly but surely!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:55 PM

Hey Donna you're a great coach! As a cheerleader, you're the best!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,713
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:31 PM

Donna, I won't give up, thanks for caring.  I'll slip up now and then but I'll keep trying.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:36 PM

Perhaps you're starting to plateau a bit. I think your adjustments are added activity may get you over the hump. Keep up the good work. 

Kris - that was my thinking a day or two ago.  have to up my activity but not sure what.  Of course this Lite n up challenge will help.  be glad when it warms up here and I can start taking the dogs for a walk.  we have a park behind us, just go out my gate and I'm there.  But weather is suppose to be chilly again on Monday. 

Thank you to all who have made such wonderful words of encouragement, it really touches me how much you all care and you don't even know me outside this site.  Quilting truly makes us sisters in arms. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:50 PM

Debbie:
Kris - that was my thinking a day or two ago.  have to up my activity but not sure what. 

You could try something different. Your body might be used to what you're already doing. Sometimes it helps to switch things up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:55 PM

Donna,

I do my weigh in tomorrow. I haven't taken measurements but know I've lost inches by the fit of my clothing. I never did report a weight or BMI as that was not my focus but I have to do it for the group challenge. 

Today was a bad day for me. No exercise. I was having chest pain from my upper back muscle spasms. It hurt to move so I stayed on the couch. The muscle relaxer put me to sleep for a few hours. The pain has subsided but I'm still spasming. I think it's because I was shivering earlier. I'm wearing two coats and have a quilt covering my legs.

I'll be heading to bed soon. It's snowing here. Yuck.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:05 AM

Kris:

Today was a bad day for me. No exercise. I was having chest pain from my upper back muscle spasms. It hurt to move so I stayed on the couch. The muscle relaxer put me to sleep for a few hours. The pain has subsided but I'm still spasming. I think it's because I was shivering earlier. I'm wearing two coats and have a quilt covering my legs.

I'll be heading to bed soon. It's snowing here. Yuck.

Kris, sorry your so achy and having muscle spasms.  Could the dampness be a factor for you?  I know I never got warm in Seattle.  It is so damp there!  But moving to the dry-side of Washington has made a big difference for me.  In Seattle, I would be freezing at 68 degrees - here I am roasting at the same temperature. 

Are you using that hot water bottle with the cute cozzy to keep you warm!  Hope it helps at least a little...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:59 AM

Donna B:
Kris, sorry your so achy and having muscle spasms.  Could the dampness be a factor for you?  I know I never got warm in Seattle.  It is so damp there!  But moving to the dry-side of Washington has made a big difference for me.  In Seattle, I would be freezing at 68 degrees - here I am roasting at the same temperature. 

Are you using that hot water bottle with the cute cozzy to keep you warm!  Hope it helps at least a little...

Thanks Donna. I do think the weather plays a big role in my aches and pain. My doctors think I need to be in a different climate. When I visited leavenworth I felt fine even when it was cold (for me). I slept better there than I do here as well.

Yes, I have my hot water bottle on my side of the bed as well as a kitty who won't let me out of her sight.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 7:59 AM

Kris, I hope you woke up feeling warm and ache-free.  I'm such a wuss sometimes.  Even though we live on the edge of the prairies and surrounded by lakes, I have learned to dress up for the occasion.  Lately, I've been cold when I sew downstairs, so I bought a small space heater which really helps to warm up the floors and the air. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sew for any length of time.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 735

Just found this group - amazing women, all of you!

Debbie, I too have IBS. Some of those trigger foods are such a staple for dieting (raw veggies for example). Additionally I have been diabetic (type II) for 20 years and have kidney disease that limits my protein intake. Enough of excuses....

I have been on an altered lifestyle eating plan since January 15 and have lost 18 pounds. To get my BMI below the "overweight" category I must lose about 20 more pounds and would like to do that before our next cruise in July. Can't cut down much more on food and so I'm stepping up my activities. Have a pop-up on my desktop calendar that reminds me to get up and move at least twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon....this includes down and up a flight of stairs (and next week I graduate to 2 flights). Hoping this gets me back on track after a plateau.

Part of my motivation is my husband's most recent illness and his need to alter his eating which includes more fish (without deep-batter frying) and chicken and less salt. It really helps that I no longer have to cook two different meals each night.

Congratulations to all of you for sticking with this - I'm enjoying your journey through these posts.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:10 AM

SuzyCraftMaker:

Debbie, I too have IBS. Some of those trigger foods are such a staple for dieting (raw veggies for example). Additionally I have been diabetic (type II) for 20 years and have kidney disease that limits my protein intake. Enough of excuses....

I have been on an altered lifestyle eating plan since January 15 and have lost 18 pounds. To get my BMI below the "overweight" category I must lose about 20 more pounds and would like to do that before our next cruise in July. Can't cut down much more on food and so I'm stepping up my activities. Have a pop-up on my desktop calendar that reminds me to get up and move at least twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon....this includes down and up a flight of stairs (and next week I graduate to 2 flights). Hoping this gets me back on track after a plateau.

Part of my motivation is my husband's most recent illness and his need to alter his eating which includes more fish (without deep-batter frying) and chicken and less salt. It really helps that I no longer have to cook two different meals each night.

Congratulations to all of you for sticking with this - I'm enjoying your journey through these posts.

Hi Sue...hope you will try to post here more often.   We all have our challenges and obstacles to overcome and it looks like you are finding the ways to overcome yours.  And from what you said, your DH will benefit too...great!  Congratulations!

I like the idea of your pc pop-up reminder to get up and move!  Great Idea!!!  I strongly believe, keeping your body mobile and moving is really, really important.

We all need all the support and help we can get to move forward day to day (and minute to minute) on our individual journeys.

I hope to hear from you again soon,

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:33 PM

Angele:
Kris, I hope you woke up feeling warm and ache-free.

Warm but not ache free. Better than the day before though. I was able to do my yoga practice today. I used to keep a space heater in my sewing room but it died last winter. Haven't replaced it. I have one in the bedroom but it's too heavy to move up and down stairs.

Donna, I'm at 25.6 BMI according to my Wii (overweight).  I've lost 2.3 lbs since last week's weigh in which puts me at 9.5 lbs lost since I started.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:36 PM

SuzyCraftMaker:

Welcome Sue.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:46 AM

Kris:
Donna, I'm at 25.6 BMI according to my Wii (overweight).  I've lost 2.3 lbs since last week's weigh in which puts me at 9.5 lbs lost since I started.

Kris, woo hoo!  You are way ahead of me on the BMI and the weight loss!  Good Job!!!  

I am just creeping along here, but the numbers are going down - just slowly (more slowly than I like, but...).  My one number that I really like is that I have lost 3.75 inches around my waist since Jan 1.  I am very happy about that number!!!  Just wish the tummy and hips will follow along the same path more quickly...lol.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 2:02 AM

Thanks Donna. I think it's the exercise that's helping me as I haven't been good at changing my eating habits.

Page 69 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 67 68 69 70 71 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use