Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 68 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:20 AM

Debbie:

Do you "ingest' 4 Tablespoons a day?

Wow!  that's a half of glass of orange juice.  Have to use alot to get 4 Tbsp.  No way!

Not quite Debbie...4 Tablespoons equals 1/4 Cup. 

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:41 AM

Leslie :

I cook with olive oil all the time, just about all i cook with except for cocnut oi,  I take 2 tlbs of coconut oil every morn, and use it for skin and hair care

Isn't coconut oil wonderful? We use it in place of margarine in cake and brownie mixes. We would more of it but it's very expensive. I love the flavour. I've dribbled it on ice cream as well. I know that sounds nuts but it was good. Nice light crunch.

My hair loves it too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Kris, yes i love coconut oil,  and yes it is expensive, i get it at my local health food store, a 32 oz jar is 22.00.  but i think it is worth it.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:32 AM

Got on scales this morning and weighed 1.5 lb less.  that's my lowest so far and I've lost 15 according to my program but that makes16 lbs since Jan 1, which was the most I ever weighed.  been drinking lots more water, back to eating more salads and walking more at work.  I'm hoping to be one of the three to win $150 gift card.  so far, in the running. 

When I am doing inventory on the DVDs instead of using a cart to bring back 2 shelves of DVDs, I just carry a handful and make myself go get them more often, so more steps.  Our lite'n up challenge ends Mar 11th and then we have a Move it challenge to do more walking starting Apr 1.  each week has a certain number of steps, starts at 8,000 and goes up by 2000 each week with week 8 being 22,000.  I really was surprised the last time we did this, had a week of 40,000 steps.  we use an ActiPed, it electronically records your steps.  it also records whats walking and what's running.  this activity will have prizes weekly and also at the end. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:01 PM

Thought I better check inn today.  It's been almost a month so pardon me if I don't catch up on all the posts.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I walked 4.3 miles today.  The Marathone is 76 days from  today.

I have been out of commision for two weeks.  I tripped over the dog. It was not a pretty site!   I had the laptop in my hands so I didn't catch myself. The lap top is ok. it landed on DS#2 clothes hamper.  The dog and I did not fair as well. She is old and I'm not sure where I hurt her because it was dark. But she could hardly move when she got up off the floor.  Me, well I came down I my knee that I had fixed two years ago. it has a nice rug burn and is brused along the bottom of the knee cap, I bent my left big toe the wrong way and it was black and blue and it  hurt real bad. So I couldn't walk with the group for a week. They put me on the stationary bike. Now my rearend hurts from that. LOL The worst of it is that it messed my neck up again. For those of you who don't know, I was in back to back car wrecks in 1982 that damaged my neck.   So here we are again. I have whiplash from comming down on my elbow.  But hey I saved the lap top.

I can now walk and most of the brusing is gone. I can't do my strenght training at the gym for 3 more weeks. I have to give my neck time to heal.  I will ask my ortho to put me back in physical therapy ASAP.

Today's walk was wonderful. It is about 48 degrees and sunny.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:01 PM

Debbie:
Our lite'n up challenge ends Mar 11th and then we have a Move it challenge to do more walking starting Apr 1. 

Debbie,

I used to do the "Woman Challenge" each year. Your program sounds very similar. I wore my pedometer daily and recorded my steps and any other activity. This was translated to miles on a map It was fun to see how far I'd walked in the allotted time. They used to send out certificates at the end. The challenge still exists but I'm not sure what they do now.

Debbie:
Got on scales this morning and weighed 1.5 lb less.  that's my lowest so far and I've lost 15 according to my program but that makes16 lbs since Jan 1, which was the most I ever weighed.  been drinking lots more water, back to eating more salads and walking more at work.  I'm hoping to be one of the three to win $150 gift card.  so far, in the running.

I think you're doing well Debbie. Perhaps you're starting to plateau a bit. I think your adjustments are added activity may get you over the hump. Keep up the good work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:17 PM

Wendy :

I can now walk and most of the brusing is gone. I can't do my strenght training at the gym for 3 more weeks. I have to give my neck time to heal.  I will ask my ortho to put me back in physical therapy ASAP.

Today's walk was wonderful. It is about 48 degrees and sunny.

Wendy, I am so glad you are doing better after your fall.  But...the laptop was safe...LOL!  (In the end, buying a new laptop might have been cheaper than the doctor [and possibly the vet] bills...LOL!)

I am sure the PT will help and you still have time to get ready for your marathon.  Good Luck,

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:12 PM

OK gals (and guys if you are out there and I missed you), it's now a new month...March is here and time to check in with our progress!

I will apologize for not posting this yesterday (March 1st), but I had an early morning commitment and doing measurements just wasn't in the cards before I needed to be out the door.  So, March 2nd it is...hope you already have done your measurements and weigh-in for March and are just waiting for someone to start the ball rolling.

So, here are my statistics for March 1/2:

(This is all in relation to my original numbers as of January 1, 2013)

Weight loss - 5.8 #

Total Inches loss - 5.625 (3.0 since Feb 1)

BMI (Body Mass Index, ie fat-storage...lol)  loss - .9  ( I was [sigh] at 28.4 and now am at 27.5)  

If you don't know how to get this number, google " BMI calculator"...select one (they are all about the same) and enter your height, weight, and age and it will tell you your number.  This is a good index of how much fat you are carrying in your body.  For me, the 27.5 is in the middle of the "overweight" range.  My goal is to get under 25.0.  

Obviously I have some work to do!!!

Who's next???

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:03 PM

Donna, I won't be doing my weigh in until Monday but you'll be happy to hear my binging is over and I'm on the right track again, even did a 6 min. walk around the house yesterday.  I never took measurements and won't, don't have a tape measure large enough, LOL, just kidding but don't want to see the numbers.  I did do a BMI back in December and all that told me is I'm morbidly obese, which I already knew.

Congrats on your numbers, keep up the good work.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:05 PM

Debbie, congrats on your weight loss and I hope you win the gift card.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:09 PM

Wendy :
But hey I saved the lap top.

Wendy, you are too funny!  Sorry about your fall and re-hurting your knee and neck, hope it all heals quickly.  I can't wait until our temps get up to near 50, the walk outside sounds heavenly.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:04 PM

Marie:
 I did do a BMI back in December and all that told me is I'm morbidly obese, which I already knew.

Marie, don't just give up because of that number!  In fact, that number (and the classification it put you in) should make you all the more determined to do something about your health!  We want you to take care of yourself and be with us for a long, long time!!!  I bet your family feels that way too and will support your efforts 100%.

My only 3 sisters are in the "morbidly obese" category and I am trying desperately not to get there too.  

Remember what your number was and after you have lost some weight, try the calculator again.  I am sure if you weigh less, it will be less.  And, every little bit helps!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:18 PM

Hi, thought I was done with this ,when I went on a major binge. Which actually, I had just started eating "normally" again ,after the healing process. Well, my normal ,before my surgery, was way off the mark. So, here I am back again. However, I do have some good news. My BMI is 26.1. It has never been that. I haven't taken measurements. My weight went up 5 pounds and is now back down 3. I have started a walking program, again. This time a permanent addition. So, I'm back and better. Won't be long before I join our neighborhood walking group.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:21 PM

Good for you Sukochi...I am so happy for you!  And glad to have you back posting here.  We all need all the encouragement we can get...really.

Your BMI is obviously better than mine...you go girl...  I'm going to have to work real hard to catch you...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:50 PM

Donna I hadn't taken my measurements, but I will do that for March.  Today I went for a 4mile walk.  Did it in an hour and my poor dog is just done in! It was about 26F nice and crisp.  It felt great not to have to work to breathe.  So far in the first two months I've improved my eating habits.  I'm including some activity every day.  I will start adding weight bearing exercises during March break. I feel better. I just wish my weight dropped faster.  I just love eating too much.  Last time I checked I think my BMI was around 26 but will check all this tomorrow.

Good work everyone on your road to a healthy life! 

Angèle  from NWO

Page 68 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 66 67 68 69 70 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use