Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 65 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:54 PM

delete

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055

delete

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055

Patti:

will be having lunch tomorrow after snow dying class with Donna B.  She help me stay on track. 

LOL Patti!   We will have to keep each other on track for sure!

Marge P will be joining us too...Yah!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:59 AM

Gee Donna, I think that is a record.  Message and 3 repeats. 

I am glad Marge is coming.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:08 AM

Patti:

Gee Donna, I think that is a record.  Message and 3 repeats. 

I am glad Marge is coming.

Wow, I have no idea how that happened...will delete 3 of them!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:33 PM

Guess we've all pretty much quit on this board but thought I would send an update.  Still having problems with back, especially my upper back around my right shoulder blade.  Physical therapist thinks it's coming from my neck, very tender spot on the right side of my neck.  wondering now if that spot where occipital nerve is has enything to do with it also. 

haven't been on treadmill as much lately because of back pain.  why can't things return to normal, go back about 6 months.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:39 PM

Debbie, sorry your still having pain.   I am still on track just haven't had much to report, my body seems at a stand still.  Haven't, lost anything in 2 weeks,   need to switch up my routine, i think

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:00 PM

Hi anyone who is left.

I have been lurking and those that have still been posting mostly seem to be doing great. Congratulations to everyone still haning in there. I promise to come back and be a regular soon.

Wanted to give an update on my broken arm. Doctor took the splint off and left my right arm in a sling. It still has 3-5 weeks to heal, but he wants me to move my arm, but not use it. Hurts a lot. I decided the best way to move it would be to help in getting dressed, typing, and I'm slowly working on a needle turn applique block. For the purposes of this discussion, the most important thing is I can tie my sneakers so I can start walking again. I am still on the night shift this week, but back to days next week and I will be out of the house to start moving again with my arm in the sling for another couple of weeks.

I have lost 5.2 pounds since the beginning of the year. I am surprised I have only lost that much because I have not been eating very much. I think the pain meds are doing weird things to my metabolism, not hungry, but seem to be retaining a lot of water. I'm trying to focus more on getting back to eating every 2.5 -3 hrs instead of once a day. I'm sure that has not been helping my metabolism either. I will also be backing off the pain meds in the next few weeks.

Hang in there everyone.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:08 PM

Star - never broke an arm but did have rotator cuff surgery two years ago oand can sympathize with you.  It hurts and it is hard to move but not use.  I had to wear one of those awkward slings which kept my arm at a particular angle all the time.  Was difficult to sleep in, and going to the bathroom was not easy.  luckily,  my DH wasn't working at the time so he was around to help me alot. It was my right shoulder and I'm right handed.  I feel for you but hang in there. hopefully, the time will go by fast. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:20 PM

Thank you Debbie, I'm sure the time will pass quickly.  I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much pain, hang in there and take care of yourself. I've known several people who have had rotator cuff surgery in the last 2-3 years and they all said it was the worst pain they have ever had. Glad that is a couple of years behind you now.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:06 PM

Debbie, sorry to hear you are still having back problems.  Hopefully, the PT will be helpful until you are ready for surgery.

Star, glad you checked in with us!  And, glad to hear your arm is mending nicely.  I am sure it is slower than you would like, but these things do take time, don't they.  

You have lost more weight in the last month than I have...even with your pain meds and forced immobility!  I purposely am aiming to lose 1 pound per week and after a slow start in January, I am now on track...more or less.  Sometimes I get impatient, but I don't want to lose these pounds too quickly and just put them back on again.

I did have a few pieces of chocolate the other night...after burning a LOT of calories (1200) skiing that day, I figured I deserved a little treat of a couple hundred calories!  I still had a big deficit for the day, and I didn't cave in and run for more chocolate the next day!  So, all in all, I think I am doing pretty good.

Right now, my major form of exercise is cross-country skiing and with winter on its way out around here, my days of skiing are numbered. To continue to lose weight, I really do need this regular exercise routine...at least 3 days a week of cardio for 90-120 minutes!   There is a real gap in our area when the ski trails are not ski-able but the hiking/walking trails are either not accessible (too much snow) or are full of mud.  We will be taking a couple of weeks vacation during this time (heading south) so hopefully we will find some good hiking/walking trails and when we return home things will have dried out.  And then it will be gardening season...LOL!  I will have to check out the calorie burn for cutting and tying up raspberry vines and planting vegetables!  (DH does all the digging as my back will not tolerate it.)

I know the numbers posting here have dropped, but like you Star, I think many are lurking and checking in to see how everyone is doing.  So, please post as often as you can!  

Oh yes, I also wanted to mention that I am keeping track of my body measurements.  Oftentimes, this is a better early indication of muscle toning, fat loss, and health improvement than the scales.  In January (in spite of being sick for 2 weeks) I managed to lose 2.625 inches from my neck, waist, and hips combined.  I measured my thighs and calves on Feb 1, so when I re-measure on March 1, I should see some improvement there too.  

I think we all still have a measuring tape around our sewing boxes somewhere...so drag it out and measure your neck, waist, hips, thigh, and calf (one side only) and record your measurement.  I will bet you will see changes with this before you will see it on the scales!  When you hit and plateau, it is a good morale booster...that something is still working in the right direction.

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:18 PM
I am sure there are plenty of us that are still working on the weight loss, I know I forget to post anything. I do keep up with everyone's posts thou! I'm still working on my weight loss, counting calories with MyFitnessPal, and exercising a few days a week. Zumba 2 days a week, walking at least 2 days, and Pilates on the other days. This last 2 weeks have been really sick, in and out of ER and dr office, so no exercise, but no food either! Mostly clear liquids and trying to keep anything down. Don't give up!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,485
Points 24,770
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:27 PM

This last 2 weeks have been really sick, in and out of ER and dr office, so no exercise, but no food either! Mostly clear liquids and trying to keep anything down. Don't give up!!

Wow, Michelle!  you have had a time of it.  sure hope you start feeling better soon.  that's not the way you want to lose weight, I know.  My experience has been I don't even lose with all you are going thru. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 665
Points 12,705
Michelle replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:39 PM
not sure I wanted to get on the scale, but had to at the Dr's office today. So now on antibiotics and more clear liquids.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,738
Points 364,817
Kris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:31 PM

Debbie:
Guess we've all pretty much quit on this board but thought I would send an update. 

I'm still here just reading not posting.

I've been working on eating better and I have managed to get back into yoga and have practiced daily for about two weeks now. I tried something with weights and low to no impact aerobics but with muscle spasms that had to stop.

My spasming is poorly controlled right now. I got new meds but I'm a zombie on it so I can only take it after I get off work and I'm ready to go to bed. Once I take it I have about one hour before I'm no good to myself. In a world of hurt today maybe due to weather but I'll be back at the doctor's tomorrow. I'm very discouraged and hate talking about this stuff since I don't want to bring anybody down (myself included).

At any rate our little group at work is in the lead for the "Biggest Loser Challenge". We've lost 21% of our total body weight after four weeks. We're very excited.

I hope all who are ailing feel better soon. Keep striving to be healthier.

Page 65 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 63 64 65 66 67 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use