Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 60 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 10:53 PM

Well, I did allow myself some cake and ice cream.  And I could not eat all of it.  I found that the cake was far too rich for me.   But the birthday is over, and tomorrow I will be able to take a long walk.   I don't think I will have any problem staying away from the rest of the cake, as it was so sweet it was sickening. 

good for you for staying away from the sweets Donna.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:20 AM

Donna, I have to allow myself foods i really like at least 1 time a week or i can't stick to better eating habits though out the week,  i just try not to go over board with them

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:51 AM

Donna B:
did some major shopping (Costco, etc.).  So no exercise today either to offset anything!

I think shopping counts for some exercise, especially walking around huge stores like Costco.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:49 PM

Donna B - don't feel bad, you just had an off day is all.  get right back into it and lose.  I was the same way over the weekend and gained 3 lbs and can't seem to get it back off again.  still have two lbs of it! 

so, today had a salad for lunch and oatmeal for breakfast.  ate Special K bar for dessert - chocolate drizzle, yum!  Out!  you 2 lbs, OUT!!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:45 PM

I too, keep reading these posts and trying to find some wisdom that will work for me!  I stay about the same, gain and lose small amounts every week, but can't seem to make much progress in reaching my goal weight (set by Dr)  I'm in TOPS and have been for many years, thought I might be just getting lax about everything, so got on FitnessPal to see if it would help.  It keeps telling me I don't eat enough, as it adds calories for the exercise I do each day.  I try to keep to the 1200 calories anyway  and that's when it says not eating enough!  Not sure how you're supposed to lose if you exercise, then eat more!  I have been eating more healthy for several years,  at least I don't gain big amounts, and feel better for it, so guess that's something,  Good luck to all, I'll keep trying!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:11 PM

Have any of you thought about joining MyFitnessPal? It's a free online weight loss program. I use it and proudly say I have lost 45 pounds this last year total and kept it off. I just use it to post what I ate and what I have done.....even sewing is exercise. Just think up down movements and even the small movements keep range of motion going. I slack off a bit then go back to posting there to help keep me on track. I think seeing it in type makes it more apparent I am cheating or slacking too much....so I step up eating right and exercise. I have noticed when I do post regular I loose better than when I am thinking I can do this myself. Just a thought sorry to ramble so much.

BTW....do you have any great recipes for kale? I was wondering I have a ton of it and love it just want variety with it.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:11 PM

Have any of you thought about joining MyFitnessPal? It's a free online weight loss program. I use it and proudly say I have lost 45 pounds this last year total and kept it off. I just use it to post what I ate and what I have done.....even sewing is exercise. Just think up down movements and even the small movements keep range of motion going. I slack off a bit then go back to posting there to help keep me on track. I think seeing it in type makes it more apparent I am cheating or slacking too much....so I step up eating right and exercise. I have noticed when I do post regular I loose better than when I am thinking I can do this myself. Just a thought sorry to ramble so much.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:30 PM

Jacy:

Donna B:
did some major shopping (Costco, etc.).  So no exercise today either to offset anything!

I think shopping counts for some exercise, especially walking around huge stores like Costco.

Your right, I should have thought of that...LOL!  

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:33 PM

Debbie:
Donna B - don't feel bad, you just had an off day is all. 

Thanks Debbie, I worked very hard to make up today for what I did yesterday!  My net calorie intake for the two days was around 83% of what I burned, so I think I am OK.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:55 PM

Rhonnie:
I think seeing it in type makes it more apparent I am cheating or slacking too much....so I step up eating right and exercise. I have noticed when I do post regular I loose better than when I am thinking I can do this myself.

Rhonnie, so right!  I think you have hit the nail on the head...we all need reminders to slap us in the face now and then of exactly what we are putting in our mouths and how little we are actually exercising.  Myfitnesspal really helps with this.   It is a great program!  I have been using it every day since the first of the year.

Rhonnie:
 It keeps telling me I don't eat enough, as it adds calories for the exercise I do each day.  I try to keep to the 1200 calories anyway  and that's when it says not eating enough!  Not sure how you're supposed to lose if you exercise, then eat more!

Rhonnie, if you've been following the posts you probably have noted that I have been struggling with this too.  I think I am finally figuring it out...at least for me.  I had to go on a MFP group called "Eat More to Weigh Less" (EM2WL)  to see what they actually were talking about.  You might go there for some more insight.  For me, I found that I needed to be "eating my exercise calories" (in other words - eating enough calories to fuel my body 100% for daily living (BMR) and whatever exercise I do during the day) for a few weeks so that my body recognized that it was getting all the fuel it needed to survive.  Surprisingly, during this period, I did not gain any weight!  (I actually lost a little, but not very much....which I found frustrating at the time.)  Now that I have been fueling at 100% for 4 weeks, I have started to reduce my calorie intake to roughly 85% of my TDEE (BMR + exercise calories) and I have started to lose weight.  (I "unofficially" weighed myself early [mid-week] and had lost  1.6 #'s in 3 days.  We'll see if this is still there on my official weigh-in day of Monday - after my mixed up last two days...lol!)

If you want to do a friend request on MFP, I would be happy to be friends with you.  My user name on MFP is:  drbonn  (We can share experiences and help each other!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:39 AM

Carol, I think what you are saying is you are maintaining your weight, up a little and back down again.  I wish I could do that.  I've been a WW all my adult life and been down to my goal weight several times but I was never successful at maintaining.  I started this weight loss challenge back in mid December and as of last Monday lost 15 lbs.  Tomorrow will be another story, since I've eaten out a couple of times and I'm getting a little depressed with this weather.  I don't think I can make it out today because of it and I'm afraid I'm in for a binge if I stay in.  Any words of encouragement is appreciated.  HELP!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:06 AM

Great job Annie!   That is quite a great beginning!  It's crazy, but some days when I am on the verge of making bad food choices, I read here and it helps steer me in the right direction.  Not always but most times. The great thing is that it's not a competition between us but a challenge with ourselves. Challenge to make better choices, be more active and healthier. 

Keep it up. You are going in the right direction.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:09 AM

Marie, 15lbs great job

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:12 AM

Michelle, you are quite active.  I've been looking for a Pilates class but none are available in my area.  Keep up being active, you are doing great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:20 AM

Donna not eating enough is never my problem!! I love eating way too much. 

You are so active that as soon as you will be off what your body thinks as starving mode, you will begin to lose as you are so active.

keep it up!

Angèle  from NWO

Page 60 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 58 59 60 61 62 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use