Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 58 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:10 PM

I'm still here, not always able to post from my tablet but do read everyone's posts. 

go back to my orthopedic dr tomorrow on my back, still lots of pain, especially in the morning.  also been having a really weird pain in my right shoulder blade, it burns and achy and unfortunately, sitting at the sewing machine aggravates it.  hoping he'll have an answer.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,215
Michelle replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:31 PM
Debbie, So sorry to hear of all these issues with your back and shoulder. Hoping he can send you to a physical therapist that might give you some relief also. Sewing also gives me a burning pain at times under the scapula. Between physical therapy and a massage therapist, we have figured out a few exercises and stretches that get to that spot. I actually have a softball, that I put on the wall, "walk" it down to the spot, then lean on on the ball, moving my arm up and around to stretch out that muscle. That has been a great relief!! When I can't get in to the phy therapist or massage, this has been the best pain relief. I don't take any pain pills, but I do use muscle creams that help relieve it also. So hoping you can get some relief and get back to sewing!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,584
Points 26,545
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:46 PM

Michelle, remind me where the scalula is?  I'm on an anti-inflammatory and take 2 tramadol twice a day.  so being achy all the time is getting very old.  I'm too young for this #$%$.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 694
Points 13,215
Michelle replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:03 PM
Debbie, It's the shoulder blades. From some reason sewing really strains that area on me also. The trick with the soft ball has been great! I can't get to that spot that hurts and it seemed like no matter how I stretched my arms in all directions, I still had that pain. But putting that ball on the spot while leaning on it, then lifting my arm over my head, then in front of me, just moving the arm around, eases off the pain. Then I have my husband rub it with some type of cream, icy hot or what ever you like. Hope that helps, but talk with the physician about it and see what they think. I love the physical therapist and massage therapy in combination. It took a full months of both to get my back and shoulder pain under control. And if I don't do the exercises for a few days, it starts hurting again. Getting older is not for sissies!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:34 PM

Michelle:
Getting older is not for sissies!!

I will double-second that!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 9:35 PM

Debbie, hope you get your back issues under control soon.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:55 PM

it's good to see that several are still involved.   Debbie, Brandy, Angele, Donna, Michelle.   I did have a good weekend as far as exercise.  Cross county skiing Friday and Saturday.  Long walk Sunday.  And I ate appropriately.  No bad stuff or junk food.  And I think I lost a little more.  After the first week, my weight loss slowed down a lot, but I am still going in the right direction.  I do feel encouraged reading the posts here.  Thanks

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:47 AM

Yes we are fortunate to have free basic care. But now the movement is that if you need or want something done sooner than they move, you have to pay. For example, my brother injured his back before Christmas. He needed an MRI done. So instead of waiting another two months for the government paid one, he went through his insurance and paid for a private one to be done.  He is fortunate to be able to do that.

when DH will retire, we too will have to pay for health benefits which are now all covered by his workplace. It will cost close to 10% of his income when all is said and done, but that's ok because this includes travel health benefits too.

my cough is somewhat under control and I don't want to throw up each time. My fever broke but I'm still  achy  all over. However today, I need to get moving so that tomorrow I can go to work.  No sleeping the day away.

because my exercise was nil yesterday, I did go over my max calories. The only thing that was less healthy was my pumpkin loaf.  Oh well! Today is a new day. Lets make the best of it!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:57 AM

Good Morning everyone,    Woke up with no headache this morn, my throat is still  sore but not as bad as it was.    I have'nt been able to eat much solids, so i have been drinking hot chicken broth,  low sodium, but still retaining to much fluids with it,       should be able to go back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a healthy day

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:02 AM

Good for you  Patti. I need to go walk after this stupid cold! I am just empty...not even interested in sewing! Imagine that! This is where I'll be heading to as soon as I check all posts here. Even coffee has no taste today...

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:03 AM

Leslie, Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Take care, rest lots and think of new quilts to work on...That's become my favorite passtime.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 23,965
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:09 AM

I'm still working on it.  Haven't been eating too healthy, though.  Craving salt & sugar desperately!  Not sure what I'm missing that is causing such cravings.  And my exercising has gone to the dogs with the RR.  I have to get my hand sewing done and can't seem to manage time for both.  Of course, that's also a very convenient excuse, lol!

But I'm lurking and reading all the posts.  Great job on those still working on it.  For those that aren't, please don't give up!  Today is a new day and we can all start over with no recriminations!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:12 AM

Hi All,

I've been so busy with family "stuff" I haven't been keeping up with everyone's posts.  I have seen some great weight losses and even better lifestyle changes.  What an inspiration you all are.  I have decided to stray from WW and follow a low carb diet.  I just needed to change it up, Besides, I feel a lot better when I restrict carbs.  I have lost a total of 14.5 lbs. since we started this thread.  Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it totally helps.  And how much more fun is it when we can talk quilting, too

Have a great day and rest of the week! 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:15 AM

WOOHOO Annie, fantastic job,    I think it helps to change your diet up instead of restricting yourself to the same routine.   Keep up the good job

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:17 AM

Thanks, Leslie - hope you feel better soon

Page 58 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use