Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 57 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 7:23 AM

Debbie and Brandy, you both have done great.  Me not so good. But at least I lost a third of a pound. It was a roller coaster of a week and  I know I need to be more physically active.   So as soon as I get rid of this nasty cough, I will get into it more. For now I am listening to my body and doing what I can. Yeaterday, I went for a 35 min snowshoe walk in the bush.  No path. It was work!!

thank you all. This is a great place to share.  Have a good healthy week.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:46 AM

Hang in there Angele, with a nasty cough, 35 min. of cross-country snowshoeing is a hard workout!  Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

I weighed in again this morning and lost another whopping .4 pound this week(1/3#, just like Angele)!  I am getting a little frustrated as I am definitely watching what I am eating, using myfitnesspal religiously to track my calories in and calories burned...and I am NOT cheating!  With the amount of exercise I do, I was hoping for more like a pound a week, but it just isn't happening.  Sigh...  I am trying to be diligent about not getting into a calorie deficit (starvation mode) but yet eat so I will lose weight consistently every week.  It appears to be a very fine line for me!  I will keep fine-tuning my calorie intake so hopefully next week I will have a little better result.

Happy Monday everyone and good luck with another week on our journey to a healthier you and me!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:42 PM

I am glad there are still a few of us still checking in and talking about are ups and down,  I find it really helps me.     I am not feeling very well this evening, sore throat and headache,, think i will fix me a cup of low sodium chicken broth take a hot bath then bed

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 8:52 PM

Leslie :

I am glad there are still a few of us still checking in and talking about are ups and down,  I find it really helps me.     I am not feeling very well this evening, sore throat and headache,, think i will fix me a cup of low sodium chicken broth take a hot bath then bed

Helps me too, Lesley.  The scale said I gained .2oz.  Had a good healthy week foodwise but not as active as I should've been.  Darn "Nemo"!  It should be better this week.  Can't wait for Spring, cabin fever setting in.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 8:59 PM

Lesley, sorry you're not feeling well, sweet dreams, my friend.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 9:01 PM

Sorry you're not feeling well, Lesley, sweet dreams, my friend.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:46 AM

Thanks Marie,  I feel better this morning,  think i just have a little bit of a head cold, 

I am ready for spring also, need to get out and get my garden ready

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:56 AM

Leslie, I'm having the sore throat, fever, and cough too. Staying home today as I don't want to share this with the students.  Right now I'm heading for the shower, putting on clean pjs and back to bed. I hate feeling so empty. No energy, no oomph.

take care of yourself Leslie. We will beat this cold!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 10:11 AM

Angele:

Leslie, I'm having the sore throat, fever, and cough too. Staying home today as I don't want to share this with the students.  Right now I'm heading for the shower, putting on clean pjs and back to bed. I hate feeling so empty. No energy, no oomph.

take care of yourself Leslie. We will beat this cold!

Angele, I'm almost in the same condition except for the fever.  I honestly think this is the same bug I had in January.  I went through a dose of antibiotics, which helped, but I never felt that it completely conquered the bug.  As a result, as soon as I finished the anitibiotics, I slowly started another downward spiral until now I am back almost to where I was when I went to the doctor last month.  I was hoping that my immune system (with the help of the antibiotics) would get rid of this, but no. This is the first winter "cold" I have had in over five years, but when I get one it seems to last all winter long.  

I don't have much energy this morning either, but I have a group ski today, a ski class tomorrow and the Ski Tour of the Methow (20K for me) on Saturday.  Then, I get a day off (?) to help with the Doggy Dash (dressed up dogs and skier team competition...very fun event).  I think I am going to call in to the doctor again as soon as they open.  

I hope we all  feel better soon...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:20 AM

Donna for someone who is no feeling 100% you sure keep busy.  I think that if this hangs on for more than a day or two, I will call to see the nurse practionner.  We have lost so many MDs that its impossible to have an appointment for at least two months. So it has to be a NP or emerge which I hate going to unless there is no other way.

So lets all tell those virus to go back where they came from! I don't want any of them.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:47 AM

Angele:

Donna for someone who is no feeling 100% you sure keep busy.  I think that if this hangs on for more than a day or two, I will call to see the nurse practionner.  We have lost so many MDs that its impossible to have an appointment for at least two months. So it has to be a NP or emerge which I hate going to unless there is no other way.

So lets all tell those virus to go back where they came from! I don't want any of them.

We are very fortunate here to have a few very good doctors who practice here because of the outdoor recreation opportunities.  They don't make the $$$ they would in the cities, but they are willing to make that sacrifice primarily to raise their children in a healthy environment.  But that being said, when I called in, both doctors in our clinic were booked solid today and the first appt I could get (with a  NP) was tomorrow morning...so I took it.  Apparently, there are a lot of sick people right now!  I don't mind the NP for this as I know if it were something more serious my MD would be there in a flash.  She even is OK with calling her at home if it is an emergency. There are some benefits to living in a small town...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:01 PM

I live in a small town, but there is just nothing to keep the young doctors here. The mill is 80% shut down and they are doing some mineral testing with the possibility of opening mines.  Very expensive to operate as we are on the Canadian Shield...pure rock.

it is frustrating when the only MD taking patients is like 80 something.... He's ok but I would prefer a female doctor.  Mine just left in June as her DH couldn't have a job here.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:36 PM

Well ladies, no head cold, I have strep throat, after i posted this morn about feeling better it didn't last long called in to work,  then went to doctor.

Hope evryone gets to feeling better,  more chicken broth for me tonight lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:43 PM

Leslie :
Well ladies, no head cold, I have strep throat

Leslie, so sorry to hear this!  I've had a terrible sore throat with this "thing" but NP didn't say it was strep.  Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Angele, as we chose to move here for our retirement years, medical services were an important issue for us.  I assume you have lived in your community for many years. That would be difficult to see the medical services dwindle just as you are reaching an age where you might need them most.  I wouldn't be thrilled with an 80 year-old male doctor either.  We are very lucky here!  For a remote area we have extremely good medical services (even our emergency response and transport is top notch).  Our only "issue" is the distance from a hospital - 50 miles and a major medical facility -100 miles.   We also chose to pay for medical  flight  insurance to get us to one of those facilities (or even Seattle - 300 miles) if time was a critical issue medically.

On the flip side, I envy all Canadians for the affordable medical care you have!  If we have it here in the US, we pay dearly for it!  DH and I are fortunate enough to have excellent secondary insurance to supplement our medicare, but the monthly premium price is really high...about 15% of our monthly income.  But, we are willing to pay it and just watch our pennies on everything else...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:58 PM

Angele:
Donna for someone who is no feeling 100% you sure keep busy.

Angele, hope you are feeling better soon also.

LOL, it does seem like I keep pretty busy...luckily not every week is like this one.  Today with our ski group was a pretty easy ski.  DH and one other guy are 72 yo and the oldest, then me and all the rest are between 60-66 yo...but not as good a skiers as DH and myself.  So, skiing with this group is definitely more social than anything.  We ski somewhat based on the slowest person in the group...which involves a fair amount of stops along the way.  And there is a lot of talking and visiting with each stop and then we go out to lunch together afterward.  Lots of fun and a great group of friends,but not much of a serious workout for me!  We did manage to go about 9 Km today...in about an hour and a half...so not too speedy.  With the way I am feeling, this was fine today... I just needed to keep my muscles in shape so I will be fine for the 20 Km tour on Saturday.

Winthrop, WA

Page 57 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use