Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 55 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:04 PM

Leslie :

Donna,  I also lift 50lbs  of machinery most of the day, plus the components we make are 5lbs a piece, and i  lift  about 2 thousand of them aday.   I think i might need a good cardio, work out

Yea, I think Pat is right...you probably need a good massage after a day like that...LOL!  But, I assume these are isolated events and no repetitions...therefore your comment about needing a good cardio work-out.  Well????  There are all kinds of them available on the web, TV, Netflix, Hulu, everywhere!  You pick one that seems to be right for you...try it and see if you like it!  

But, I do understand...having the discipline to do it every day  *alone* is very, very difficult.  Any chance you have a friend or co-worker that you could do it with during lunch?  Or, right after work?  Or any other time that would work for you?  Or is an exercise class an option for you?  I bet you would love step-aerobics!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Leslie - My Lord in Heaven!!!  Iagree with everyone else!!  That does not sound like anything I would be inclined to do, but God bless you for doing it!!  If going for a walk doesn't sound like your cup of tea, I would suggest yoga.  They have a TON of different kinds, from kids to pregnant women to advanced to senior yoga.  I have done yoga off and on since I was 16 years old and even did it while I was pregnant with my son. I had to stop after I was 6 months pregnant because I moved and didn't have room while living with far too many people in an apartment that was not capable of comfortably fitting us all in. 

Anyway, it would help stretch out your muscles to elongate them.

And last word from me:  I'm going to take pictures of myself in the same bridesmaid dress that I wore to my friend's wedding in December, next week.  I'm going to take pictures in it every six weeks or so to get an idea as to where I am with my weight/inch loss.  I'm also going to start taking photos of me in more revealing clothing (tight, not less!) so I can also gauge my progress in that manner.  I honestly didn't have the emotional fortitude to take pictures of myself early January.  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:33 PM

Been keeping up with everyone's posts but hsdn't posted in awhile.  I weighed Mon and lost another 2 lbs.  Still having back problems - injections did not help at all.  And now having pain between my shoulder blades. Sewed little bit tonite but hurt too much.  

I go back to orthopedic dr on Wed so hope he csn help. Did get on treadmill for 25 min, just keep going despite the pain.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Pat, a massage sounds wonderful.   I seem to hang on to weight,  because i have a bad tendency not to eat but once aday,   my body thinks i am starving it,  But since i started with this group   I have stared making myself eat 3 times aday.   as of this morning i am now down 10 lbs

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Donna, yes i have lots of choices, we do have  a good gym here.   I just have to find the stamina to make myself do it.  after work i just want ot get home and soak in a hot bath.   I know if i just make myself go i will feel much better

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Leslie's - great job!! That is an awesome loss! Too few calories can definitely cause you to hang on to weight. Good job on planning more consistent meals!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Thanks Brandy,   and your thought about yoga,   i had never concidered it,  but i think i am going to see if my gym has a yoga class,   i think that my muscles, would benifit greatly from it

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 13,370

Debbie, just noticed your post. Not sure te cause of your back issues but if your phy thinks physical therapy would help, they are awesome with chronic back issues from different causes. Making sure the stretches and exercises as well as pain reduction techniques are just for your body and monitored. It does take time, usually several months to see a difference but then you have the correct exercises and stretches for you to perform at home. You also have the follow up with the Phy therapist for the future. Again not sure of your back problems but something to think about. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:39 AM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):

Leslie's - great job!! That is an awesome loss! Too few calories can definitely cause you to hang on to weight. Good job on planning more consistent meals!

Leslie, I'll second Brandy's remark!!!  Awesome!!!  The consistent meals seem to be doing the trick for you, so keep it up.

I also thought of yoga, so thanks Brandy for suggesting it.   With your on-the-job work-out, a healthy consistent mealplan plus yoga might be you you need.  

Plus, yoga is great!!!  I took a class in the fall and plan to re-start after the ski season is over.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:39 AM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):

Leslie, I'll second Brandy's remark!!!  Awesome!!!  The consistent meals seem to be doing the trick for you, so keep it up.

I also thought of yoga, so thanks Brandy for suggesting it.   With your on-the-job work-out, a healthy consistent mealplan plus yoga might be all you need.  

Plus, yoga is great!!!  I took a class in the fall and plan to re-start after the ski season is over.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:55 AM

Debbie:

Been keeping up with everyone's posts but hsdn't posted in awhile.  I weighed Mon and lost another 2 lbs.  Still having back problems - injections did not help at all.  And now having pain between my shoulder blades. Sewed little bit tonite but hurt too much.  

I go back to orthopedic dr on Wed so hope he csn help. Did get on treadmill for 25 min, just keep going despite the pain.  

Debbie, sorry to hear about your back pain issues.  I'm with you!  I had terrible back pain last spring and summer.  Everyone is different and as Michele mentioned, physical therapy is a very good option to try.  Often times, strengthening muscles supporting the spine will help tremendously!

Also, you mentioned pain between your shoulder blades.  Sorry to bring this up, but it may be due to posture while at the sewing machine.  Keep your head from tipping forward...every inch your chin is extended forward adds 10 pounds of pressure on your upper back muscles!  So, sit up straight...check that your chair and machine are at the proper height, keep those shoulders back and your chin in.  A lot to remember, but your back will appreciate it!  I also make it a habit not to sit at the machine for more than 5 minutes at a time.  My cutting mat and ironing board are several steps away from my machine so I have to get up and MOVE to cut or press. Staying in one position for more than 5 minutes is an absolute No-No (at least for me)!

There is a good book on ergonomics for the sewing/quilting room, but I don't remember the title at the moment (maybe someone else can jump in with that).  You also might try You-Tube for demo's on "back-friendly" positions while sewing.  

Good luck and I hope you find some relief and the answers for you very soon.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:54 PM

I haven't been posting for a while. Donna's request for the book prompted me. Rx for Quilters is a super excellent book on overall well being for quilters. It is written by an MD, Dr Susan DeLaney, I believe is her name.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:26 PM

Debbie, sorry you are having back problems.  Prayers going up for you to feel better soon.  Congrats on the 2 lbs. and the treadmill despite the pain.  Take care of yourself.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:31 PM

That's great Leslie, 10 lbs and eating 3 squares a day!  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Thanks Brandy, Donna and Marie

[Ava, Missouri

Page 55 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use