Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 54 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 5,040
Annette replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:17 PM

Star...

So sorry to hear about your fall.   Injuries can certainly slow you down.   Keep thinking positive.  

I'm off to a late start here.   My youngest just went back to college this past weekend and hard to do much while he was here and cooking for us both.    Have started a walking exercise video - walked a 'mile' during my lunch break and again after work.    One step at a time.......

Annette

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Annette - always better late than never!! One step is all we really can do! 

just wanted to stop by and give you gals a chuckle. I am currently in bed with a heating pad between my legs because my thighs hurt so bad that walking is not something I look forward to tomorrow. I am for sure going to look amazing walking around like a duck tomorrow (butt out)!!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Brandy, ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:47 AM

You are too funny, Brandy!  Love your sense of humor.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:51 AM

Star, so sorry you fell.  I pray you will heal quickly, take care of yourself.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:31 AM

Brandy, Please pace yourself.  It is not good to be that sore.  You may be trying to advance too fast.   But gee, ish I was there to see your duck waddle.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:56 AM

Angele:

Donna I tried but it told me my email to you could not be sent.  Try to friend me.  I am Angele067

Angele, I just sent you a friend request on mfp.  My user name there is "drbonn".  

We all need all the encouragement we can get!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:03 AM

Ginny:

Brandy, Please pace yourself.  It is not good to be that sore.  You may be trying to advance too fast.   But gee, ish I was there to see your duck waddle.   Ginny

Brandy, I know you have high goals...but I have to agree that you are pushing too fast.  You should NOT be hurting that much.  You have a serious case of the DOMS

( "Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness" - when you work out enough to tear tiny fibres in your muscles). 

Some soreness is OK, but what you are describing is excessive!  Please take it a little easier. You are not doing yourself any favors.  Talk to your coach about this!!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Ginny and Donna - I totally understand DOMS.  I was in track and field in high school and have read a million hours on working out and lifting weights in the last 15 years since then (thinking that knowledge will move me...and it never actually did..imagine that). 

I pushed myself yesterday (doing HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training) on the elliptical because today and tomorrow I cannot work out because of my wonky schedule.  Tonight is Financial Peace University and tomorrow I am driving to my friend's house an hour away in rush hour for Bible study.  I'm not as sore as I thought I would be last night.  I have MADE myself get up every hour and walk around the office to alleviate the soreness, and it has worked beautifully.  

My next heavy workout isn't until Friday.  Until then I am going to allow my muscles to repair themselves in relative peace and watch my calories in the mean time.  I just don't like being off working out to some capacity for more than a day because I'm honestly terrified of letting myself drop back into being lazy.  

Thank you all for keeping me honest and grounded!!  I definitely need a reality check from time to time!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Brandy - my two sons and their wives are going to the Financial Peace university too. I babysit so they can go. I am reading Dave Ramsey's books and listening to his CDs. Very interesting. He advocates cutting up the credit cards and I am not ready to go that far. However, I wonder if the Lord is trying to tell me something. Last month American Express called me to ask about fraud on my card. It was fraud so they closed the account and sent me a new card. Today I got a call from one of my VISA cards that had a lot of fraud attempts yesterday. Nasty people out there these days!

Well I actually got on my treadmill and did a mile last night. I think the treadmill is still in a state of shock cuz it has been quite a while since I did that. Will see if I have any energy left when I get home from church. I might get on it for a while. I was in a much happier emotional state after walking. I guess maybe I need to make more effort.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:01 PM

Brandy, all I can say is....OWWWW, please take it a bit slower. It won't help if you get hurt.

Annette, you are doing more than I am right now. There are so much cold, flu, strep in the school that it's hard not to catch something. I'm now feeling better than I've been in two weeks so I'll be picking up the pace.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Pat, good for you.   I need to excerise, but at work i walk all day long on concrete floors, wearing steel toe shoes,  by the time i get home my legs and feet hurt really bad

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:55 PM

Leslie :

Pat, good for you.   I need to excerise, but at work i walk all day long on concrete floors, wearing steel toe shoes,  by the time i get home my legs and feet hurt really bad

Hi Leslie, sounds like you are getting a pretty good lower body work-out at your workplace.  But what about upper body?  Maybe in the evenings you could do some upper body exercises to strengthen your arms and shoulders.  

When we are working with our senior group we remind them that the arms are important.  If they fall down, it will be their arms they will need to help them get back up!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Donna,  I also lift 50lbs  of machinery most of the day, plus the components we make are 5lbs a piece, and i  lift  about 2 thousand of them aday.   I think i might need a good cardio, work out

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Leslie, it sounds to me like you need a good chiropractor and massage therapist! How in the world can you hold on to any extra weight working like you do?

Page 54 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use