Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 53 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 10:13 AM

Leslie :

Hello everyone,   where are you all at?       Well it's a new work week for me,   Hate going to work, the only ggod thing about it is the money and it keeps me eating on schedule.

Hope everyone has a healthy day

Leslie at 6:34 AM I was fast asleep but here I am!  You must be in work now at 10:57 AM.  :  )  Well, I got on the scale this AM and I've lost another 1.1 lbs.  I had an unusual weekend with meals but I guess I did alright for myself.  Not bragging just wasn't sure how well I did with the choices I had to make both Saturday and Sunday.  I have been much more active than I usually am at this time of year.  I usually hibernate for Jan. and Feb., literally.  I didn't even get my 10 min. walk around the house this week.  Will try again this week, no promises.  

I wish everyone another healthier happier week this week, y'all could do it! 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:07 AM

Angele:
 Since the beginning of January, I have kept track of what I eat on My Fitness Pal.

Angele, you'll do better when you feel better...fighting a cold can really set you back for awhile.  Would you like to "friend" me on MFP?  I only have 2 friends on there now, but I have found it a great help to see what they are eating that might be helpful for me.  My user name is:  drbonn   If you are interested, send me a friend request.

I also understand your hesitation to exercise outdoors with the extreme cold temps you have.  But, when you feel a little better, doing some indoor exercises. ..at least when it is super-cold outside.  Every little bit helps!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:13 AM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):
I have lost a total of 7 lbs for the month of January and I could not be more thrilled!

Way to go Brandy!  You deserved to be thrilled!  

But, I can't help but envy your young body and remember when I could do that...LOL.  (I bet I'm not the only one.)  If you can benefit from our experience (and I hope you will), be sure you are aiming for something that you can live with for a life-time.  I think all of us over 50 wish we had when we were your age!  After 50, your body metabolism changes soooo much...it can really catch you off guard, if you are not prepared.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:03 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm back from Boston.  I had a mishap on my last gas stop, 2 hours from home.  I fell on ice and broke my nose and right arm at the elbow.  I'm badly bruised in several other places.  i hope i am finally getting a cast on today.  I will weigh myself with the cast.  no exercising for a while, but i can watch my eating.  hopefully i will be able to walk in a couple of weeks when my knee feels better asnd i am not on so much pain meds.

The group has shrunk, but it looks like those hanging in there are doing great.

Have a good week.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:30 PM

Oh Star, how unfortunate for you to have that terrible fall.  I hope yo are soon feeling much better.  I will put you in my prayers for quick healing.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 2:40 PM

I'm so sorry for those hurting and suffering!  I keep my QCA family in my daily prayers.

I somehow gained back 5 of the 10# I lost.  I know it's because I've been sitting on my bum instead of doing.  I need to get back to doing the silly exercises.  I bought one of those balls, and I have small weights at home, so I can do some of the exercises that I remember my trainer showed me.  They are killer to my abs, but I think they will help keep my back from hurting so much in the long run.

In any case, I need to get my excessive eating under control and get my body moving.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Star, you poor thing,  Take care and becareful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Donna B:

I have lost a total of 7 lbs for the month of January and I could not be more thrilled!

Way to go Brandy!  You deserved to be thrilled!  

But, I can't help but envy your young body and remember when I could do that...LOL.  (I bet I'm not the only one.)  If you can benefit from our experience (and I hope you will), be sure you are aiming for something that you can live with for a life-time.  I think all of us over 50 wish we had when we were your age!  After 50, your body metabolism changes soooo much...it can really catch you off guard, if you are not prepared.

Donna - I will have to admit that I see my parents and other people who are older with lots of hurts and pains - people in their 50's - and life is just painful whether they move or stay put, and that actually motivates me.  I don't want to be all "Oh, you old people are so...old acting", I have just seen the effects of years of inactivity and eating poorly played out in my family and it is heart breaking.  I already have joint pain issues...nothing that I can't handle, but I don't want to exacerbate it with poor nutrition and not moving.  I am also about to start taking Move Free for a joint support.  I was taking it last year (though I wasn't taking care of myself otherwise....) and it really did help, so I'm going to go back to taking them because they work and I want to move like a soon to be 33 year old instead of a soon to be 33 year old going on 150.  

Yesterday I went and tossed a football around with my friends.  Apparently I can throw a football rather gracefully, though I slightly pulled my shoulder muscle out of joint.  LOL  I took it for granted that it was just a friendly throwing around the ball and didn't stretch properly.   We live and learn.  Today I saw my trainer...YAY she's back and feeling better!  And such a sweetheart.  

Today I was talking to one of my co-workers who has a gym membership and is paying for training but isn't actually using it.  She is 10 years younger than me and I can outlast her on the elliptical and the treadmill.  Part of me is very proud of myself for having that ability, honestly.  Not that I have her body (and not that she is perfect and skinny and healthy, because she's definitely not, but she's also not as unhealthy as I am), but that I am finally to a point where taking care of myself is so much more important than a margarita after a hard day.  I now find my high in weight lifting.  I still like margaritas, but those happen only once a year.  I'm such a light weight.  And I am so thankful that I grew out of that.

Anyway, I could ramble on and on, but I need to get the rest of my night squared away.  I haven't sewn one stitch this year.  YIKES!  I have a goal of finishing ONE quilt - a baby quilt even - this month.  LOL  I think I can I think I can!  I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so I'm going to have to learn balance.  That was my goal last year and, well, I failed.  It was a valiant effort, anyway.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Star - OUCH!!!  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  I'm glad it wasn't any worse (yes, it could have been).  I will say an extra prayer for you this evening for fast healing and natural pain management.

Pat - Haven't heard from you doll.  You are definitely an angel on earth for what you did for your friend.  Kudos to you.  How are you doing after? 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:33 PM

Oh bless your heart! Hang in there and keep that awesome attitude! Prayers for fast and great healing...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Pat - Haven't heard from you

I am still around. I have been very busy losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. LOL, welcome to life in the 60s, I will be 62 this week. I have been busy with life. I live 3 miles from my job but drive for an hour to get there because I have to take DS to work first. Then I have to pick him up at the end of the day. I will be sooooo glad when he gets himself some transportation! He is hoping to get something in the next few weeks. I have also been busy trying to prepare for a wedding on Saturday. I was asked to make a cake for 200. That's right at the top of the list of healthy foods to eat. My treadmill is calling me but I have been ignoring it. I plan to get on it this week and to not taste too much batter or icing. My DIL and grandchildren left Monday to spend time with her parents in another state. They are going to take a trip to visit their family out west. She will be gone almost a month. While she is gone DS is trying to get all the extra hours at his 2nd job that they will give him. That means I will have my house to myself more and I will do my own cooking. That will help me a lot. My DS does most of the cooking and he is trying to please his 2 small boys and wife. That does not translate to healthy meals. I hope to get in the habit of cooking for myself and continue it when they get back. I think my biggest problem is not moving much. I really need to do something about that!

I applaud all of you for your efforts. I am impressed with the amount of exercise and healthy eating that is going on. Keep up the good work and hopefully you all will kind of influence me to do better at joining you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Pat,   good to hear from you, Hopefully your life will settle down soon

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:50 PM

Donna I tried but it told me my email to you could not be sent.  Try to friend me.  I am Angele067

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:07 PM

Brandy thanks for the encouragements.  I think this such a great idea to have that kind of challenge like you have at work.  It is a great incentive to keep moving. I do believe that is the kick on the pants I need.  Well I'm feeling much better today. Still stuffy but not as spacey.  Saturday as i was trying to clean my sewing room, I dropped my iron and it broke in pieces. So Sunday, I got a new one,  not my favorite one but it looks like a good one.  So Brandy I will keep cheering you on and praying that you find your happy weight and be able to play football with your son and friends for many years.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,510
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:11 PM

Star I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Was there ice where you fell? Here as soon as it warms up, we get more snow!  I would rather have the snow any day than the freezing rain my parents had on the easy coast..  Please take good care of yourself.  Hugs and prayers going your way.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 53 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use